Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New car prices, spain/uk

New car prices, spain/uk

Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default New car prices, spain/uk

Every car importers website I have taken a look at in Spain seems to give you lists of endless options to choose from, but never a final price that you would expect to pay.

I am wanting to comare new car prices like for like between the UK and Spain, anyone know of an easy way to do it?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New car prices, spain/uk

None of the new cars, around here at least, have prices on the windows. So if you want to know how much then you have to go in to the show room.

I regret to say that it is quite likely that if you go into a showroom yourself then you are unlikely to get such a good price as if a Spaniard went in. I've never bought a new car, but if I did I'd be talking a Spaniard with me to negotiate the price, and until the question of payment came up the salesman would be thinking that "my helper" was the purchaser.

As I said, I never buy new cars but I have been told that new compares favourably over here (although you can't generalise). Second hand are more expensive
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it certainly could be a minefield for a non Spaniard, thats why I was hoping to see some online prices before taking the plunge! looking at either a Citroen C4 Picasso or an Opel Zafira, both are around the size we want. We also need the option of buying a used (cheap) pickup truck for the agricultural stuff we need that I don't want to put into a brand new car!

Saw a fantastically ugly pick up called a TATA, it was about the size of a kids dinky toy, which would do just the job, don't know where on Gods planet I'd find one though!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Every car importers website I have taken a look at in Spain seems to give you lists of endless options to choose from, but never a final price that you would expect to pay.

I am wanting to comare new car prices like for like between the UK and Spain, anyone know of an easy way to do it?
There are broker-like sites, but once they've quoted they then end up giving you the contact details of the relevant dealer who 'should' be able to match that price. That dealer could be 400kms away!

We found that the Ford dealer in Elche had a Brit working there, and last November was offered a new Focus '08 model with 21% discount off list (cheaper than many of the second hand models on the forecourt).

In the end, though, we bought two older second hand cars. New cars don't stay new for long in this part of Spain
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:10 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a fantastically ugly pick up called a TATA, it was about the size of a kids dinky toy, which would do just the job, don't know where on Gods planet I'd find one though!

Try their website at http://www.tatamotors.es/dev/

They are the Indian company that is (allegedly) buying Landrover and Jaguar.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:35 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

I bought a Citroen C4 coupe brand new for 13,995.00 Euros in Citroen in Malaga, my wife did the deal as she is Spanish.

The same model in the UK was £10,995.00.

At the time the C4 was advertised Nationally at base model 9,995.00 Euros with the price written, both in the dealers and the newspapers.

When you enter the dealers though, you tell them the model, then they give you all the options for SAT NAV, alloys, paint, leather, MP3, in built phone etc etc.

So getting a final price can be difficult to compare like for like.

In my search though I found the price in Euros the same as in pounds when converted.

But I only bought new because the second hand market is crap in Spain, I was quoted a 5 yr old citroen for 3,000 less than a new C4.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that url Fred, I thought it must be the same company that is in the headlines lately, over here its the new 600cc town car they have just produced.

Twyntub I realise that new cars don't stay new for long! Our last rental was a Focus estate, almost new, 1500k's on the clock, it went back with a bent wing and mark right down the nearside, curteousy of Ikea's carpark! But as Lee says. the price of nearly new and all the inherent problems with purchase, you may as well buy the new model with warranty.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

In Spain most of the new car discounts are special deals set up by the manufacturer rather that discounts off the bottom line profit as in the UK where the dealers starting profit is much higher so it is more negotiable - no one ever pays list price!

Most of the manufacturers have pretty good websites in Spain which show the deals and some have very good configurators where you can spec the car and get the price.

When I bought my first car in Spain I did all the configuration on the Internet and printed out the spec and took it to the dealer.

If you look in the Spanish car price guides they show the current deals by make.

Lee8 got a good deal with Citroen because they always seem to have very good deals!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:02 pm
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

But as Lee says. the price of nearly new and all the inherent problems with purchase, you may as well buy the new model with warranty.

NOOOOOOOOOO STOOOOOOOOP:eek :

Don`t ever buy new in Spain.

I sold the C4 after it got hit a abused by Spaniards who couldn`t give a crap about hit it.

It was scratched days after I picked it up.

I spent 2,000 Euros on a Fiat Brava, 10 years old and safe but well dented and scratched.

Your new car will be worth money, but nobody will buy it until its really old.

I`d rather have the cash in the Bank.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

the price of nearly new and all the inherent problems with purchase, you may as well buy the new model with warranty.
The mileage we do here means that the focus would have been out of warranty within the first year. Check this - most manufacturers warranties are 2yr max vs 3yrs in the UK, and often have km limits. Spain is a big country...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
NOOOOOOOOOO STOOOOOOOOP:eek :

Don`t ever buy new in Spain.

I sold the C4 after it got hit a abused by Spaniards who couldn`t give a crap about hit it.

It was scratched days after I picked it up.

I spent 2,000 Euros on a Fiat Brava, 10 years old and safe but well dented and scratched.

Your new car will be worth money, but nobody will buy it until its really old.

I`d rather have the cash in the Bank.
Thats cos people knew you owned it matey and decided to get their own back!

Can we risk taking advice on car prices from one that thinks pensioners are better off now than they were a few months back with the current rate of exchange change
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can we risk taking advice on car prices from one that thinks pensioners are better off now than they were a few months back with the current rate of exchange change

Come on I never said they were better off from last year, please that was a miss quote by another poster you read.

I stated that there 100 pounds gives them 136 euros and there still benfiting.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

They've just announced the "world's cheapest car" at under £1,300.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7180396.stm

Saw a couple of Tata's at a shopping centre in Elche. The ripples in the paintwork and various construction issues suggested a 4x4 that probably wouldn't last long on Spanish roads let alone India!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by twyntub

Saw a couple of Tata's at a shopping centre in Elche. The ripples in the paintwork and various construction issues suggested a 4x4 that probably wouldn't last long on Spanish roads let alone India!
There popular in the south, they use Peugot engines in there 4x4`s.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
When I bought my first car in Spain I did all the configuration on the Internet and printed out the spec and took it to the dealer.
tried this at Nissan recently but the local dealer couldnt/wouldnt match the internet price he told us to contact Nissan, even though we were standing IN Nissan at the time !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.