British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   new itv (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/new-itv-927703/)

el collado kid Sep 5th 2019 6:35 pm

new itv
 
Hi can any one help.Do the Spanish government send out renewal notice for itv tests as our car is coming up for 4 years old soon.I think your first itv test is after 4 years. also a booking web site many thanks

Fred James Sep 5th 2019 6:45 pm

Re: new itv
 
Why not just put the date in your calendar?

https://itv.com.es/cita-previa

el collado kid Sep 5th 2019 7:03 pm

Re: new itv
 

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 12732149)
Why not just put the date in your calendar?

https://itv.com.es/cita-previa

Thanks Fred yes you are right the the wife has , thanks for the web site the first test is 4 years old. and we now have all the test stations thanks again

Retired in Euskadi Sep 6th 2019 5:52 am

Re: new itv
 
They normally inform you when your test renewal is coming up, unless it's changed. They have also increased the number of checks, and hence the time it takes, which has caused chaos here because they cannot keep up with the number of cars to check, with a waiting list of around 2-3 weeks.

snikpoh Sep 6th 2019 6:57 am

Re: new itv
 

Originally Posted by Retired in Euskadi (Post 12732311)
They normally inform you when your test renewal is coming up, unless it's changed. They have also increased the number of checks, and hence the time it takes, which has caused chaos here because they cannot keep up with the number of cars to check, with a waiting list of around 2-3 weeks.

In 14 years, we've never had one reminder on any of our vehicles.

I suspect it is down to each ITV centre as they are all franchises

el collado kid Sep 6th 2019 7:26 am

Re: new itv
 

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 12732323)
In 14 years, we've never had one reminder on any of our vehicles.

I suspect it is down to each ITV centre as they are all franchises

Hi. yes i think you are right found information online the due date of the test is on your permiso de circulacion .she also read that at the itv stations they will not speak English and are impatient.We don,t relay know never having had a test yet.The car will go to main dealer for a service, we think we will let them get on with it.

el collado kid Sep 6th 2019 10:40 am

Re: new itv
 
Hi all. Every thing sorted we will take the car to nissan benidorm where we bought it. They said it,s a major service this time the first we pay for (loads of euros) and they are a testing station as well .Plus they let us have free courtesy car

Notdunroamin Sep 6th 2019 10:54 am

Re: new itv
 

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12732330)
she also read that at the itv stations they will not speak English and are impatient.

Couldn't be because so many Brits refuse to learn even the rudiments of the language of course ?

Sigh :confused_smile:


el collado kid Sep 6th 2019 11:28 am

Re: new itv
 

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin (Post 12732389)
Couldn't be because so many Brits refuse to learn even the rudiments of the language of course ?

Sigh :confused_smile:

Hi for me my Spanish is mucho poco and i do try but when the Spanish talk to me i just go blank, i,ve said before i,m thick.How ever my wifes is pretty good. The garage said they could do the test while they had the car saves time .I do how ever agree with your point the majority of brits don,t talk Spanish and is a sad reflection on us all.

el collado kid Sep 25th 2019 7:39 am

Re: new itv
 
Hi just to let you all know we had a letter from V.G.T yesterday. A reminder that we needed a itv certificate.It pointed out that it is the law and the fine,s that would be imposed if we broke them and on the reverse of the letter every testing station in Spain.Also the garage who we brought the car with rang to say itv was needed and the first major service was neede which we have to pay for.

el collado kid Oct 11th 2019 7:41 am

Re: new itv
 
Finley got our ITV yesterday after a mix up an confusion with garage. we took the car to benidorm our self's the process is very straight forward the staff are very good indeed
4th year car service 149e with free
itv check itv 50e odd
My only advice is check your garage takes your car to itv station our did not, garages do not have their own testing station. and most important if you do this your self i would check on line for local appointment that suits you this why we went to benidom it was only station with appointment before itv ran out.At the end of the day the process is quite easy and not stressful.We are all set for another 2 years

bfg69bug Oct 14th 2019 3:28 pm

Re: new itv
 
Hey Collado...

I do about 10 ITV´s a month, normally in Malaga Guadalhorce. They are ok with me I guess, because I´m there so often. I´ve been here a while so the Spanish is no issue - some of them do speak english, or at least try to practice with me or sometimes ask me to translate for them when someone doesn´t understand :eek: We are a "parking" service, NOT a garage etc, but we can do extra things - taking the cars to a garage / paint shop / tyre shop / ITV station. There are very few ITV centres, and you normally have to wait at least 2 weeks for an appointment, if you dont want to sit there and wait all day for a slot.

"normal car" = You have the first ITV after 4 years, then every 2 years upto 10 years, then every year after that.

"mixto (berlingo etc)" the same but after 10 years its every 6 months, and normally diesel it can be €50 a time!

We dont get involved with comercial vehicles so I dont know the rules.

teuchterpete Oct 23rd 2019 3:57 pm

Re: new itv
 
Last time I went for an ITV (Nov.. 2017) I was told that I would need to produce an insurance certificate. When I went they were not interested in looking at it. I am going again in a few weeks time, should I take my insurance with me into the office?
Pete

el collado kid Oct 24th 2019 7:09 am

Re: new itv
 
Hi when i went i just took the wallet that is kept in the glovebox and they looked at what they wanted to. I believe you are meant to keep all documents in the car anyhow, and we all know what Spanish authorities are like if you have not got it they will want it.

snikpoh Oct 24th 2019 8:39 am

Re: new itv
 

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12753229)
Hi when i went i just took the wallet that is kept in the glovebox and they looked at what they wanted to. I believe you are meant to keep all documents in the car anyhow, and we all know what Spanish authorities are like if you have not got it they will want it.

In theory, you are not required to carry insurance documents anymore as they are all computerised. However ....

One issue is that some Brits use companies like IBEX which is underwritten by Lloyds and are based in Gibraltar. The problem here is that this insurance does NOT appear on any Spanish database.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:20 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.