Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

new airline luggage scam

new airline luggage scam

Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new airline luggage scam

Originally Posted by pwwm
Only problem is we have no trains where we are. So it is travel to airport by car or nothing.
The traffic trying to get into the airport was backed up along the motorway well before the airport, so our son did get out and leg it across the bridge leaving his bag behind.
Oh well taking it with us next week, but leaving from alternative airport, with excellent access and cheap parking. Thermals at the ready.
pwwm
You must go past some of the stations from Malaga to the airport, just stop at one and catch the train from there.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:25 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pwwm
For those of you stuck in the UK today was 24 dg as we strolled through town with friends
pwwm
Oh ha bloody ha, forcast here is snow,rain and very very very cold
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

This just announced apparantly re Ryanair:

Average fares reduced by 9%, a 2.50 GBP or 3.50 Euro fare cut. New web check in service gives passengers priority boarding and avoids check in and boarding gate queues.

Total baggage allowance now increased to 30kgs per person,10kg for cabin baggage and 20kg for checked bag.

Commencing in March 2006, passengers will be able check-in on-line free of charge from the comfort of their own home or office. Web check in can be used by all passengers holding an EU passport and when travelling with hand luggage ONLY. Passengers can web check in from 72 hours up to 4 hours prior to flight departure on www.ryanair.com.

Passengers using web check in will also be priority boarded first onto the aircraft. Using web check in saves time at the airport, by avoiding check in and boarding gate queues.

Each passenger can carry free of charge one piece of hand baggage (no infant allowance) on board the aircraft. The bag must not weigh more than 10kg and the maximum dimensions should not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. For the safety and convenience of all passengers, hand baggage must fit underneath the seat or in the overhead compartment. All heavy items should be placed on the floor ensuring they do not block the aisles or emergency exits.

The checked baggage allowance has been increased to 20kg per person. For those customers who wish to check in luggage there will be a small charge per bag. Simply prebook on our website, the number of bags you wish to check in and pay a discounted rate of 2.50 GBP /3.50 EURO per bag, per flight. Alternatively you can pay for your checked in bag at the airport at the full cost of 5 GBP or 7.00 EURO per bag, per flight.

Pay for the bag(s) you wish to check in, on line up to 4 hours prior to your flight departure at the discounted price of 2.50 GBP or 3.50 EURO per bag, per flight. Alternatively, pay for the bag(s) you wish to check in at your departure airport for 5 GBP or 7.00 EURO per bag, per flight.

Story from Ryanair.com http://www.kyero.com/news/2006_02_01...04591304427574
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Harley69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I definitely wouldn't call it a scam... Other airlines have increased their fuel charges to £20 -30 per person, so that makes Ryanair's baggage charges relatively cheap.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

PHP Code:
You must go past some of the stations from Malaga to the airportjust stop at one and catch the train from there 
Sorry no we come from Granada region and the farthest end at that. Although we have heard the rumour they are planning a railway line all the way along the coast, not so sure I quite believe that one.
Just have to leave a bit earlier if we are using Malaga.

pwwm
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know there was a train just outside Malaga airport. Does anyone know if you can get a train there to Cadiz?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Well there you go Glynis, yes there is a railway but I have no idea where it goes to from Malaga, jdr is probably the person to help you on this one.
Hopefully it will help you.
pwwm
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

josephina is an unknown quantity at this point

It was said that.....

Those with only hand luggage can book in on line and will not have to queue at check in and will be boarded first on the aircraft

At the moment when we book online we have to print off the reciept, so how will we be able to board without checking in.
THANKS
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:12 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Ok since I started this thread...perhaps scam is a bit strong, but it seemed annoying to book and then have the rules changed. £2.50 per back of 20kg is not unreasonable I suppose, and I am sure one can easily make up for it in carrying some item or the other that is more expensive in Spain. However as of yesterday I couldn't find any of the new charges on the Ryanair website. It's all still a heck of a lot cheaper than British Rail !!!!! Or the London Underground!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by poollounger
Ok since I started this thread...perhaps scam is a bit strong, but it seemed annoying to book and then have the rules changed. £2.50 per back of 20kg is not unreasonable I suppose, and I am sure one can easily make up for it in carrying some item or the other that is more expensive in Spain. However as of yesterday I couldn't find any of the new charges on the Ryanair website. It's all still a heck of a lot cheaper than British Rail !!!!! Or the London Underground!!!!
Be careful , new rules only apply to those who book on or after 16-03-06 , if you booked before you are still bound by the original rules , so for example if you booked today and travelled after 16-03-06 you are only allowed 15kg , but you do not have to pay the luggage fee.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
Didn't know there was a train just outside Malaga airport. Does anyone know if you can get a train there to Cadiz?
The line runs between Fuengirola and Malaga with a station over a walkway from the airport. Maybe there is a different line to Cadiz from Malaga if you change there ?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: new airline luggage scam

Hi Glynis,

I have looked at my large scale road map of southern Spain and lo and behold it shows railways! there appears to be an extensive rail network connecting all sorts of places with several major junctions.

You seem to be able to get to Malaga from Cadiz via Utera, Marchena, Osuna, La Roda de Andalucia (junction with branch north to Cordoba), Bobadilla Estac. (major junction with branches east to Granada, west to Algeciras via Ronda) and the final leg south to Malaga, if these tracks still run.

I think it would be a wonderful scenic route if you had a couple of days to spare and packed a picnic. Do let us know if you give it a try there may be a first novel in it say say Steam Trains over Lemons.

Regards,

John.

Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

josephina is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: new airline luggage scam

Originally Posted by poollounger
Hello
carefull what you say about the underground.......i am a train driver.....although i will admit its a rip off
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by josephina
Hello
carefull what you say about the underground.......i am a train driver.....although i will admit its a rip off
They have a lot to learn from the Malaga to Fuengirola line on cleanliness, security and price
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 1:04 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Hi,Glynis to get to Cadiz from Malaga by train, you have to go into the main railway station in Malaga,beside the bus station ,one euro onthe bus every 20 mins,get a ticket for Seville and change at Dos Hermandes for Cadiz ,takes about 4 hours ,train leaves at 2pm,better to get the bus from Malaga bus station ,16 euros goes round the coast,lovelly scenery takes 3 hours with a stop at algciers leaves Malage midday 12.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.