New comer :)

Old Apr 24th 2016, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Jimmishel96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New comer :)

Hello,
Well hubby and I may have found a forever home nr La Rabita, it's currently owned by a Brit, if we purchase on our visit in May ekkkk, can we purchase via British rules or Spanish sounds such a stupid question now!
Also if anyone knows about the area can you let me know please.
And I know... I know..... Any good Christian churches within that area, currently attending a kinda Pentecostal church. Thanks for your help in advance
Shelli
Old Apr 24th 2016, 3:11 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New comer :)

Originally Posted by Jimmishel96
Hello,
Well hubby and I may have found a forever home nr La Rabita, it's currently owned by a Brit, if we purchase on our visit in May ekkkk, can we purchase via British rules or Spanish sounds such a stupid question now!
And I know... I know..... Any good Christian churches within that area, currently attending a kinda Pentecostal church. Thanks for your help in advance
Shelli

Not quite sure what you mean by "British rules or Spanish".

What you must do is to pay all the necessary admin costs here and you must pay all the Spanish taxes (of course).

However, there's nothing to stop you paying in sterling if both parties agree.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi, aww thank you, doing lots of research, was just wondering if we could use British lawyers etc over here (uk) etc, to be honest I'm not sure either hehehe
But thank you for the reply.
Shelli
Old Apr 24th 2016, 4:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Shelli
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 24th 2016, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you mean La Rábita on Costa Tropical? being predominantly a Catholic country you seriously wont have problems re a church, in fact La Rábita does actually have one lol.

I live in Albuñol just north of there, if you are around on a Sunday come and find us at the chirinquito near the fountain about 11 30am, meet a few locals

Last edited by pwwm; Apr 24th 2016 at 5:30 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary, so lovely to hear from you, we don't follow the Catholic Church, we are those happy clappy type lol bit like Church of England but a little more boisterous. I'm sure a Sunday will be ace unless we find a church we may be at a service and only in spain for one of the weekends, we are viewing homes in that area I think on the Monday 23rd, so if you know of a cafe we could meet for a chat, that will be ace. Let me know what you think, hubby 64, me 51.
Regards
Shelli
I'm not sure how to reply oh gee, so I've deleted the last message and re wrote so I've lost the details you gave me earlier
Old Apr 24th 2016, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Added to that Rosemary, we have a few viewings in Albuñol I think my favourite is between la Rabita and Albuñol, so this is perfect, and the very first person to makes links with me is from Albuñol wow... we only know Nerja hubby fell n love with that area but it's out of our price range, and then I found Costa Tropical and I fell for this area, so any local knowledge will be wonderful. Shelli
Old Apr 24th 2016, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Added to that Rosemary, we have a few viewings in Albuñol I think my favourite is between la Rabita and Albuñol, so this is perfect, and the very first person to makes links with me is from Albuñol wow... we only know Nerja hubby fell n love with that area but it's out of our price range, and then I found Costa Tropical and I fell for this area, so any local knowledge will be wonderful. Shelli

ask away or pm me, we have lived here nearly 13 years, do not expect a lot of English spoken, anyway ask away

got couple of bars we could meet, one in Albuñol and the other overlooking the sea in La Rábita, my favourite bar. Rincon de Guillermo

Last edited by pwwm; Apr 24th 2016 at 7:12 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pwwm
ask away or pm me, we have lived here nearly 13 years, do not expect a lot of English spoken, anyway ask away

got couple of bars we could meet, one in Albuñol and the other overlooking the sea in La Rábita, my favourite bar. Rincon de Guillermo
Hi wonderful Rosemary, any at all as I have never been in the area, so perfect thank you so much, I don't speak Spanish so I gotta learn quick lol, I'm trying a few apps on the iPad today I learned the words for apples bread and water lol, I'm sure we could live on that for a while... Umm
How do I pm you?
Old Apr 24th 2016, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi wonderful Rosemary, any at all as I have never been in the area, so perfect thank you so much, I don't speak Spanish so I gotta learn quick lol, I'm trying a few apps on the iPad today I learned the words for apples bread and water lol, I'm sure we could live on that for a while... Umm
How do I pm you?
Hi your not Rosemary are you lol your Pwww oh dear feel like I'm making a right hash of this.
Shelli
Old Apr 24th 2016, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi hover over my name click on private message from the drop down menú, then write in the box. I have sent you a message.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, aww thank you, doing lots of research, was just wondering if we could use British lawyers etc over here (uk) etc, to be honest I'm not sure either hehehe
But thank you for the reply.
Shelli
Why would you want to use a British lawyer who is unlikely to be familiar with Spanish law? Would you use a Spanish lawyer for a property purchase in the UK?
Old Apr 25th 2016, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

@Jimmishel96

perhaps just use an English speaking lawyer?