Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

new autonomo/PYME legislation

new autonomo/PYME legislation

Old May 25th 2013, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default new autonomo/PYME legislation

Does anyone have details of the proposed changes in legislation for Autonomos? Does it go far enough?
Old May 26th 2013, 7:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new autonomo/PYME legislation

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Does anyone have details of the proposed changes in legislation for Autonomos? Does it go far enough?
what new legislation? haven't heard anything...
Old May 26th 2013, 7:27 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

OK found it - if passed, it sounds like it would cut the autónomo payment enormously

http://www.ata.es/noticia.php?id=484
Old May 26th 2013, 7:48 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
OK found it - if passed, it sounds like it would cut the autónomo payment enormously

Good reducing the cost of SS payments.

But the main advantage is the changes in the IVA payments, paying when you receive the money and not on handing over the receipt, as a lot of PYMEs have to give 30 or more days to pay to their customers, and so the money has to be paid out for the tax before being collected.

This is probably a good move to prevent the cash in hand jobs from tradesmen too.
Old May 26th 2013, 9:44 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by me me
Good reducing the cost of SS payments.

But the main advantage is the changes in the IVA payments, paying when you receive the money and not on handing over the receipt, as a lot of PYMEs have to give 30 or more days to pay to their customers, and so the money has to be paid out for the tax before being collected.

This is probably a good move to prevent the cash in hand jobs from tradesmen too.
yes that too - although from my point of view it makes little difference since most of my work is IVA free - only my written translations attract IVA & I get paid 'on delivery' as it were - no payment, no delivery
Old May 26th 2013, 2:44 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone any idea if and when this will come into effect?
Old May 26th 2013, 3:31 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

most of my work is IVA free
There is not much in Spain that is zero rated.
Only the following:
Education provided by the state or licensed bodies
Tutoring on subjects that are included in the curricula at all educational levels
Cultural services such as museums, libraries, seminars and conferences
Artists, writers, composers and translators of artistic and scientific work
Insurance
Postal services

I thought the law about IVA was changed for this financial year. The contrubutions will not change for another 2 years. However the law has been written so that the government can withdraw these measures at any time.
Have you talked your Gestoría?
Old May 26th 2013, 3:37 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
There is not much in Spain that is zero rated.
Only the following:
Education provided by the state or licensed bodies
Tutoring on subjects that are included in the curricula at all educational levels
Cultural services such as museums, libraries, seminars and conferences
Artists, writers, composers and translators of artistic and scientific work
Insurance
Postal services

I thought the law about IVA was changed for this financial year. The contrubutions will not change for another 2 years. However the law has been written so that the government can withdraw these measures at any time.
Have you talked your Gestoría?

about???

I speak to my gestor pretty regularly - I even have him as a FB friend

I'm sure he'd have told me by now if my invoicing was supposed to have changed
Old May 26th 2013, 4:30 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I asked a question in general. You said you are somehow zero rated so and you only get paid when you are paid. So this new ruling dose not seem to of any great importance to you.
Ours is too busy to be on FB
Old May 26th 2013, 4:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
I asked a question in general. You said you are somehow zero rated so and you only get paid when you are paid. So this new ruling dose not seem to of any great importance to you.
Ours is too busy to be on FB
ahh - but you quoted me so it was a reasonable assumption that you were addressing yor comments to me
I'm not 'somehow' zero-rated

I teach - maths, English & Spanish & general cross-curriculum support - all zero rated

my written translation work carries 21% IVA - but since I get paid immediately for that, any changes to lead-time for IVA withholding won't make a difference to me, you're correct

however - if my monthly autónomo payments drop by an eventual 75% - that will make a HUGE difference to me
Old May 26th 2013, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

ahh - but you quoted me so it was a reasonable assumption that you were addressing yor comments to me
I'm not 'somehow' zero-rated

I teach - maths, English & Spanish & general cross-curriculum support - all zero rated

my written translation work carries 21% IVA - but since I get paid immediately for that, any changes to lead-time for IVA withholding won't make a difference to me, you're correct

however - if my monthly autónomo payments drop by an eventual 75% - that will make a HUGE difference to me
Is this 'cuota' they mention actually Seguridad Social (because they don't use that name) or not? Or some other tax on business? But I certainly think dropping SS payments for startups or very small businesses would help create more. My husband really wants to have a go at setting up an internet based business but just daren't right now because he's afraid he'll make less than the SS payment initially. we're hardly getting by as it is! I think they should go further and treat IVA like the British do VAT and only have it 'kick in' at a certain level. In my case it's crazy that in one country small craft businesses copying work from my instructions can afford to sell exactly the same goods made by hand taking exactly the same time at 21% cheaper. That's even without the influence of China! I din't mind fair competition but that is ridiculous! But these new laws have answered a misunderstanding I had with my Gestor who would never issue me with a factura until I'd paid my bill. I never realised that they would have to pay the IVA while waiting for my payment.
Old May 26th 2013, 6:51 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Is this 'cuota' they mention actually Seguridad Social (because they don't use that name) or not? Or some other tax on business? But I certainly think dropping SS payments for startups or very small businesses would help create more. My husband really wants to have a go at setting up an internet based business but just daren't right now because he's afraid he'll make less than the SS payment initially. we're hardly getting by as it is! I think they should go further and treat IVA like the British do VAT and only have it 'kick in' at a certain level. In my case it's crazy that in one country small craft businesses copying work from my instructions can afford to sell exactly the same goods made by hand taking exactly the same time at 21% cheaper. That's even without the influence of China! I din't mind fair competition but that is ridiculous! But these new laws have answered a misunderstanding I had with my Gestor who would never issue me with a factura until I'd paid my bill. I never realised that they would have to pay the IVA while waiting for my payment.
It would be a good idea to have a minimum turnover before becoming liable for IVA as you say, like in the UK.

I suppose for your business it is a double whammy, because as with all craft/handmade stuff the most expensive part of the items is the time it takes to make.

The IVA on your purchases of raw materials that can be offset against the IVa due on the sales, in quite a piddling amount.

If ever it does happen that a business with a small turnover has the advantage of not paying VAT, you will be laughing........well you know what I mean.....

Fingers crossed that someone in power thinks of it.
Old May 26th 2013, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

So here is a theoretical example.

I buy some materials off my builders merchant. "Sorry, I will have to charge you IVA on the Vigas(concrete beams) so I will do you a separate invoice for those".

So you have a Cement factory churning out millions of bags of cement powder and not charging their customers IVA. In return those merchants don't charge the end user. Doesn't the taxman smell an IVA rat?
Old May 26th 2013, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

NadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant future

My understanding from reading the link is that they will only reduce the autonomo payment for people who are autonomo while also working another job. It says "Reducción de cuotas de la pluriactividad", and pluriactividad is defined here (http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/...1331/index.htm) as:
"Pluriactividad: Se entiende por pluriactividad la situación del trabajador por cuenta propia y/o ajena cuyas actividades den lugar a su alta obligatoria en dos o más Regímenes distintos del Sistema de la Seguridad Social. "

So they are reducing the autonomo payments for people who currently pay Seguridad Social payments twice - once through the company they work for, and once as autonomo. It is not going to affect those of us who are autonomo full-time.
Old May 26th 2013, 9:22 pm

I personally like have the government pay me back the IVA I have forked out on. Especially now it comes on a regular basis rather than something like 18 month later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.