Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

<< new person walks in hiya!

<< new person walks in hiya!

Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

jojonew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: << new person walks in hiya!

thanks for your reply we've still got alot of thinking to do. jo x
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

here we come spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: << new person walks in hiya!

Wow!! what replys ive got!! Thanks so much for taking the time to welcome me in. Sounds like most of you are saying its not that easy! Im really not doing it for the "easy life" I understand it wont be easy. We are coming out in nov, my partner already been 3 times to vist friends.We know lifes not gonna be one big holiday!

So from what people are saying the best thing to do is put the kids in state primary school? Then private higher?

We were going to rent for a few years and start Spainish classes after Xmas.

My partner is in sales so i take it he wont get a job near Nerja?

Thanks for taking the time to reply
katie x
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

here we come spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: << new person walks in hiya!

Originally Posted by jojonew
thanks for your reply we've still got alot of thinking to do. jo x
me too jo! lol Katie xxx
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

sueandterry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I understand where you are coming from Bill but there are plenty of people that have moved here with young families and done so sucessfully, so as always you have to take a balanced view.

Use a recommended gestor

If you are driving a UK plated car then you deserve to be stopped by the Police ... you shouldn't be doing it.

Dont use Brits if you are worried about being ripped off .... Spanish workforce represents much better value

How do you know that people are privately as miserable as hell

But as Billgates says, plan everything carefully. Make sure you have a lot of money to back you up, and dont come over here thinking you will be able to fall in to a job.

And finally jojonew, I wouldn't think that 15 (and even maybe 11) are a good age to rip kids out of the UK education system and bring them to a country where they wont be able initially to understand what they are being taught. You'd have to consider an international school maybe, and of course those are private so you'd have to pay.
Unfair to say that the brits rip off other Brits, as we arent all like that. Yes, I have met a few, but on the whole we are all trying to make a living here, and we have also met a few Spanish Sharks as well. We have found that if you find a group of good friends, stick with them, and go by recommendation for your work. that way you cant go wrong. Good luck !
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sueandterry
Unfair to say that the brits rip off other Brits, as we arent all like that.
I wasn't