Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Claims for Disability Living Allowance

New Claims for Disability Living Allowance

Old May 27th 2010, 8:00 pm
Banned

crustycrab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Claims for Disability Living Allowance

I emailed the Exportability Dept 2 days ago and insisted that they forward my DLA claim to Tribunal NOW, as I would not accept any further excuses as to why the DM still had it. AND LOW AND BEHOLD, I phoned them this afternoon and was told that my claim was now with the Reproduction department and was, at this very minute, being duplicated, prepared and wrapped up in pretty pink ribbon to be sent to all relevant parties. Was is devine intervention or the lucky chicken wish-bone I saved from last nights dinner.

Mine, unfortunately will have to be a paper appeal, but believe me, if I could be there I would, but I have an extreme fear of travelling an unfortunate side effect from my illness (my kids are not very sympathetic as they want to go to Disney Land, and even if I could afford it, there is no way I would fly there and I´m not a strong swimmer and scared of sharks). Anyway I am deviating. I don´t have anyone to represent me, and to tell you the truth, I don´t think I would want anyone to be there without me. And I have yet to find my doppleganger. I will let the appeal and evidence I have carefully prepared speak for itself.

I did ask the Tribunal office if they could arrange a video-link or conference call for my hearing and was told that these methods are normally only used for "internal affairs" (I mean work-related, not the other ). But Tribunal did say to ask on my form if this would be possible, so I will have to wait and see. I am becoming at expert in WAITING, I should be awarded a Masters Degree.

I think many a DWP/DLA worker has gone "on the sick" with stress related illness, and I think it may be because of me. They have probably also developed a phobia when told I am on the phone AGAIN and turn into shrivalling wrecks and play "bagsy" on who will get an ear bashing this time. And cancelled all holidays to Spain!

"FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT WITH ALL THY MIGHT".
(was that a quote by Muhumid Ali (spelt it wrong I think).

Anyway, in a perveted sort of way, I don´t care if I win anymore. Yes it would be nice, but I really want to concentrate my efforts on getting back the "bad, but used to it health", rather than "want to jump of a bridge with an Atos worker tied round my ankle singing Dixie" kind of feeling
Old May 27th 2010, 8:53 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Try mailing Ian Duncan Smith, he is the one who is going to sort the benefits system out
Old May 27th 2010, 8:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Try mailing Ian Duncan Smith, he is the one who is going to sort the benefits system out
And he don`t seem too happy.
Old May 27th 2010, 9:01 pm
Banned

I think I will wait for the outcome of the hearing and if I lose then take up your suggestion. He will get sick of me contacting him as well.

Good, maybe he will resign and retire, but hopefully not to Spain
Old May 27th 2010, 9:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
And he don`t seem too happy.
Does he ever, you could put a feather up his a.....se and he wouldn´t crack a smile
Old May 27th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

He's made a start according to press releases this week.

"All incapacity benefit claimants are to be reassessed to check if they can do at least some work. If so they will be placed on the job seekers allowance".
Old May 28th 2010, 4:59 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crustycrab
I think I will wait for the outcome of the hearing and if I lose then take up your suggestion. He will get sick of me contacting him as well.

Good, maybe he will resign and retire, but hopefully not to Spain
It "will" pay you to attend the tribunal as those who attend have a much higher chance of success, or have a knowledgeable person represent you.
Old May 28th 2010, 5:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by playamonte
It "will" pay you to attend the tribunal as those who attend have a much higher chance of success, or have a knowledgeable person represent you.
I really wish I could go, but there is absoultely no way I am can travel on a plane, train or automobile from Spain.

I have asked for a video-link or at least a conference call. I know this is not as good as actually being there, but this is my only choice.

I would like to be able to ask someone to go on my behalf but I don´t know who could go.

I have been in contact with the CAB where I used to live at the beginning of this process, maybe I could email and ask them.
Old May 28th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

I really wish I could go, but there is absoultely no way I am can travel on a plane, train or automobile from Spain.

I have asked for a video-link or at least a conference call. I know this is not as good as actually being there, but this is my only choice.

I would like to be able to ask someone to go on my behalf but I don´t know who could go.

I have been in contact with the CAB where I used to live at the beginning of this process, maybe I could email and ask them.
how did you get here?
Old May 28th 2010, 6:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dunmovin
how did you get here?
Sedated sitting next to a private doctor who I had to pay to fly with me.
Old May 28th 2010, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

Actually,I need some enlightenment on this situation. You live in Spain and are claiming benefits for not being able to work in UK, You can't go back to defend your claim, but you did manage to get here. Your condition says you can't find work in the UK,so you move to Spain where the chances of finding work decrease dramatically(some people would say that shows you have no intention of coming off benefits for the rest of your life and have no intention of seeking work that would facilitate you coming off benefits)

You are forty something, you intend to claim benefits up to you are pensionable age, then get a state pension.Am I right so far?
Old May 28th 2010, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sedated sitting next to a private doctor who I had to pay to fly with me.
then you can do that again to go back and defend your claim
Old May 28th 2010, 7:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dunmovin
Actually,I need some enlightenment on this situation. You live in Spain and are claiming benefits for not being able to work in UK, You can't go back to defend your claim, but you did manage to get here. Your condition says you can't find work in the UK,so you move to Spain where the chances of finding work decrease dramatically(some people would say that shows you have no intention of coming off benefits for the rest of your life and have no intention of seeking work that would facilitate you coming off benefits)

You are forty something, you intend to claim benefits up to you are pensionable age, then get a state pension.Am I right so far?
Actually, no you are totally off the mark , and as you seem so interested I will tell you why I am living in Spain. I have worked from the day I left school. Then when I became ill could not work and claimed IB (1996). I have two young children and was married. In 2004 my ex husband moved to Spain with my two children I could not go because it was decided that I was not well enough to look after them so I lived with my parents. In 2006 it was decided that I could move to Spain with the help from my carer and my children would live with me. The DWP said it was fine to export my IB, if your upset about this, tell them, not me. It´s not illegal.

I am not able to work due to my illness, be it in Spain, UK, India or Mars.

I missed my children so moved to Spain to be with them. (I do believe I answered your question as to how I got here). I now have a Private doctor and Psychatrist who are helping me to manage my illness. Also my parents have moved near to me to lend a hand.

I wish I could work as a man with no legs wished he could walk.
Old May 28th 2010, 7:34 am
Banned

I assume you are claiming your old age Pension from the UK. Would you not like to go back to the UK to live and spend your pension on British goods rather than on Spanish, thus helping out the UK Economy?
Old May 28th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

I assume you are claiming your old age Pension from the UK. Would you not like to go back to the UK to live and spend your pension on British goods rather than on Spanish, thus helping out the UK Economy?
no I am not claiming any benefits whatsoever from the UK I am not of pensionable age yet. I don't work as I can afford not to having, made my money working in the far east for over a decade.(during which time I still paid my NI contributions in the UK)I am not seeking work, therefore don't claim anything. I put money into the UK economy by basing my banking and investments, both of which are taxable, there and paying into the NI system. Where I spend the money I EARNED, is my choice.

I did not say what you are doing is illegal, I asked fpor clarification of your situation and intentions.

As you might gues from my tone, I am sceptical of you ever wanting to work again.Surely your use of a computer shows that you have employable skills,your communication skills are not lacking, so what hinders you from seeking gainful employment?

Last edited by dunmovin; May 28th 2010 at 8:02 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.