Reload this Page >

Need good reliable run about preferably a diesel car or small jeep

Need good reliable run about preferably a diesel car or small jeep

Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

fitnesschick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need good reliable run about preferably a diesel car or small jeep

Hi,

I am moving to Estepona in three weeks (25th May) and will need to buy a car or small jeep.

If anyone is selling their left hand drive 2008 or newer, could you give me info please. Ideally between €5000 - €9000

Also, if you know anyone else who is selling a car/jeep.

Thank you
Old May 1st 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need good reliable run about preferably a diesel car or small jeep

Have a look at these sites to get an idea of the ridiculously expensive 2nd hand cars in Spain, you might be surprised at what you have to pay!

www.coches.net

www.autoscout24.es
Old May 1st 2012, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
Have a look at these sites to get an idea of the ridiculously expensive 2nd hand cars in Spain, you might be surprised at what you have to pay!

www.coches.net

www.autoscout24.es
Although the prices have come down loads over the past year or two

A friend has just bought a 2008 diesel Ford Focus from a local garage for 7k. Which is a great price for around here

I've found that you can get better prices for both housing and cars by buying through a garage or agency. Those that sell as "particulares" usually ask too much
Old May 1st 2012, 8:45 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Although the prices have come down loads over the past year or two

A friend has just bought a 2008 diesel Ford Focus from a local garage for 7k. Which is a great price for around here

I've found that you can get better prices for both housing and cars by buying through a garage or agency. Those that sell as "particulares" usually ask too much
Agreed - and you generally get a warranty as well.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

I have (in the UK) a 2004 ford focus TDCI 1.8 Zetec. Owned from new and regularly serviced and maintained.

I reckon i could only get £1,100 in UK (€1,400). Would it be worth while bring it over, getting it Spanish legal (about €1,000?) and use it as a little run about. I'm only looking at the option because i'm going to sell it if I don't.

Or would i be able to buy similar quality in CDS for my €2,400?
Old May 1st 2012, 10:21 am
Just Joined

fitnesschick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, I have been over around 7 times now and had a really good look around and checked out second hand car garages, that friends have recommended me.

Also did have a good look online, as found some links for 2nd hand Spanish car websites.

Just thought would ask on here, as you never know there may be someone trying to sell their own car or knows someone.

Thank you for all your help :-)