Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

neighbour argument going to court advice please?!

neighbour argument going to court advice please?!

Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of
Default Re: neighbour argument going to court advice please?!

Originally Posted by Minxi
I'm just going to go to court on Wednesday.............and I will just tell the truth over this 1 minute conversation dispute!!
You mean that you will admit to threatening to scratch his car when his lawyer asks you if you did ?

anyway told him it was unreasonable and if he didnt stop may have to scratch his car
Let's hope he is as dedicated to telling the truth about his threat to kill retort but somehow I doubt it.

I'm not defending him, far from it, it's just that however insincerely it was meant you did make the threat and I can't really see how, without at least some supporting evidence about what went on, both on that occasion and previously, openly admitting it in court is likely to win the day for you, sorry

Best of luck anyway, stories like this it make me so glad that my nearest neighbours are 500m away and are a lovely retired couple as quiet as mice to boot
Old Aug 30th 2011, 5:26 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

For god's sake don't admit to saying anything like it!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 6:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Ha de b....y ha... missed a gap. 128 3p!!
(memorable not only for good acceleration but also for catching fire in a multi storey car park in Lowestoft the day we went to buy my engagement ring. Multiple fire engines because of high risk. Ultimately divorced!)
I bought a 100E van with 4 months tax for 12 pounds 10 shillings, best car I ever had for cheapness.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Minxi is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for all your advice!

basically turned up to court and my neighbour turned up and said he never meant for this to go this far and we can stop it now! I said of course he apologised and the only reason he went to police is because he didnt know me and obviously realised I was a nice person in the end and he was more worried about his precious car etc,.. So 300 euro later for my lawyer who did t do anything in the end and all finished and didn't even get to go in the court room!!! Hmmmm anyway lesson learnt and all that!!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I would call that a result
Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adra04778
I would call that a result
To add to that, in some strange way I hope it's possible for you to become friendly/ friends /mates/ whatever!!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

To add to that, in some strange way I hope it's possible for you to become friendly/ friends /mates/ whatever!!
Seriously,I was thinking the same thing.........
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:25 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it worked out. I echo the two posters who hoped you might become friends. Ask him for a ride in his car.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:55 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

I'm pleased it worked out the way it did.

Even if you don't become friendly let's hope the incident makes him behave more considerately towards all his neighbours. If so you deserve a thank you from them all for being the one to tackle the problem, even though you might deal with it differently if a similar thing happened again.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

thank you for all your advice!

basically turned up to court and my neighbour turned up and said he never meant for this to go this far and we can stop it now! I said of course he apologised and the only reason he went to police is because he didnt know me and obviously realised I was a nice person in the end and he was more worried about his precious car etc,.. So 300 euro later for my lawyer who did t do anything in the end and all finished and didn't even get to go in the court room!!! Hmmmm anyway lesson learnt and all that!!

sooo.... a really annoying thoughtless git with an expensive car, just cost you 300 euros, so he can deter you for complaining about him being an even more annoying git in the future, then says it was all a mistake..... 300 euros later.....

Next time don't warn him what you could do to the car........as NIKE says just do it
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

tony19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad it all turned out OK in the end
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony19
Glad it all turned out OK in the end
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

JuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud of

there is no mention of amount to claim... I have no idea what he is expecting to gain from this. there were no witnesses as it was middle of the night in a dark garage!! I'm not sure what to expect and just feel quite stressed about ti all... But yes a lesson learned will pas it to community president in future to deal with!!!
Now he has evidence he denounced you threatened to break his car just in case his car appears scratched a sunny morning.

Originally Posted by dunmovin
sooo.... a really annoying thoughtless git with an expensive car, just cost you 300 euros, so he can deter you for complaining about him being an even more annoying git in the future, then says it was all a mistake..... 300 euros later.....

Next time don't warn him what you could do to the car........as NIKE says just do it
Too late (see above).

One last thing: Unfortunately justice in Spain is quite disappointing. Processes last for years and the outcome is unpredictable, even though your case looks crystal clear. Use it with care.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:48 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuanSolo
One last thing: Unfortunately justice in Spain is quite disappointing. Processes last for years and the outcome is unpredictable, even though your case looks crystal clear. Use it with care.
That last sentance is true wherever you are. Turning to the law is expensive, problematical and may well end up doing you no good.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

JuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud ofJuanSolo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
That last sentance is true wherever you are. Turning to the law is expensive, problematical and may well end up doing you no good.
You know what they say:

A bad agreement is better than a good lawsuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.