Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

new airline luggage scam

new airline luggage scam

Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new airline luggage scam

Jeez ... how do these threads get so wound up Aren't there more important things to get upset about ....

I fly Thomsonfly, they're cheap and good (stands back and awaits a flaming )
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Jeez ... how do these threads get so wound up Aren't there more important things to get upset about ....

I fly Thomsonfly, they're cheap and good (stands back and awaits a flaming )
I'd have thought so, Mitzyboy, it's hardly one of life's burning questions - to RyanAir or not to RyanAir! I've never tried Thomsonfly. Do they fly to Alicante, do you know?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by un-mundo
I'd have thought so, Mitzyboy, it's hardly one of life's burning questions - to RyanAir or not to RyanAir! I've never tried Thomsonfly. Do they fly to Alicante, do you know?
Yes but not from all airports, Coventry, Cardiff & Gatwick I think.

Examples - Gatwick / Alicante 9/5 - £16.02

http://www.thomsonfly.com/farefinder...on/step1RH.do#
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Yes but not from all airports, Coventry, Cardiff & Gatwick I think.

Examples - Gatwick / Alicante 9/5 - £16.02

http://www.thomsonfly.com/farefinder...on/step1RH.do#
That sounds good, I'll have to check that out, thanks!

Obviously if they aren't that price when I wish to fly I shall clearly have to flame you and tell you how crap you are!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 9:20 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by un-mundo
That sounds good, I'll have to check that out, thanks!

Obviously if they aren't that price when I wish to fly I shall clearly have to flame you and tell you how crap you are!
Oh yes please I'm feeling left out at the moment
Old Mar 8th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh yes please I'm feeling left out at the moment
No worries, Mitzyboy!

Old Mar 11th 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice

I think this thread has more or less run it's course - but having just read it with interest I can't resist putting in my two pen'orth, and giving a slightly different perspective of Ryanair. My husband trained for 5 years to become a professional pilot, we are not rich and have had to sacrifice everything including our home for the 'cause', to the tune of 70K we also had three children to consider. because of Budget airlines, particularly Ryanair, terms and conditions for pilots is dire and other airlines are following suit and pilots are having to pay more for training, and get paid much less than you would ever believe. It has left us in a position where my husband can no longer pursue his dreams of an airline job here. So when I here comments like 'they can lock pilots up in cages for all I care' it does somewhat offend me. Now before the floodgates open and the comments of 'your choice', 'no one made you do it', 'get a life', 'stop whining' etc etc begin, there is a positive outcome to this. My husband has now got a great flying job in Jerez, which means I get to go and live there and have a better life than here - just one drawback though, there's only one rubbish airline who fly there!!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: new airline luggage scam

Originally Posted by Amara
I think this thread has more or less run it's course - but having just read it with interest I can't resist putting in my two pen'orth, and giving a slightly different perspective of Ryanair. My husband trained for 5 years to become a professional pilot, we are not rich and have had to sacrifice everything including our home for the 'cause', to the tune of 70K we also had three children to consider. because of Budget airlines, particularly Ryanair, terms and conditions for pilots is dire and other airlines are following suit and pilots are having to pay more for training, and get paid much less than you would ever believe. It has left us in a position where my husband can no longer pursue his dreams of an airline job here. So when I here comments like 'they can lock pilots up in cages for all I care' it does somewhat offend me. Now before the floodgates open and the comments of 'your choice', 'no one made you do it', 'get a life', 'stop whining' etc etc begin, there is a positive outcome to this. My husband has now got a great flying job in Jerez, which means I get to go and live there and have a better life than here - just one drawback though, there's only one rubbish airline who fly there!!
Hi Amara

At least you have a happy ending/beginning, good luck to you in your new life. My husband desperately wanted to be a commercial pilot in his younger days and worked his way to a PPL. We met around this time and sadly the fuel crisis came along and airlines were no longer sponsoring young pilots so we had to re-think a career. Fortunately the career he chose has provided us with a decent living and he has been able to (just about) keep up the PPL
but he gets to fly the minimum hours now, family taking priority, naturally.

I am wondering, following your post, if you know if there is a good active aero club at Jerez, it would appear that there might be, but you know how it is, you arrive and can't wait to get where you are going, so we never take the opportunity to have a look around.

