Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

need furniture taking to uk. from costa brava.

need furniture taking to uk. from costa brava.

Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

john daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant future
Default need furniture taking to uk. from costa brava.

Am moving back to uk. from costa brava and need household goods taking back to west country. Any suggestions please? regards j. d.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need furniture taking to uk. from costa brava.

Originally Posted by john daly
Am moving back to uk. from costa brava and need household goods taking back to west country. Any suggestions please? regards j. d.
Go to the free beer thread and use one of the one way van hire companies?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

john daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant futurejohn daly has a brilliant future

CHEAPEST QUOTE £950. GEAR IS NOT WORTH A LOT MORE THAN THAT SO AM LOOKING FOR ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS. REGARDS J. D.

Last edited by john daly; Dec 14th 2009 at 2:08 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

CHEAPEST QUOTE £950. GEAR IS NOT WORTH A LOT MORE THAN THAT SO AM LOOKING FOR ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS. REGARDS J. D.
Well .... it might be helpful if you gave us an idea of what volume you are talking about, I thought you were talking aboout a few boxes. What cubic meterage are you talking about.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Speak to Vicki of Breakwells, here http://www.breakwells.com/welcome2/staff1.html we use them all the time, the pallets rate is excellent, weekly trips,
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well .... it might be helpful if you gave us an idea of what volume you are talking about, I thought you were talking aboout a few boxes. What cubic meterage are you talking about.
Thanks for your interest, the effects would fit in a standard transit van. (sorry for being vauge) regards j.d.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

Have sent you a personal message John
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:30 pm
Small member

Location: Born in Barnsley, now in Stoke, heading to Cavafria
evilroyslade is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to get a similar quantity/type of goods going the other way - Midlands UK to just outside Alicante. My best quote so far was about £1k so if there is a better/cheaper way, I would be interested in finding it too.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:48 pm
Senior Moment

Well my answer would be for you to contact one of the one way van people. Hire a van for 2 days and run it down yourself. When I moved here we took a luton lwb and the return journey iirc including rental was around £1500. The re load van hire people you find on the CB News will be aiming at about £75 - £90 a cbm
Old Dec 21st 2009, 3:01 pm
Small member

Thanks, Mitzyboy. I have done the trip previously when a friend moved out. The difference now is the Plymouth to Santander or Bilbao ferry price - £1100 alone for van plus 2! That took us a week to do the return trip. I have done it driving down through France too but that took forever. I just wondered if the previous poster who sent a private message to the original enquirer might have a good/new idea going?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

You could try this one. They move plant around normally and have a good rep but they do removals and part loads at around £60 per m3. Mostly UK, France and Spain either way.

Hope it is ok to put this email on the forum [email protected]

I have no connection with them but have been recommended to them so will use them in March.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:31 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by evilroyslade
Thanks, Mitzyboy. I have done the trip previously when a friend moved out. The difference now is the Plymouth to Santander or Bilbao ferry price - £1100 alone for van plus 2! That took us a week to do the return trip. I have done it driving down through France too but that took forever. I just wondered if the previous poster who sent a private message to the original enquirer might have a good/new idea going?

Through Dover and down through Lyon , perpignan etc is 2 days drive if you stop overnight, 24 hours straight through
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 8:41 am
Small member

Thanks for that, people. And I shall get in touch with that firm, Campolife - much cheaper than the best I had found on my own.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evilroyslade
Thanks for that, people. And I shall get in touch with that firm, Campolife - much cheaper than the best I had found on my own.
Can you give a link to this Campolife.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:01 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Can you give a link to this Campolife.
Campolife is the poster who gave the link above

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.