Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need instructions for Carrefour "Home" HMG23P-11 Microwave/grill

Need instructions for Carrefour "Home" HMG23P-11 Microwave/grill

Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need instructions for Carrefour "Home" HMG23P-11 Microwave/grill

We are always on the lookout for a bargain and are always shooting ourselves in the feet with our "great deals". In early May we bought a combined microwave/grill oven from Carrefour in Gandia reduced from well over 100 to less than 70. Wasn't until we unpacked it that we realised there were no instructions!! Hence the reason for the reduction in price and our feet are shot off again.

We cannot find anything at all online so I wondered if any forum members have this model and could give me a brief explanation of how it works. The biggest problem we have is that we don't have a microwave in the UK and never have had one so we have no idea how these things are meant to work!

The microwave is badged as "Carrefour Home" with model number HMG23P-11 (MEG53H-A) Output 800w, Grill 1100w. If you do a google image search for "HMG23P-11" you can see some pictures of it.

If anyone can help, we'll be eternally grateful.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all
Default Re: Need instructions for Carrefour "Home" HMG23P-11 Microwave/grill

Phone Carrefour on 902 20 20 00 or use their contact us page (http://www.carrefour.es/contacta-con...rticulares.asp) - give them the item details, your receipt number and purchase date and they will send you the user manual (probably in English if that is what you want and what you ask for.).
Old Jun 14th 2012, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shaggymon,

Many thanks for that info, I'll certainly give it a try. I'm not quite up to the phonecall - my spoken Spanish is still shamefully poor - but with the aid of a dictionary, Google Translate and a large gin I might manage to use their website contact-us feature.

Cheers.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Just to let you know that I posted an enquiry on the Carrefour "contact us" page this morning and have just received a PDF copy of the missing instructions. I sent the enquiry in Spanish so the instructions are in Spanish but as before, dictionary and Google (and gin) will see me through a rough translation. Thanks Shaggymon, you're a star.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
Just to let you know that I posted an enquiry on the Carrefour "contact us" page this morning and have just received a PDF copy of the missing instructions. I sent the enquiry in Spanish so the instructions are in Spanish but as before, dictionary and Google (and gin) will see me through a rough translation. Thanks Shaggymon, you're a star.
I'm glad it worked for you. If you post another request to them in Google Spanish saying "thanks for the instructions but are they available in english?" they may well oblige. I've done it before. Nothing to lose and you can always revert back to the gin.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

The dictionary and gin trick worked. It turns out there is a child-proof lock setting on the damned thing which we must have invoked during one of our "push every button till it works" phases. This disables all cooking activity until turned off. We're going back over there on Friday so we'll be able to see then how good my translation skills are.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:06 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

biggest problem we have is that we don't have a microwave in the UK and never have had one so we have no idea how these things are meant to work!

Right so the most important bit, BEFORE pushing more buttons
Is check the bit that tells you what containers you can use for the microwave option.
You can not use, normal tin foil for a start. Unless you want an indoor fireworks display of course.
Oven proof glass (Pyrex) is always a good option. Doesn't matter which buttons you press then.

Suzi
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grebo
biggest problem we have is that we don't have a microwave in the UK and never have had one so we have no idea how these things are meant to work! Suzi
Hi Suzi,

Yes, we're the same, very backwards in our food technology. I do know the thing about not putting metal containers in having seen someone on TV destroy a microwave that way. We got it for friends and family who will be using the house and who are much more technical than us. I'm much happier with a four ring gas hob.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:33 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

qualified chef, 15 + years experience, and he continually mixed into stainless steel bowls and then put them straight into the microwave

even after I told him he would be paying for the next one he kept on doing it, seemed to think I was trying to supress his creativity - when all I was interested in was the cost to the company of his creativity.

on one occaision he swore black was blue and had never used metal bowls and didnt even understand that the pitting on the inside of the glass door and the burn marks around the interior were a give away.

at least he didnt try to dry off a poodle in there.