If you have any info, it would be good to hear.

And in defence of low cost airlines.....

For all its so called 'faults' Ryanair provides, for us, and if they were honest many many people, a fantastic, affordable way of getting to and from our homes in Spain. Without such airlines it would not be worth having a dream in Spain as we could not afford to access it. It is only a short flight, none of us would expect any more leg room or facilities if we were on a 2.5 hour drive in our cars, so why all the moaning. As far as I am concerned, I would be perfectly happy without flight attendants, I don't need to buy food and drink, scratch cards, perfume or booze, I can do all that when I get to my destination. Just don't lose the toilets though!!!!!

Having said I could do without them, we have never had a problem with Ryanair staff, they have always been helpful, pleasant and had a ready smile for us. Perhaps if people stopped grumbling and started smiling, they would get a smile and a helpful response in return. Long Life Ryanair and all other low cost airlines.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: new airline luggage scam

Hi susique,

I always fancied getting my PPL but not managed it yet and the cost now means I probably never will so well done to him for achieving his ambition.

With regard to flying at Jerez there was a recent TV programme on BA pilot training and that showed that the final part of their hands on programme (not simulators) was at Jerez because of the ideal flying weather. So I'd be astounded if they did not have a civilian club to take advantage of the conditions.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by susique
Hi Amara

My husband desperately wanted to be a commercial pilot in his younger days and worked his way to a PPL. Fortunately the career he chose has provided us with a decent living and he has been able to (just about) keep up the PPL but he gets to fly the minimum hours now, family taking priority, naturally.

I am wondering, following your post, if you know if there is a good active aero club at Jerez, it would appear that there might be, but you know how it is, you arrive and can't wait to get where you are going, so we never take the opportunity to have a look around.

If you have any info, it would be good to hear.

Having said I could do without them, we have never had a problem with Ryanair staff, they have always been helpful, pleasant and had a ready smile for us. Perhaps if people stopped grumbling and started smiling, they would get a smile and a helpful response in return. Long Life Ryanair and all other low cost airlines.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice

Hi Susique - I have just text my husband who is in Jerez currently - he thinks there is a club there - and thinks it might be German run - will post if I get more info for you. I just want to make it clear that I do not have anything bad to say about people who work for Ryan - they all work really hard under very difficult circumstances, it's the beancounters and particularly Mr O'Leary that leave a sour taste in my mouth. Having said all that I may go against all my principles and book a flight for next week 96E or 900E with Iberia???tough choice huh??
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

I think we should get a new thread going here !

The home page of the German run flying club at Jerez Airprt is at http://www.fly-in-international.com/en/

Cheers
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

new thread
Private Flying in Spain info
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amara
Hi Susique - I have just text my husband who is in Jerez currently - he thinks there is a club there - and thinks it might be German run - will post if I get more info for you. I just want to make it clear that I do not have anything bad to say about people who work for Ryan - they all work really hard under very difficult circumstances, it's the beancounters and particularly Mr O'Leary that leave a sour taste in my mouth. Having said all that I may go against all my principles and book a flight for next week 96E or 900E with Iberia???tough choice huh??
The flying 'club' or school is this one: http://www.fly-in-international.com/en/index.php
The main training facility at Jerez airport, which was previously known as BAE SYSTEMS flight training (Europe) but is now FLIGHT TRAINING EUROPE http://www.flighttrainingeurope.com/index.php
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Flight training europe is only commercial training though so no good for ppl flying
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by josephina
Hello PL
I am not sure whether or not to take this as a complement......... the fact that you think i would have to work harder than a man to learn or do the same job makes me wonder if you think women are not quite as capable. Dont worry i am not a feminist and i have worked with men for too long to take offence at what comes from thier tiny brains and out thier mouths.
I am also a very good train driver and i have never had a SPAD.
I am however very bad at directions so it is lucky we dont have steering wheels...... i am still not sure if i will find the new Ikea in Murcia.
J
Buy a GPS and plug in the co-ordinates I gave in my reply to exactly where IKEA is and then you will be directed to the precise spot +-10 metres (Have a look at the TomTom products).

You can also choose whether you will let a female or male voice direct you. I choose female as it is such a sweeter experience - although one of the Spanish female voices I have as an alternative is pretty stern!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.