Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New person needs some help and advise!!

New person needs some help and advise!!

Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New person needs some help and advise!!

As far as im concerned if you have that dream and stand by it, you do your homework thoroughly and consider all consequences good/bad and you still feel happy then do it.

We only have one life so why not live it.

Aslong as you feel and that your hubby feels happy with the situation for now go for it.

You must know the old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" - well in my belief it is. Ive lived it before and it has taken 16 years to get to the third time.

Get it right and you will live a very happy life.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

michelle12933 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whitelinen
A good idea might also be to read the threads in the moving back to the UK section.
Whys that then?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michelle12933
Whys that then?
Don`t take any notice, she lives under a bridge.
Attached Thumbnails New person needs some help and advise!!-troll-spray-atsof-545146_377_603.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paintermujer
As far as im concerned if you have that dream and stand by it, you do your homework thoroughly and consider all consequences good/bad and you still feel happy then do it.

We only have one life so why not live it.

Aslong as you feel and that your hubby feels happy with the situation for now go for it.

You must know the old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" - well in my belief it is. Ive lived it before and it has taken 16 years to get to the third time.

Get it right and you will live a very happy life.
I totally agree with you , i lost a friend of mine to cancer 4 weeks ago, were only 29 and this has given me the kick up the bum i have needed,life is to short to not follow your dreams!! Im not silly and im going to do all my homework on this,hence coming on here!! Thanks for all your help ......
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Ha Ha thanks for letting me know ill remember that!!!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, I am looking at moving over to Spain in the next 6months after thinking about it for many years now!! I have 2 children ages 3 and 7 and my husband!! My husband has a good job in uk so is going to live there in week and come home for long weekends,this will not be the case forever,just for now,so we still have a decent wage coming in,and with the short flights on online check in now its not that bigger deal!! Firstly im looking at the alicante area,has anyone got any views on Alicante? and would it be a nice place to bring up children? could you recomend anywhere? Also are there lots of schools around that area? I have decided to put my 7 yr old straight into spanish school,has anyone had any experience with this? do you think my son is to old to adapt? im a little nervous to say the least,i have no worrys for my 3 yr old! What month do you have to enrol children into school? and what information would i need? When i arrive in spain and i have moved into our new home how do i get my NIE number? is it straight forward enough and is this all i would have to do to live her legally and open a bank account? So sorry for all the questions and any help would be appreciated....Thankyou
hi michelle
I cant help you, i know nothing about the work in Alicante area nor have children, but i just wanted to welcome you
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marisol
hi michelle
I cant help you, i know nothing about the work in Alicante area nor have children, but i just wanted to welcome you
Hello Marisol
Thats very sweet of you thanks,every one has made me feel very welcomed !!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

I totally agree with you , i lost a friend of mine to cancer 4 weeks ago, were only 29 and this has given me the kick up the bum i have needed,life is to short to not follow your dreams!! Im not silly and im going to do all my homework on this,hence coming on here!! Thanks for all your help ......
Yeah good on you girl go for it ,will be tough on you and hubby for awhile and hubby and kids aswell ,believe me I have been doing it for five and a half years now and I still hate leaving home .I find When I am at home in Spain we have more quality time together for the weekend than we had in the UK when we were both working all week .There are some great areas around Alicante but whatever you do have a good look around (we spent almost a year and others on here who still live happily in Spain have done likewise )you will not find your ideal place in weeks or months ,anyway ,wish you all the best in what I think is a well worthwhile move ,I love it .
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice

Yes, I agree withe everyone on here, and wish you all best for your future live's in Spain.

Will, hopefully be following you out soon, (not literally, I'm not that weird!)

PS: Have you looked in the Free Beer thread, there's a wealth of usefull information in there.

Generally find what I need in there, mean that in a good way
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by savateur
Yes, I agree withe everyone on here, and wish you all best for your future live's in Spain.

PS: Have you looked in the Free Beer thread, there's a wealth of usefull information in there.

Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by savateur

Yes i checked it out , loads of usefull information!! Well thanks guys for the chat and i wish you all well !!!!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr

How droll!

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence contemplating such a big upheaval would investigate the pros and cons of such a life changing move.

Many of the cons are often discussed on the other board.

Clear thinking is sooo easy, you should try it sometime
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

How droll!

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence contemplating such a big upheaval would investigate the pros and cons of such a life changing move.

come on my love theres no need to be rude to people is there?

if you dont like what people say on these boards, dont post here!

(and if you dont like Spain, dont live there)

sorry my dear but i dont think calling people on this forum thick will endear them to you!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

How droll!

With your optimism ,I would consider giving the Sams a call ,As Painter Hombre says ,refrain from posting ,with a little luck JDR's troll spray will work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.