Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need Your Help! Where to eat in and around Alhaurin de la Torre

Need Your Help! Where to eat in and around Alhaurin de la Torre

Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need Your Help! Where to eat in and around Alhaurin de la Torre

Hi, i am based at the moment in Alhaurin de la Torre and have my parents in law over for ten days and would like to know where i could take them out for an evening meal before they go back.

I would like to find a restaurant that you are able to be seated outside as well as in and that will cater for different tastes e,g fish, meat, pizza as they love all fish varieties and we do not.

So far the few i have been able to find seem to be not nice or very expensive so would any one know of a nice place we could try at a reasonable price.

We have a car so could travel a little distance.

Many Thanks.

ausi dream
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:44 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Your Help! Where to eat in and around Alhaurin de la Torre

Theres a village near called La Alqueria which has a restaurant called La Porita, thats nice and my first choice, theres also Lauro golf nearby which has a club house and a bistro (the bistros good!!). Theres also a restaurant on the main road towards Alhaurin El Grande that has a restaurant on the left side of the road called Mama Lucias, altho you cant sit outside......those are our favourites. There are lots of restaurants in the town of De La Torres itself. Theres one that overlooks the park, but I cant describe how to get to it... kind of down past the main square where they've closed the road and turn right ????? cant remember what its called but it has two characature statues outside??..... then of course theres Plaza Mayor (can be dear tho), near the Airport....... If I think of any more I'll post

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojojojojojojojojo; Oct 9th 2009 at 12:48 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
Theres a village near called La Alqueria which has a restaurant called La Porita, thats nice and my first choice, theres also Lauro golf nearby which has a club house and a bistro (the bistros good!!). Theres also a restaurant on the main road towards Alhaurin El Grande that has a restaurant on the left side of the road called Mama Lucias, altho you cant sit outside......those are our favourites. There are lots of restaurants in the town of De La Torres itself. Theres one that overlooks the park, but I cant describe how to get to it... kind of down past the main square where they've closed the road and turn right ????? cant remember what its called but it has two characature statues outside??..... then of course theres Plaza Mayor (can be dear tho), near the Airport....... If I think of any more I'll post

Jo xxx

Thank you very much Jo, will show my husband and will have at look at all those you have mentioned.

The one with the park, i know where you mean. I had a look at a place called (i think) El Toro, was told that was a fish restaurant, but hubby was not keen on there.

Many thanks.

ausi dream

Last edited by ausi dream; Oct 9th 2009 at 2:14 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Thank you very much Jo, will show my husband and will have at look at all those you have mentioned.

The one with the park, i know where you mean. I had a look at a place called (i think) El Toro, was told that was a fish restaurant, but hubby was not keen on there.

Many thanks.

ausi dream
The Plaza Mayor has all types of restaurants there and loads of shopping places too, you could spend a good few hours there.
Prices vary quite a bit, so have a look at the menus, there is a steak place there that is cheap and you get loads.
Have a drive over to check the place out first. ;-))
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:16 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream

Many thanks.

ausi dream

No, thats not the one!! It called something like Cervcezaria??? Its a long a promenade, theres a really nice icecream parlour further up and there are seats all along - theres a lovely atmosphere at night. Its not a fish place, I think it may do fish, but my lot dont like fish!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
The Plaza Mayor has all types of restaurants there and loads of shopping places too, you could spend a good few hours there.
Prices vary quite a bit, so have a look at the menus, there is a steak place there that is cheap and you get loads.
Have a drive over to check the place out first. ;-))
I like the new Plaza Mayor opposite all those clothes shops

amd then pop over the road for a drink and a meal

Jo xxx
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
I like the new Plaza Mayor opposite all those clothes shops

amd then pop over the road for a drink and a meal

Jo xxx
I take the grand kids there sometimes, they love the fountains and the cows that they have painted various colours now. ;-))
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
I take the grand kids there sometimes, they love the fountains and the cows that they have painted various colours now. ;-))
Yes we go there a fair bit too, especially when we've got visitors.

Jo