Reload this Page >

new piece of motorway from Alicante to Murcia

new piece of motorway from Alicante to Murcia

Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

amelie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new piece of motorway from Alicante to Murcia

Hello!

I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm travelling to Murcia from Altea tomorrow and I know there is a new bit of motorway that you can join from the ap7 in the Alicante area (sign post says Murcia).
Do you think it will get us to Murcia quicker than the old route?? I believe its a toll road and costs about ten euros. I'm wondering if its worth the money?
I have checked google maps but am none the wiser, any tips would be appreciated!

Muchas thank yous!

amelie
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Re: new piece of motorway from Alicante to Murcia

The old (free) autovia round Alicante gets very busy at rush hours so at those times the new road would save you some time and probably be an easier drive. At quieter periods I doubt if it would be much quicker. I think it depends on how much you value saving a little time.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petew
The old (free) autovia round Alicante gets very busy at rush hours so at those times the new road would save you some time and probably be an easier drive. At quieter periods I doubt if it would be much quicker. I think it depends on how much you value saving a little time.
Once you leave Murcia head toward Alicante on the only motorway, you will pay one toll coming out for 3 euro - for about 5 poxy miles, then its free, now if you seriously want the toll road then not long before you get to alicante Airport you will see a sign for Valencia AP7, take that and you will be on the new unused motorway that takes you miles round the outskirts of Alicante, as far a s I remember there is only one charge of 2.8 Euro, but it will most likely add another 30 minutes to your journey and more fuel.

I personally would stay on the road A70 Past the airport you migt hit a bit of traffic but nothing like the M25, I found it really ok and that road will take you all the way to Altea, but if it is your prefence to do the new toll road then im pretty sure its the first big signs for Valencia AP7, just past Elche

Having done it by mistake myself I would not do it again, I found it took longer, drove miles out the way and had to pay for the privilege

I found the A70 quite ok myself.

When you hit El Campello - where one of the Tolls is, its quite amazing becuase you see the A70, the AP7 and the N332 all together, quite a ridiculous road system 3 main roads (2 of which are motorways) all running along side each other to the same places
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Once you leave Murcia head toward Alicante on the only motorway, you will pay one toll coming out for 3 euro - for about 5 poxy miles, then its free, now if you seriously want the toll road then not long before you get to alicante Airport you will see a sign for Valencia AP7, take that and you will be on the new unused motorway that takes you miles round the outskirts of Alicante, as far a s I remember there is only one charge of 2.8 Euro, but it will most likely add another 30 minutes to your journey and more fuel.

I personally would stay on the road A70 Past the airport you migt hit a bit of traffic but nothing like the M25, I found it really ok and that road will take you all the way to Altea, but if it is your prefence to do the new toll road then im pretty sure its the first big signs for Valencia AP7, just past Elche

Having done it by mistake myself I would not do it again, I found it took longer, drove miles out the way and had to pay for the privilege

I found the A70 quite ok myself.

When you hit El Campello - where one of the Tolls is, its quite amazing becuase you see the A70, the AP7 and the N332 all together, quite a ridiculous road system 3 main roads (2 of which are motorways) all running along side each other to the same places
Saying that Ive only come off at El Campello before of the AP7 & A70 to the N332, possibly they merge then which maybe where you was quoted the higher toll, I cant remember off hand someone im sure will put me right but I agree with what Pete says, unlikely to save you more time, dont know really why they just didnt spend the money widenening the A70 than building a whole new empty ring road round the ring road, lol
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just keep off the N332, certainly from Torreveija south it's often nose to tail, particularly at this time of the year with people wanting to avoid the tolls on the motorway. Tolls in the playa Flamenca area are about 3.75€(summer rate) and you will certaily save time.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:12 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Just keep off the N332, certainly from Torreveija south it's often nose to tail, particularly at this time of the year with people wanting to avoid the tolls on the motorway. Tolls in the playa Flamenca area are about 3.75€(summer rate) and you will certaily save time.
keep uesing the back road only the loacal used it and santa pola two airport 10 mins same with elche just to many on the road now adays
need Light rail system in the area for the airport and so on
jurdy
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jurdyr
keep uesing the back road only the loacal used it and santa pola two airport 10 mins same with elche just to many on the road now adays
need Light rail system in the area for the airport and so on
jurdy
To be honest I thought the N332 so long as you not in alicante is a great road, on both sides of alicante - just watch for some sharp bends

I done Quesda to Bendiorm / Villajoyasa as if I was up and down the A12 doing Ipswich to brentwood 3 times a day, and while I did see the motorway a touch busy in the rush hour was nothing like I say before the M25, even the N332 is not that bad outside of alicante, They have hookers on the road - that means the road has to be pretty safe to stop - I like the N332 nice views from Benidorm and after Santa Pola at night is the Beautiful Salt Lakes
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
To be honest I thought the N332 so long as you not in alicante is a great road, on both sides of alicante - just watch for some sharp bends

I done Quesda to Bendiorm / Villajoyasa as if I was up and down the A12 doing Ipswich to brentwood 3 times a day, and while I did see the motorway a touch busy in the rush hour was nothing like I say before the M25, even the N332 is not that bad outside of alicante, They have hookers on the road - that means the road has to be pretty safe to stop - I like the N332 nice views from Benidorm and after Santa Pola at night is the Beautiful Salt Lakes

Problem is that they are now doing miles of road works from Alicante to Murcia as they are making it into a dual carriageway, and the Torrevieja to Campoamor length has always been nose to tail for most of its length at this time of the year with all the tourist traffic, not worth trying between 10am to about 4 pm, unless you like nose to tail traffic jams, and this year the jams have started ealier due to all the works.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:11 am
Just Joined

amelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

I am returned! and thanks to your advice I stuck to the old route and didnt experience any delays.

I think i was thinking that if there was a new motorway to Murcia which you had to pay for, maybe it would be quicker??!!! Obvioulsy not.........

Thanks again for your comments, knew i could count on you!

amelie