Reload this Page >

new airline luggage scam

new airline luggage scam

Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:56 am
Just Joined

josephina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new airline luggage scam

Originally Posted by poollounger
Yikes.. let me know when you are driving..I am not getting on any train driven by a woman..nervous enough when the BA flight I took recently was piloted by a female !!
Just kidding... I reckon any woman in those professions had to work so hard to get there she is bound to be better than the men. One of the best sailing instructors I had was also a woman.
Hello PL
I am not sure whether or not to take this as a complement......... the fact that you think i would have to work harder than a man to learn or do the same job makes me wonder if you think women are not quite as capable. Dont worry i am not a feminist and i have worked with men for too long to take offence at what comes from thier tiny brains and out thier mouths.
I am also a very good train driver and i have never had a SPAD.
I am however very bad at directions so it is lucky we dont have steering wheels...... i am still not sure if i will find the new Ikea in Murcia.
J
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:07 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Undeniably!

"I have to admit I probably felt guilty once, but I've fallen foul of the "what difference is me not flying going to make", and I know its wrong. The planes going to go anyway if I'm on it or not.

Well, mitzy, that's a nonsense, of course if there are no or few bookings the airlines will stop running the routes (eek!) . Sooner or later, probably later, prices will go up, inevitably. Fuel prices will rise and the environmental lobby will become more and more powerful - rightly, really, although it will mess up my to-ing and fro-ing from Spain.

I've never flown RyanAir to Spain but having read that pilots over-rule ATC in order to save the company money (what other reason?) in order to land in Dublin, I will
i definitely
never fly with them again. There are some people - Murdoch with Sky and O'Leary with RyanAir - that I will never (again) give my money to, first hand.

His treatment of wheelchair passengers is just indicative of his really spiteful attitude. He's a nasty captain of industry, that's for sure.

Oh, just to add, quite often Monarch, BA, EasyJet and Iberia offer cheaper flights. It's just a case of when you book and how much you search online.
HI,if you as you state have never flown with Ryanair ,how can you comment,as for your remark about wheelchair passengers ,my friend who is wheel chair bound flys ,all the time with Ryanair and has never been badlly treated,in fact he has nothing but praise for the Ryanair service,where do you get your facts from.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone who fly with Ryanair pay a surcharge for wheelchairs, that is whether you use one or not, this was because they refused a chap in a wheelchair some time ago (wanted to charge him an extortionate amount) and there was such an uproar that it is now part of everybody's taxes

Re pilots over ruling ATC I have a friend who is watch controller at a major airport, Ok he got my flight off early when French ATC went of strike, but perks of having friends in "high" places.
But pilots do not, at least under his watch over rule ATC can you imagine the anarchy and collisions that would occur.

pwwm
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:09 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by josephina
Hello PL
I am not sure whether or not to take this as a complement......... the fact that you think i would have to work harder than a man to learn or do the same job makes me wonder if you think women are not quite as capable. Dont worry i am not a feminist and i have worked with men for too long to take offence at what comes from thier tiny brains and out thier mouths.
I am also a very good train driver and i have never had a SPAD.
I am however very bad at directions so it is lucky we dont have steering wheels...... i am still not sure if i will find the new Ikea in Murcia.
J
Not to do the same job, just to get there...a colleague at work has a sister who is a civil engineer....and is black as well...imagine her arriving at a meeting with associates who had never met her before...probably think she has arrived to make the tea. And yes it was a compliment!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:20 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
HI,if you as you state have never flown with Ryanair ,how can you comment,as for your remark about wheelchair passengers ,my friend who is wheel chair bound flys ,all the time with Ryanair and has never been badlly treated,in fact he has nothing but praise for the Ryanair service,where do you get your facts from.
Great thing about forums isn't it ?? One starts a thread then watches it spin off into all sorts of different areas. PWM is right, the wheelchair issue was well publicised in the British press at the time. When I flew to Jerez in January I had booked a while previous, on my usual early morning flight, which they then cancelled all that week, I expect owing to low bookings, as the evening flight I was transferred to as only half full. We get what we pay for..most of the time Ryanair is perfectly acceptablel...I have booked for June July and am paying £50 return! I agree that Easyjet seems nicer...more leg room etc, and there was a gahstly late night return from Jerez in August when they had not a single piece of loo roll, napkin, paper towel. Serve them right if some passenger had stained their seats!!Their exscuse was that the kids on the flight out had cleaned them out and they did not have time to restock...and the staff just seemed amused and not at all apologetic...and I had paid almost full whack for the flight.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Nelson1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so with PWWM - am really not keen on Ryanair. I've very rarely noticed them being cheaper than Easyjet, and I'd rather fly with cabin crew that smile!! Also every Ryanair plane (well, plane used by Ryanair, as they often use aircraft from other airlines for their services) has been filthy! But hey, each to their own!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

If you had read what I had typed, you will note that I said that I had flown RyanAir, once, but not to Spain.

