Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Claims for Disability Living Allowance

New Claims for Disability Living Allowance

Old May 28th 2010, 8:06 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Claims for Disability Living Allowance

Originally Posted by crustycrab
.......and as you seem so interested I will tell you why I am The DWP said it was fine to export my IB, if your upset about this, tell them, not me. It´s not illegal.

Thats a little bit sharp when someone is simply trying to understand your situation. You do have a tendancy to attack a little too often and ultimately it will be that which will put people off trying to offer you advice here (it certainly has me). But more importantly, it may put off the people who have the ability to actually help you!!

Jo xx
Old May 28th 2010, 8:07 am
Banned

crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dunmovin
no I am not claiming any benefits whatsoever from the UK I am not of pensionable age yet. I don't work as I can afford not to having, made my money working in the far east for over a decade.(during which time I still paid my NI contributions in the UK)I am not seeking work, therefore don't claim anything. I put money into the UK economy by basing my banking and investments, both of which are taxable, there and paying into the NI system. Where I spend the money I EARNED, is my choice.

I did not say what you are doing is illegal, I asked fpor clarification of your situation and intentions.

As you might gues from my tone, I am sceptical of you ever wanting to work again.Surely your use of a computer shows that you have employable skills,your communication skills are not lacking, so what hinders you from seeking gainful employment?
Whoes to say that I don´t have any hands and am blind and my carer is typing this message for me.
Old May 28th 2010, 8:09 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Enough please! Lets all just keep to the subject
Old May 28th 2010, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm done... the op's answer was enough for me to form an opinion
Old May 28th 2010, 8:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dunmovin
I'm done... the op's answer was enough for me to form an opinion
Yes I too have formed my own opinion. If you can´t stick to the subject then yes.......you are done.
Old May 28th 2010, 8:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
This really is not the site for me. As soon as I put on a message I get attacked from all sides.

How do I delete my account.

I will go back to the site that are of help and do not try to undermine everything you say. They are genuine people who have problems of their own and stories to tell, and not once have I come accross any replies as harsh and unpleasent as here. I know this is an open forum and people can say what they want. But so is the ConsumerAdvice site and the people who post on there do not take every opportunity to shoot people down.
Old May 28th 2010, 9:14 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

This really is not the site for me. As soon as I put on a message I get attacked from all sides.

How do I delete my account.

I will go back to the site that are of help and do not try to undermine everything you say. They are genuine people who have problems of their own and stories to tell, and not once have I come accross any replies as harsh and unpleasent as here. I know this is an open forum and people can say what they want. But so is the ConsumerAdvice site and the people who post on there do not take every opportunity to shoot people down.
You're having a go at me for asking people to keep to subject?

If you take time to look, they are actually trying to establish your situation, as you cant give advice without it. However you are asking about a subject that is very specific and not all people will know the answer. Many many people over the years here have gained valuable advice and useful information.

Best you pm me if you want to discuss further, dont discuss on the forum.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:44 am
Banned

DLA interim submission is now with Tribunal.
This has been kindly prepared from start to finish by
Mr David R. Burrage, I could not have found anyone more qualified and knowledgable.
He has produced a "master-piece".

Last edited by crustycrab; Jun 30th 2010 at 8:14 am.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you are claiming your old age Pension from the UK. Would you not like to go back to the UK to live and spend your pension on British goods rather than on Spanish, thus helping out the UK Economy?
Seems an odd statement when you want the UK government to pay you money to spend in Spain.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by agoreira
Seems an odd statement when you want the UK government to pay you money to spend in Spain.
Fair point But when one has paid Tax and N.I into the UK system and wishes to move that is called "Free Movement". DLA is based on N.I contributions. And it is everyones right to live where they want.

The quote you have refered to is "old news" now and things have moved on.

Thank you for your reply anyway.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:25 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that the goverment are really clamping down on folks that are claiming benefits due to health issues.

I think that the date has been brought forward and this will start pretty soon, the assessments and such.

