Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need for an so-called architects certificate.

Need for an so-called architects certificate.

Old Sep 9th 2017, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need for an so-called architects certificate.

Hi, I have been told that to sell our property I require an "architect's certificate". We already have the deeds, cedula, certificates of first and second occupation, energy certificate in addition to a full architect's project which consists of full plans of our house and land which was prepared and submitted to the town hall when we required licences for some work to be done a few years ago.
As the complete set of plans I referred to was completed and stamped by a qualified architect and approved by the town hall, i'm at a complete loss as to what this so called "architect's certificate" is and what is its purpose. Can anyone shine some light on this document please?
Googling in search of it has got me nowhere!
Thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 1:59 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need for an so-called architects certificate.

Originally Posted by Biffta
Hi, I have been told that to sell our property I require an "architect's certificate". We already have the deeds, cedula, certificates of first and second occupation, energy certificate in addition to a full architect's project which consists of full plans of our house and land which was prepared and submitted to the town hall when we required licences for some work to be done a few years ago.
As the complete set of plans I referred to was completed and stamped by a qualified architect and approved by the town hall, i'm at a complete loss as to what this so called "architect's certificate" is and what is its purpose. Can anyone shine some light on this document please?
Googling in search of it has got me nowhere!
Thanks.
Could it be the final sign-off document from the town hall to say that all has been completed correctly?
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Could it be the final sign-off document from the town hall to say that all has been completed correctly?
Could be I suppose, but as we have the cedula which according to a Google search is "a document which resumes the confirmation from the Town Hall that the property is ready for habitation, and it is applied once the property is finished with the Final Works License (Certificado Final de Obra) and inscribed in the land registry with the New Buildings Declaration (Declaración de Obra Nueva).D.O.N". Plus we have the other documents I listed, I cannot for the life of me see what the another certificate is for.
Maybe I should ask at an estate agency. Just wanted to be in possession of some facts about its purpose.
Thanks for the prompt response. Appreciated.

Last edited by Countryboy1; Sep 9th 2017 at 2:37 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:51 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have it all. I can't imagine what this is referring to. A cedula is the crown jewel. If you have that, then it's all been blessed (unless you've illegally built something new without permission since the cedula was issued).

By the way, you don't need any of that to sell the house (at least around here). But any lawyer or gestor worth half his weight in sand will reveal the property's lack of legality to the buyer (they're obliged to do so) in the process of of preparing the paperwork. The buyer would therefore know that it's not fully legal, and hopefully would be advised of what that means before signing. So, if you don't have the cedula, either the buyer will likely walk, or the price goes way down.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:57 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I have been told that to sell our property I require an "architect's certificate".
Who told you?
Old Sep 9th 2017, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by missile
Who told you?
An estate agent about a couple of years ago when we were thinking of selling. Abandoned the idea, but this mysterious certificate still stays in my mind.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amideislas
You seem to have it all. I can't imagine what this is referring to. A cedula is the crown jewel. If you have that, then it's all been blessed (unless you've illegally built something new without permission since the cedula was issued).

By the way, you don't need any of that to sell the house (at least around here). But any lawyer or gestor worth half his weight in sand will reveal the property's lack of legality to the buyer (they're obliged to do so) in the process of of preparing the paperwork. The buyer would therefore know that it's not fully legal, and hopefully would be advised of what that means before signing. So, if you don't have the cedula, either the buyer will likely walk, or the price goes way down.
Thanks for that, but as we have the cedula, think it's okay.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 10:42 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
An estate agent about a couple of years ago when we were thinking of selling. Abandoned the idea, but this mysterious certificate still stays in my mind.
Thought it might have been
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

According to my solicitors, you also need a Non-infraction certificate (Certificado de no infracción) from the local town hall.

Their full list is here
What will I need to sell my property in Spain?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spainrico
According to my solicitors, you also need a Non-infraction certificate (Certificado de no infracción) from the local town hall.

Their full list is here
What will I need to sell my property in Spain?
Wow, never heard of that one! Thanks for the list, appreciated.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Whether town halls have heard of it is another matter of course...mind you if it is chargeable then maybe!
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spainrico
Whether town halls have heard of it is another matter of course...mind you if it is chargeable then maybe!
Good point!
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Just thought, looking through the list in the above link, there's no mention of an architect's certificate!
Little wonder I can't find out what it is and what it looks like.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 9:02 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A Certificado de no infracion shows that there are no existing embargos or fines outstanding and no other reasons why the town hall have any problems with the property such as an outstanding demolition order!
Old Sep 10th 2017, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
A Certificado de no infracion shows that there are no existing embargos or fines outstanding and no other reasons why the town hall have any problems with the property such as an outstanding demolition order!
Thanks Fred, much obliged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.