New Potatoes

Old May 15th 2012, 9:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Potatoes

Originally Posted by Fred James
Mercadonna!

I buy the small potatoes which make good new potatoes such as MarisPiper or Charlotte - look at the variety on the pack. Keep them dry and eventually they will sprout. Then just plant them and wait until they have flowered and the foliage is dying off and just dig them up.

They keep well in the fridge or in a bucket of sawdust or shredded paper but I doubt they will last long!

It's probably the simplest thing I have ever grown!
we did that when we lived in Spain as well. Also brought some seed pots back from the UK, no problems with doing that as they are certified disease free.
Old May 15th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Potatoes

Originally Posted by avocados
Over-rated and poisoned with salt.

OH brought back a sack on the plane a couple of days ago. 25 kilos and not charged anything extra, lol.
Depends where you eat them I suspect, I doubt there is a grand plan to overload tourists with salt.