Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to leave Sunny Spain :(

Originally Posted by abbytuttut
hi, I don't know the answer to your question but just to give you an insight into how it is here now......... I was born in the uk and I've lived and worked in the Uk for the past 30 years - never claimed a penny off benefits, got seriously ill at christmas and was advised I could get this, that and the other help off the government
GREAT !! i thought and after filling out reams and reams of paperwork (at least half a forest full grrrrr) guess what ???? 8 months down the line and over £3,000.00 in debt and still ill................ NOT GOT A SINGLE PENNY OUT OF EM!!! not even any help with my £50+ prescription tuttuttut!! AND the guy at the benefits helpline said that the new government initiative is to keep ppl who have a good work record in work so guess thats me sold down the swanny for being such a good girl all my life huh!!
sooooooooooo WELCOME BACK TO THE UK PEEPS oh and good luck trying to get some money when you get here!!!
abby x
I could tell you a similar story about when I tried to claim unemployment benefit for a few months after a full life of employment. I was entitled to £6.25 a fortnight and had to drive 24 miles each fortnight to sign on to claim for it!
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:48 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Doncha just feel the lurve our government has for us??
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:51 pm
loving life

abbytuttut will become famous soon enoughabbytuttut will become famous soon enough

lol
ahhhhhhhhh the good old english way hey don't it just make u smile hahaha
they have knocked half the dole offices down apparently and most claims are done over the telephone now - but i do beleive they pay your bus fare to get you to sign on............. lmto how bloomin ridiculous is that!!!
course if i had a illness caused by drugs or alcohol i would have got the benefits weeks before i had put my claim in (seems thats how it works nowadays lol ) and probably have got extra to help me pay for my drug /booze addiction (if I had one that is lol) DAMN........ where did i go soooooo wrong??? grrrrrrr I even fail at being ill properly lolol

and its peein it down here again!!
still least we know god is sharin his lurrrrrrrrrrrve with us hey haha
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:55 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Lurve is obviously brown.......
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
heard from Mich yesterday they are all back safe and sound - weather not too great though !!!

sure she will be back here with an update asap
Thanks for letting us know!

Glad to hear they are all back safely.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

silverbirch will become famous soon enoughsilverbirch will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear that you are still ill Abby, you have told me what I expected to hear,how terrible that a UK citizen can claim nothing even though you have worked for 30years in the UK.
The rules have definately changed for us all, now if you had said you were from Africa or some place else they would have put the welcome mat out for you, given you a house free prescriptions and money in your bank every week.
There is something very wrong going on in the UK and its not getting any better, if anything its getting worse.
It counts for nothing that our granddads, great granddads, and great great granddads worked all hours in terrible conditions and fought in the wars for the good of the next generation and for their country, I am totally disgusted at the way you and many others have and are being treated.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:54 am
loving life

abbytuttut will become famous soon enoughabbytuttut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by silverbirch
Sorry to hear that you are still ill Abby, you have told me what I expected to hear,how terrible that a UK citizen can claim nothing even though you have worked for 30years in the UK.
The rules have definately changed for us all, now if you had said you were from Africa or some place else they would have put the welcome mat out for you, given you a house free prescriptions and money in your bank every week.
There is something very wrong going on in the UK and its not getting any better, if anything its getting worse.
It counts for nothing that our granddads, great granddads, and great great granddads worked all hours in terrible conditions and fought in the wars for the good of the next generation and for their country, I am totally disgusted at the way you and many others have and are being treated.
Thanks Silverbirch,
The illness I can deal with now.........and I WILL beat it............. it's being let down my country that hurts more hence my decision to leave my island...... beautiful as it is and it will always have a place in my heart it no longer belongs to the me nor my fellow countrymen, it belongs to the sheep and the aliens and I don't mean ones from outerspace. we all know you cannot beat sheep ......... they have no brains!

abby x
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

silverbirch will become famous soon enoughsilverbirch will become famous soon enough

How very true Abby, I counldn't have put it better myself.
What a stupid government we have, give all to them that dont deserve it and nothing to those that do.
Will it ever change....NO because there are to many do gooders.
Why do they think that the british people cant wait to get out of here and the aliens are fighting to get in.
Totall nob heads running this country, but its a case of "I'm all right Jack".
Our ancesters must be turning in their graves
Go into any city in Britain and you can't move for aliens with walking sticks and disability cars in the parking slots,never paid a penny into the system but getting all the benifits.
Now we can all work till we are 70yrs old, but try claiming disablility after 65 and you know what the answer will be....p****s me off.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:49 pm
bil
Banned

Actually, we need immigrants, and need them badly, or else there will be no-one there to pay our pensions.

The real problem for us is that as soon as you are no use, the UK government treats you as one would a soiled kleenex.

Those immigrants are, in the most part, here to earn money. They can therefore be taxed. You and I if we go abroad and want help to come back when we are old, will get no help because we are seen as a drain. It doesn't matter that you have worked hard all your life and paid, paid and paid again thru the taxes, the government just wipes its *rse with you and discards you.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

I agree with everything you say bil, I have no problem with the immigrants who come over here to work, I have a big problem with those who have no intention of getting a job, and believe me there are shed loads of them.
Why should they get up in the morning and go out to work, they get more in benifits, its the same with a lot of the young single mums, believe me I know what I'm talking about I know loads of them,they will tell you that they can't manage if they are working, they get more on the benifits.
This country has gone to the dogs, and there's no hope I'm afraid.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 5:26 pm
bil
Banned

Well, I have no problem with people on the social, because quite frankly there aren't, and never have been enough jobs for everyone.

Beware of aiming your dislike at a particular group in society. Politicians love that because it blinds you to how much they gouge. Why bitch about a single mother who gets a couple of quid more than she should, when politicians rob us blind?

I consider our government to be completely retarded. They let all sort of trash into the country. The rules should be very simple. Unless you were born here, there is no entry unless you can demonstrate that you can support yourself and your family and dependents. If you can, you are welcome. You are not allowed in if you have a criminal record above a certain level. If you commit a crime above a certain level in the UK then you can go back home tooty sweety. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

Oh yes. You have to be able to speak the s*dding language.