Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

NEW BANK TRANSFER CHARGES

NEW BANK TRANSFER CHARGES

Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Default NEW BANK TRANSFER CHARGES

Just been advised by Lloyds (Halifax) from 5th December charges will be made for money transfers from from a uk Lloyds Bank to a Spanish Lloyds Bank, currently this is free.
One of the reasons we set up with the then Halifax was because of the free in house banking between countries.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW BANK TRANSFER CHARGES

I guess things change.
I transfer my money via an exchange company. I dont actually pay fees, but I'm sure I pay somerthing within the r/ex
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:34 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It is still free to transfer from any UK Bank account into Barclays.es
Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Trust my luck I cancelld Barclays about two years age and low and behold shortly after they opened a Bank in Los Alcazares Murcia!!!!!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:38 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to stop you having two bank accounts.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Halifax may well have been fee free but their rates were terrible, just look at the date of one of yr transfers & the wholesale rate.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I agree but when you only want to transfer small amounts for utility bills etc if your not there full time it was fit for purpose!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone by now should be aware there is no such thing as a free dinner.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware too that Lloyds are now going to charge 5 GBP if you go overdrawn from 1st December.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:21 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Everyone by now should be aware there is no such thing as a free dinner.
Oh yes there is!
If you bank with Santander in U.K., they allow you to use a Spanish Santander ATM free of charge to withdraw money from you U.K. account. They give you the Visa corporate rate of exchange too.
The only stipulation is that £1000 PCM has to move through the U.K. account.

As of January 2011 Norwich and Peterborough Building Society are offering fees free ATM use, see below.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...hes-in-january
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lic
Oh yes there is!
If you bank with Santander in U.K., they allow you to use a Spanish Santander ATM free of charge to withdraw money from you U.K. account. They give you the Visa corporate rate of exchange too.

As of January 2011 Norwich and Peterborough Building Society are offering fees free ATM use, see below.

And how many dinners equate to the interest they make speculating with your monthly money in the bank ?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
And how many dinners equate to the interest they make speculating with your monthly money in the bank ?
The Norwich and Peterborough account is a great deal. You have to stay in credit have 5 transactions per month including into or out of the account.
We have closed our Nationwide Flexaccount and opened one with N&P. No ATM charges and best wholesale rate! just like Nationwide used to be.
Most people can hack 5 transactions per month on an account, or set up standing orders for 1p as the 'Money Saving Expert' suggests to keep in line with the criteria. Downside!! branches are all in the South East but they have an arrangement with Co-op bank for over the counter transactions. Looks good to me!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:51 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lic
Oh yes there is!

Thanks for that. I don't suppose you have a link to info about Santander's card do you?

Would doing it that way, ie taking it out in Spain from an english account be much cheaper than paying the 1% charge to simply write a cheque on the English account?

Last edited by bil; Dec 1st 2010 at 8:54 am.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice
Smile Re: NEW BANK TRANSFER CHARGES

Originally Posted by olivia
The Norwich and Peterborough account is a great deal. You have to stay in credit have 5 transactions per month including into or out of the account.
We have closed our Nationwide Flexaccount and opened one with N&P. No ATM charges and best wholesale rate! just like Nationwide used to be.
Most people can hack 5 transactions per month on an account, or set up standing orders for 1p as the 'Money Saving Expert' suggests to keep in line with the criteria. Downside!! branches are all in the South East but they have an arrangement with Co-op bank for over the counter transactions. Looks good to me!
Thank you for that. I was just about to close our N & P account but have now set up 5 standing orders to pay me 1p for each one into our Nationwide account. We'll see if they wear it !!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

tawaghorne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vox populia
Just been advised by Lloyds (Halifax) from 5th December charges will be made for money transfers from from a uk Lloyds Bank to a Spanish Lloyds Bank, currently this is free.
One of the reasons we set up with the then Halifax was because of the free in house banking between countries.
I used to use Halifax free service, but I now use Smartcurrency.com. only costs me £5 a month to send money to my Lloyds es account. Good rates every time, just got E1.17.5 for each £ on the 1st of this month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.