Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New EU travel proposals

New EU travel proposals

Old Jun 6th 2021, 8:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New EU travel proposals

Things may be looking up.

Though data is still not 100% in.... A couple of weeks ago, the scientists said that the link between the virus and death had been broken.Step 1

Yesterday they said that (its likely) that the link between the virus (and variants) and serious illness has also been (probably) broken. Step 2.

For vax2s

Add to that, that we are already seeing countries opening up to vax2's, EU digital certificates in July, for 'free movement.'.. and every day more and more people are being vaccinated in large numbers.

Though variants are a huge worry....... Dare I say it... ? The tea-leaves are looking good !!

Jon.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 6th 2021 at 8:53 am.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI.
As of Monday, Spain requires a diagnostic test, certificate of recovery or immunisation to enter the country by air, sea and land from those countries included in the Ministry of Health's risk list, which includes Portugal.
In a nutshell, Portugal say it is unfair to apply this to road transport and say Spain is in a worse epidemiological situation than Portugal. Portugal has threatened to reciprocate identical measures if they are not removed.

This came from a youtube channel which reports on all things Spanish.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 2:16 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boatwench
Yes they do call your mobile unless you give a landline on your form. However you are made aware that if you are not quarantining there is a chance of fines. So far we have not had any visit, but know people that have, just to check. Its a pain, but better than the fine!
Do you know what happens if you do not answer your phone?
Old Jun 9th 2021, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

For Scotland, I think they will try you a couple of time, even email if you gave details, after that they pass your details to the police and you get a visit to your door.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 3:55 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I had this surprising message from my travel agent.... You can see their frustration here. For 'superior' read 'better'

Jon

Are we following the Data? It appears not

How many Border Force Officials does it take to process a fully immunised British subject returning from a country with no worse infection rates than the UK?

Just the same as an unvaccinated passenger coming in from almost anywhere.

Separate channels are needed in the name of reason to respect immunisation. The vaccine has proved a game changer, not to be denied.

Old Jun 9th 2021, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Heathrow eventually opened terminal 3 last week to take the passengers from red list countries. A case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted. If there is one thing the UK government have been consistent with is doing everything too late. A classic case of the definition of stupidity.
Mary.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

A number of travel agents have quoted and compared infection rates and drawn conclusions demonstrating why they aren’t experts in understanding statistical data. What they fail to understand is that taking a single figure and not taking account of the trends has no merit at all. It would seem that their motive is more driven by money than the safety of the public. They also don’t seem to understand that being singly or doubly vaccinated does not prevent people getting or spreading the virus and in some cases regretfully dying.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 5:48 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rspltd
A number of travel agents have quoted and compared infection rates and drawn conclusions demonstrating why they aren’t experts in understanding statistical data. What they fail to understand is that taking a single figure and not taking account of the trends has no merit at all. It would seem that their motive is more driven by money than the safety of the public. They also don’t seem to understand that being singly or doubly vaccinated does not prevent people getting or spreading the virus and in some cases regretfully dying.
I would agree travel agents and many others, like Matt Hankock, are driven by greed.
As far as I know: The risk of infection post vaccinationX2 is much lower. I am not aware of any deaths attributed to covid post vaccinationX2.

Last edited by missile; Jun 26th 2021 at 5:52 am.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 7:27 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by missile
I would agree travel agents and many others, like Matt Hankock, are driven by greed.
As far as I know: The risk of infection post vaccinationX2 is much lower. I am not aware of any deaths attributed to covid post vaccinationX2.
We have to assume that fully vaccinated people, whilst much safer/protected themselves, may still carry and hence spread the virus.

We were told a while back that the scientists will have hard evidence as to whether being vaccinated means that we carry less of it or the same. Either way as more get vaccinated the virus has less impact on the population. Hopefully the evidence will be available soon. To help with e.g travel plans.

In India people have died of the delta variant after jab2.

Jon
Old Jun 26th 2021, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Will Matt Hancock survive the weekend in his Government position? It will be interesting to see.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 7:38 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Will Matt Hancock survive the weekend in his Government position? It will be interesting to see.
Which 'position' are you referring to ? My inbox is full of Hancock jokes!

Glad to hear you arrived safely. We had orange alerts and storms all the way down and the weirdest weather! From super hot and (pre-storm) humidity on day 1(very uncomfortable.) To being cold and soaked through on day 2, with 18centigrade difference in a day!

But the toll badge I mentioned on another thread worked a treat! We drove straight through the tolls in France and Spain and I have every confidence that it will also work in Portugal (and Italy).

Also after 15 months of zero usage, I was pleasantly surprised that Priinets internet works great.

Have fun!

Jon
Old Jun 26th 2021, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Which 'position' are you referring to ? My inbox is full of Hancock jokes!

Glad to hear you arrived safely. We had orange alerts and storms all the way down and the weirdest weather! From super hot and (pre-storm) humidity on day 1(very uncomfortable.) To being cold and soaked through on day 2, with 18centigrade difference in a day!

But the toll badge I mentioned on another thread worked a treat! We drove straight through the tolls in France and Spain and I have every confidence that it will also work in Portugal (and Italy).

Also after 15 months of zero usage, I was pleasantly surprised that Priinets internet works great.

Have fun!

Jon
Lol, comedians up and down the country will be having a field day with this one.

Thanks, our flight had I reckon about a dozen people on it , very quick and seamless through Faro airport and car collection. Hopefully you enjoyed your drive down regardless of the weather and managed to try the restaurants you mentioned before. In Scotland we are used to experiencing four season in one day, with the numbers generally having a minus sign in front of them.

The toll badge sounds like a good thing if you are travelling through different countries. Regarding Priinet - you seem to be better than us, as we do seem to suffer short outages and having to reset the internet connection.

Weather is lovely here now after the cloudy and colder days when we first got here. You have arrived at a nice time now, enjoy your long awaited time here.

Mary.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 7:59 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We have to assume that fully vaccinated people, whilst much safer/protected themselves, may still carry and hence spread the virus.

We were told a while back that the scientists will have hard evidence as to whether being vaccinated means that we carry less of it or the same. Either way as more get vaccinated the virus has less impact on the population. Hopefully the evidence will be available soon. To help with e.g travel plans.

In India people have died of the delta variant after jab2.

Jon
Just like any other virus. I am told it is possible but much less likely for those who have been vaccinatedX2 to become infected or carry and spread this virus.
I had not heard this. Do you have a link to those Inian deaths?
Old Jun 26th 2021, 8:07 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Matt Hancock has been caught:
  • Lying
  • Cheating
  • Profiteering from Covid
Makes him the ideal candidate to replace BoJo.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Just like any other virus. I am told it is possible but much less likely for those who have been vaccinatedX2 to become infected or carry and spread this virus.
I had not heard this. Do you have a link to those Inian deaths?
So what you are writing is hearsay?

The vaccine does not protect against catching it, just the severity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.