Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New property owner registering for tax - Need for IBAN to access Modelo 30 ?

New property owner registering for tax - Need for IBAN to access Modelo 30 ?

Old Jun 26th 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

IB99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New property owner registering for tax - Need for IBAN to access Modelo 30 ?

I have just bought a property in the joint names of myself, wife and (adult) daughter. My wife and I opened a bank account, but we did not think to put our daughter's name on the account. The bank says that it is now too late to do so.

I looked at the online registration for Spanish tax, and it seems that it is necessary to get an electronic ID from the tax authorities to register with the online Modelo 30. If I have understood correctly this involves receiving a letter with an access code. Thus far, no big issue.

However, to register for the electronic ID the system requires a surname, NIE and a Spanish IBAN. Our daughter has an NIE but, of course, does not have a Spanish IBAN. Does this mean that we have to get one for her (an unnecessary hassle and additional cost given the account maintenance fees charged). Is there any way around this ?

As a PS, the system currently seems to be non-functional as I am getting this message when I try to register myself "En estos momentos no es posible establecer conexión para verificar los datos de identidad". Is this a normal state of affairs or have I just been unlucky ??