Where do I get my facts from? Well, as has been pointed out to you by other posters, the "wheelchair" incident was widely reported in the press. When it comes to topics relating to aviation, I get my facts from newspapers; a dedicated pilots forum on the internet; my family - who, as I have already said, consist of a father who was an airline pilot and a brother who still is, and finally from personal experience.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Meethinks a hyped up newspaper article some monmths ago....? Referring to one unfortunate incident.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:25 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

If you had read what I had typed, you will note that I said that I had flown RyanAir, once, but not to Spain.

Where do I get my facts from? Well, as has been pointed out to you by other posters, the "wheelchair" incident was widely reported in the press. When it comes to topics relating to aviation, I get my facts from newspapers; a dedicated pilots forum on the internet; my family - who, as I have already said, consist of a father who was an airline pilot and a brother who still is, and finally from personal experience.
Hi,Only one disabled person in the world,sorry mate you just cant add it,can you.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:32 pm
Banned

Hi, no other posters have posted anything except agreeing with what Ihave posted,again no facts only compulsive bitching about Ryanair by you and pwwm.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nelson1
I'm so with PWWM - am really not keen on Ryanair. I've very rarely noticed them being cheaper than Easyjet, and I'd rather fly with cabin crew that smile!! Also every Ryanair plane (well, plane used by Ryanair, as they often use aircraft from other airlines for their services) has been filthy! But hey, each to their own!!
HI,crap ,you no nothing,sorry if I sound hard ,but get a life.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by poollounger
Great thing about forums isn't it ?? One starts a thread then watches it spin off into all sorts of different areas. PWM is right, the wheelchair issue was well publicised in the British press at the time. When I flew to Jerez in January I had booked a while previous, on my usual early morning flight, which they then cancelled all that week, I expect owing to low bookings, as the evening flight I was transferred to as only half full. We get what we pay for..most of the time Ryanair is perfectly acceptablel...I have booked for June July and am paying £50 return! I agree that Easyjet seems nicer...more leg room etc, and there was a gahstly late night return from Jerez in August when they had not a single piece of loo roll, napkin, paper towel. Serve them right if some passenger had stained their seats!!Their exscuse was that the kids on the flight out had cleaned them out and they did not have time to restock...and the staff just seemed amused and not at all apologetic...and I had paid almost full whack for the flight.
Hi,Crap PL and you no that ,dont try and suffer with the rest ,just realise that you are the winner,they pioneered and they lost. Thats life.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by pwwm
How funny that one or two of you think I live in little England ho ho ho, I live in a Spanish village with Spanish neighbours, have to speak Spanish to the best of my ability, we have maybe, 24 other Brits dotted around.
I do not live in Almeria, It is where I fly to, I live in Granada Province so have the choice of Granada, Malaga or Almeria airports.
Almeria Airport is in the next province for those of you who very obviously do not know the geography of Spain, Malaga is 3 hours run and Almeria just over an hour. Also why say Almeria was built by left over tarmac? I do not understand why you think it is a dump, very pretty, clean and well run airport.
Re when has Ryanair been dearer? well everytime I have checked from Almeria, and any old how, they only go to the pits of Essex, ie Stanstead.
I am extremely good at finding the cheapest deal for those around here, kinda run a booking service for those that do not have computers so I do know who is the cheapest, for those that wish to fly Ryanair fine, I choose not to.
As another post says, you choose to fly with whoever you prefer. But my last trip was with Monarch, and yes I went from Malaga, as the same company and almost same time went from Almeria at nearly four times the price so I got the bus to Malaga at the great price of 12 Euros.

pwwm
HI,Idont think you live in England ,you dont seem to be able to work out the thread ,read properlly and try to understand.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by pwwm
Everyone who fly with Ryanair pay a surcharge for wheelchairs, that is whether you use one or not, this was because they refused a chap in a wheelchair some time ago (wanted to charge him an extortionate amount) and there was such an uproar that it is now part of everybody's taxes

Re pilots over ruling ATC I have a friend who is watch controller at a major airport, Ok he got my flight off early when French ATC went of strike, but perks of having friends in "high" places.
But pilots do not, at least under his watch over rule ATC can you imagine the anarchy and collisions that would occur.

pwwm
Hi,Crap ,who do you think you are , you cant even understand posts that have been sent to you ,and your grammer well.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...31/nryan31.xml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4112791.stm

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/arti...022597,00.html

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=120692004

http://travel.independent.co.uk/amer...icle313687.ece

News reports from, respectively, The Telegraph, the BBC, The Times, The Scotsman and The Independant, all containing information regarding RyanAir's wheelchair levy and the court case. It was reported, also, in The Guardian and The Observer. So not really some obscure little story buried away on the back pages of an equally obscure local paper! If you have a look on google you will also find that prior to the court case, quite a number of would-be RyanAir passengers were refused wheelchair access.

I really don't understand why Douglas Jack is getting so very excercised about this issue - people are entitled to fly by whatever airline suits them, and just as equally, those that prefer not to fly RyanAir can choose to avoid them. I fall firmly into the latter camp, personally, but I'm not trying to take away anyone else's personal choice.

Before booking I always check and compare prices between EasyJet, Monarch, BA and Iberia - at different times of the year, each one of them is cheaper than the others, so those are the airlines I tend to book with.

Anyway, it isn't really worth getting annoyed about, we're only discussing whether we like flying with RyanAir or not, it's not exactly the Meaning of Life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.