The whole system needs reveiwing and sorting out.

I also think that there will be a backlash from the UK against people living abroad where criteria has to be met to receive payments. ie incapacity benefit, not pensions of course.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JLFS
It seems that the goverment are really clamping down on folks that are claiming benefits due to health issues.

I think that the date has been brought forward and this will start pretty soon, the assessments and such.

The whole system needs reveiwing and sorting out.

I also think that there will be a backlash from the UK against people living abroad where criteria has to be met to receive payments. ie incapacity benefit, not pensions of course.
This "chunk" has been taken from a recent meeting in Brussels.

Social security: EU takes action to guarantee care benefits for Britons abroad
The European Commission has sent a formal request to the United Kingdom to pay care benefits to Britons – often pensioners – residing abroad in accordance with its obligations under EU law. Under EU rules, Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance and Carer's Allowance are considered 'sickness cash benefits', which UK citizens resident in another EU country are also entitled to receive. The UK authorities now have two months to respond to the request, which takes the form of a 'reasoned opinion' under EU infringement procedures. In the absence of a satisfactory response from the UK authorities, the Commission may refer the matter to the EU's Court of Justice.
The right to live and work in any other European country is a fundamental right of the EU. As part of this, the EU guarantees people the right to social security coverage if they move elsewhere in Europe
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:42 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

This "chunk" has been taken from a recent meeting in Brussels.

Social security: EU takes action to guarantee care benefits for Britons abroad
The European Commission has sent a formal request to the United Kingdom to pay care benefits to Britons – often pensioners – residing abroad in accordance with its obligations under EU law. Under EU rules, Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance and Carer's Allowance are considered 'sickness cash benefits', which UK citizens resident in another EU country are also entitled to receive. The UK authorities now have two months to respond to the request, which takes the form of a 'reasoned opinion' under EU infringement procedures. In the absence of a satisfactory response from the UK authorities, the Commission may refer the matter to the EU's Court of Justice.
The right to live and work in any other European country is a fundamental right of the EU. As part of this, the EU guarantees people the right to social security coverage if they move elsewhere in Europe
As I understand that was the case, but I may be wrong, since the new coilition got in they plan to cut the number of "sickness cash benefits" that they are presently paying out.

It is claimed that they will cut the SCBs and make the claimants go to jobseekers, even if there are no jobs for them to go to.

The idea is that money will be saved as jobseekers is less and other benefits can also be taken away where the person is declared fit for work.

If claimants abroad are shifted onto JSa they will have to move back to the UK and at least give the impression of looking for work.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:55 am
Banned

As I understand that was the case, but I may be wrong, since the new coilition got in they plan to cut the number of "sickness cash benefits" that they are presently paying out.

It is claimed that they will cut the SCBs and make the claimants go to jobseekers, even if there are no jobs for them to go to.

The idea is that money will be saved as jobseekers is less and other benefits can also be taken away where the person is declared fit for work.

If claimants abroad are shifted onto JSa they will have to move back to the UK and at least give the impression of looking for work.
Having to return to UK is simply not the case. It is simply a very unrealistic option that people who have moved to Spain should have to up-sticks, leave their home, take their children out of school, find a place to live in UK so they can look like they are looking for work. The UK economy will be worse off because they will then be paying for HB, CT and everything else that goes with it. I do not know everything that someone would be entitled to if they moved back to the UK, but I am sure it will costs a lot more than if the person stayed in the country of their choice.

As regards to Incapacity Benefit my review is due at end July/Beginning of August. A form will be sent to my doctor here in Spain and sent back to DWP doctor. If more medical evidence is needed "and I am sure it won´t, as there is over-whelming evidence on my side, then a form will be sent to me. If still not satisfied then I will see a DWP appointed doctor here in Spain. But my legal advisor does not think it will come to that.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

I read also that all existing claims are to be re-assessed which will involve a visit to an independent doctor which will hopefully weed out whole tranches of people currently receiving these benefits leaving the truly sick and disabled as the only ones to be supported.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.