Reload this Page >

New Holiday Property Rental Law

New Holiday Property Rental Law

Old Dec 20th 2016, 12:02 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Holiday Property Rental Law

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

I understand that its a few mins work, but I find the system very antiquated, having to go to eg Caja rural on a certain day, between certain hours (like it was before) carrying a bill one has to get from another office..etc.

I've always got a bill sent in the post, that I can pay from anywhere via online banking. For years now ....... until I bought in Spain.

Jon
Hello, this might assist some of you living outside of Spain but with a euro account.
I completed my modelo 210 without solicitor assistance for the first time in November. When you get near the end of the online return you have two choices (see near top of attached) and are asked to choose between "to deposit" (which is where you print the return and go to a bank in Spain). I choose the alternative "Deposit through a financial organisation based abroad" as I am currently back in Ireland and have a Euro account to transfer the tax to Spain.
You need to be careful and fully document your unique tax payment references that are generated on line but this is well explained and you just type the numbers into the payment reference fields on your bank transfer. You can also see on attached that the tax man expects you to list your bank details before you press the button to make the on line tax submission.
I hope this helps some of you.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails New Holiday Property Rental Law-modelo-210-pay-line.gif  
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:58 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maccro
Hello, this might assist some of you living outside of Spain but with a euro account.
I completed my modelo 210 without solicitor assistance for the first time in November. When you get near the end of the online return you have two choices (see near top of attached) and are asked to choose between "to deposit" (which is where you print the return and go to a bank in Spain). I choose the alternative "Deposit through a financial organisation based abroad" as I am currently back in Ireland and have a Euro account to transfer the tax to Spain.
You need to be careful and fully document your unique tax payment references that are generated on line but this is well explained and you just type the numbers into the payment reference fields on your bank transfer. You can also see on attached that the tax man expects you to list your bank details before you press the button to make the on line tax submission.
I hope this helps some of you.
Mike
Thanks Mike,

Really useful info.

They dont make it easy do they! But these tips are really useful thanks

Jon
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify further...

If you are non-resident in Spain and rent out your place for part of the year, you will need to worry about two types of taxes, both filed with Form 210:

1. Tax on the rental income for when the property is rented -- paid quarterly
2. "Imputed" tax for when the property is not rented -- paid yearly.

So you could possibly have to fill out Form 210 five times per year. We are in that exact situation. We rent our place 10 months of the year and use it ourselves the remaining time. I fill out the Form 210 five times per year. And each time its two forms -- one for me and one for my wife!

For rental income, it's pretty straightforward, you pay 24% of the income. I have my own notes on the differences for Form 210, copied here:

For rental income:
type 01
file quarterly - first 20 days after the end of the quarter (1st - 15th for Internet payments)
use Grouping
accrual date blank

For imputed income:
type 02
file annually - before Dec. 31 of the next year
use "valor catastral" (from IBI) -- 1.1 or 2% in box 04
prorate the amount for period of the year when not rented
payer is blank (renter name)
period OA
no Grouping
accrual date 3112yyyy (Dec. 31)

It's not that complicated once you get used to it. It only takes me a few minutes to do each time. I'll also add that we have digital signatures, so I do it all from the comfort of my own computer.

Good luck
- Eric S.

Last edited by Eric S; Dec 23rd 2016 at 6:23 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric S
Just to clarify further...

If you are non-resident in Spain and rent out your place for part of the year, you will need to worry about two types of taxes, both filed with Form 210:

1. Tax on the rental income for when the property is rented -- paid quarterly
2. "Imputed" tax for when the property is not rented -- paid yearly.

So you could possibly have to fill out Form 210 five times per year. We are in that exact situation. We rent our place 10 months of the year and use it ourselves the remaining time. I fill out the Form 210 five times per year. And each time its two forms -- one for me and one for my wife!

For rental income, it's pretty straightforward, you pay 24% of the income. I have my own notes on the differences for Form 210, copied here:

For rental income:
type 01
file quarterly - first 20 days after the end of the quarter (1st - 15th for Internet payments)
use Grouping
accrual date blank

For imputed income:
type 02
file annually - before Dec. 31 of the next year
use "valor catastral" (from IBI) -- 1.1 or 2% in box 04
prorate the amount for period of the year when not rented
payer is blank (renter name)
period OA
no Grouping
accrual date 3112yyyy (Dec. 31)

It's not that complicated once you get used to it. It only takes me a few minutes to do each time. I'll also add that we have digital signatures, so I do it all from the comfort of my own computer.

Good luck
- Eric S.
So just to clafiry, As a non-resident, if I rent my apartment for one week at say 400 euros, the tax payable is 24% of the 400 euros (96 euros) and I declare my rentals quarterly in arrears using Form 210?
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
So just to clafiry, As a non-resident, if I rent my apartment for one week at say 400 euros, the tax payable is 24% of the 400 euros (96 euros) and I declare my rentals quarterly in arrears using Form 210?
Right, you submit the Form 210 in the first 15 or 20 days after the end of the quarter in which you rented it. And if it was only that one time, then just submit the Form 210 at the end of that one quarter.

Then, between Jan 1 and Dec 31 of the following year, you submit another Form 210 for the imputed income for period where it wasn't rented (365 minus 7 days). There is an excellent guide on this bit in the link in post #27 in this thread.

- Eric S.

Last edited by Eric S; Jan 3rd 2017 at 2:08 am.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Hi, we never received an IBI so have always used our original catastral valor. Any idea how we get an update?
Old Sep 24th 2017, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Hi, we never received an IBI so have always used our original catastral valor. Any idea how we get an update?
Catastral values are only updated very rarely it is the rate of tax the council charges that might change which would impact on the IBI. WE HAVE BEEN HERE 10 years and the Catastral value has not changed at all. If they tried to uprate I would appeal for reduction since our values must have halved since we built and there is no sign of improvement at the moment. The Gestorian Tributaria office in Ayamonte will give you a copy of your IBI bill over the counter and that has your value on it. They are opposite BBVA bank round the corner opposite the Hacienda Tax office is the land registry office and they will give you a Nota Simple for your property which again should have all the info you want on it.