New car

Old Mar 31st 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default New car

Perhaps people already know this, but a few of the UK importers still run export departments.
I don't know if I am allowed to mention the name, but I have found one who will supply L/H drive car at UK list price - MINUS VAT etc. For export only, only new cars, and must be exported within 60 days.
If anyone is interested PM me
Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New car

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Perhaps people already know this, but a few of the UK importers still run export departments.
I don't know if I am allowed to mention the name, but I have found one who will supply L/H drive car at UK list price - MINUS VAT etc. For export only, only new cars, and must be exported within 60 days.
Yes but you will have to pay the VAT at 16.5% on import into Spain so will it really be that much of a saving?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New car

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes but you will have to pay the VAT at 16.5% on import into Spain so will it really be that much of a saving?
Took the words out of my mouth
Will they still have to pay import registration tax as well? presume it would still cost €600+ to matriculate to Spanish plates also
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes absolutely - I think you do pay both VAT and import duty. But the base price in the UK is much lower. So there is a capital saving, and then the import duty and the VAT saving are levied on that lower amount too

These are the base price, VAT, total, and then on the road price
2.0D S £16,160.87 £2,424.13 £18,585.00 £19,305.00
And this is the price for the same model on the company's spanish website

V50 2.0D (136 cv)

A partir de 27.815 €
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I imagine it is as result of the collapse in sterling, or rise in the Euro. The company told me (but they would that prices are going to be adjusted soon. But they are obliged under EU law to offer this they say, which is why many are making i difficult to protect their margins in other countries I imagine
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes absolutely - I think you do pay both VAT and import duty. But the base price in the UK is much lower. So there is a capital saving, and then the import duty and the VAT saving are levied on that lower amount too

These are the base price, VAT, total, and then on the road price
2.0D S £16,160.87 £2,424.13 £18,585.00 £19,305.00
And this is the price for the same model on the company's spanish website

V50 2.0D (136 cv)

A partir de 27.815 €
Wow!
I guess the main only other thing to consider then is the warranty europewide
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Took the words out of my mouth
Will they still have to pay import registration tax as well? presume it would still cost €600+ to matriculate to Spanish plates also
At 4.75% of the new price in Spain it would be nearer €1300

Although you still pay the same amount on a car bought in Spain the tax is included in the OTR price.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

A bit more info. It seems to be standard. Most manufacturers should offer it, but some cannot be a*sed.

Need to read notice 728 on HMRC website.

Need to fill out VAT form 411

Need UK address but it can be anybodys -even the dealers!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:43 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

New car ehhh Biggles you must be diggin the Garden for those non ferrous metals you buried back in your trading days.... Nice white van with windows......Best not show out too much
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
At 4.75% of the new price in Spain it would be nearer €1300

Although you still pay the same amount on a car bought in Spain the tax is included in the OTR price.
I seem to remember you can buy a Vat free car and register it in UK prior to export (it has a No plate with a thin red line round it) then you have 11mths to export it before they come after you for Vat. You could then keep it in UK for the 6mths ownership period and only have the Vat in Spain to pay.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:11 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

This is absolutely pointless as not only do you have to pay the IVA/First registration tax but you will have get it to Spain in the first place which is difficult on an UNREGISTERED vehicle.

When you can walk into any franchise dealer in your home country (Spain for example) and they will offer you anything including large discounts or added extras as there are THOUSANDS of completed cars sitting in the manufacturers storage throughout Europe which are all on the dealer network at reduced prices so they can get shot of them.

Thanks for the info though but a bit pointless in this day and age and yes as someone did point out if the exchange rate stays like this for much longer than UK prices will be adjusted accordingly.

Last edited by zel; Mar 31st 2009 at 4:20 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wow!
I guess the main only other thing to consider then is the warranty europewide
It has to be euro law but normally restricted to 12mths it seems in the uk the extra years 2,3 4, 5 or six is a manufacturer/dealer thing.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:16 pm
zel

I seem to remember you can buy a Vat free car and register it in UK prior to export (it has a No plate with a thin red line round it) then you have 11mths to export it before they come after you for Vat. You could then keep it in UK for the 6mths ownership period and only have the Vat in Spain to pay.
Incorrect I'm afraid and when you register a brand new vehicle in any EU country it can only be done ONCE you have paid the local tax on it.

However, you are able to reclaim it back once you have exported and THEN prove to the UK GOV that it has been registered abroad.

Last edited by zel; Mar 31st 2009 at 4:30 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:22 pm
zel

It has to be euro law but normally restricted to 12mths it seems in the uk the extra years 2,3 4, 5 or six is a manufacturer/dealer thing.
They would get 2 years EU warranty on most European marques.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

brobert is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,bigglesworth.ive been thinking about buying new in the uk and registering here in spain.one dealer said theywould supply LHD versions but have not got back to with a price.could you pm me please with the dealer you have.

also has anybody bought a LHD car in the uk and brought it over ? there are lots of LHD dealers but im a bit wary of using them.thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.