Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

need to buy a DVD HELP !!

need to buy a DVD HELP !!

Old May 6th 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of
Default need to buy a DVD HELP !!

Hello Spanish forum,

I am in Benalmadena for another 8 weeks and i am renting an apartment that only has Spanish TV. Very entertaining after a couple of beers but sometimes I just want to watch a bit of something I fully understand. No point in fitting sky as it is not my apartment and only for 8 weeks. Can anyone help me in buying a DVD player so i can at least hire some and have a good old night in when sunburnt !!. I just want something cheap and cheerful, only to watch DVDs I will be chucking it in the bin when I leave. Can anyone suggest any shops any will be gratefully received. If anyone is moving home and selling one please let me know, or if you have 2 can I rent one from you.

Thanks a lot
J
Old May 6th 2009, 5:13 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: need to buy a DVD HELP !!

Originally Posted by sadieb
Hello Spanish forum,

I am in Benalmadena for another 8 weeks and i am renting an apartment that only has Spanish TV. Very entertaining after a couple of beers but sometimes I just want to watch a bit of something I fully understand. No point in fitting sky as it is not my apartment and only for 8 weeks. Can anyone help me in buying a DVD player so i can at least hire some and have a good old night in when sunburnt !!. I just want something cheap and cheerful, only to watch DVDs I will be chucking it in the bin when I leave. Can anyone suggest any shops any will be gratefully received. If anyone is moving home and selling one please let me know, or if you have 2 can I rent one from you.

Thanks a lot
J
Get your bum down to Carrefour. The last time I was there (the other day) they had some for about 35 euros.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CBANDY
Get your bum down to Carrefour. The last time I was there (the other day) they had some for about 35 euros.
Thanks a lot, my bum will on it's way there. Is the nearest carrefour Torremolinos way or should I be heading the other way.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:21 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Thanks a lot, my bum will on it's way there. Is the nearest carrefour Torremolinos way or should I be heading the other way.
Cant help you with that i´m afraid. I live on the costa blanca.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The one in Torre is probable the nearest, but there is one in Miramar outside shopping center in Fuengirola.
Carrafour has changed its name now, it is Portugeezer owned, forgot the name though.
Old May 6th 2009, 9:46 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

http://www.carrefouronline.carrefour...egado=nivel6_1
Old May 7th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks for that link, jesus is the cheapest one they have 149 euros or am I a numpty and missing something !!
Old May 7th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Thanks for that link, jesus is the cheapest one they have 149 euros or am I a numpty and missing something !!
It has been reduced too!
Also, the ones shown are DVD recorders. They have normal players for 30-40 euros!
Old May 7th 2009, 11:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore my bit about Fuengirola, it was Boulangers there that changed their name. doh.
They have cheapies in there too, some players have usb connection for playing your mp3 or 4 through. ;-)
Old May 7th 2009, 2:38 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I gave the link please look further at the given link and you would have found these. Now I am outside Carrefour let me know which one you want and I will buy it, Come around to yours and install same. Then in 8 weeks time remove it for you and take it to the green disposal yard. Now did you want fries with that last order.Simples.If you want to compare meerkats try the link under the DVD link below.

http://www.carrefouronline.carrefour...egado=nivel5_1

http://www.comparethemeerkat.com/home

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 7th 2009 at 2:42 pm.
Old May 8th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Ignore my bit about Fuengirola, it was Boulangers there that changed their name. doh.
They have cheapies in there too, some players have usb connection for playing your mp3 or 4 through. ;-)
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it
Old May 8th 2009, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I gave the link please look further at the given link and you would have found these. Now I am outside Carrefour let me know which one you want and I will buy it, Come around to yours and install same. Then in 8 weeks time remove it for you and take it to the green disposal yard. Now did you want fries with that last order.Simples.If you want to compare meerkats try the link under the DVD link below.

http://www.carrefouronline.carrefour...egado=nivel5_1

http://www.comparethemeerkat.com/home
AH! sarcasm, you just can´t beat it, I have missed that living in Australia for years. Yes I would be more than happy for you to do as you have asked, just pick one that you would be able to install easy enough, let me know what time you are coming around I´ll pop the kettle on or you can have a cold beer (I´m very flexible) especially when someone is as kind as you.
No thanks to the fries, I have more respect for my body.
It is cloudy in Benalmadena today so I will wait in for you just ring the buzzer when you get here we also have underground parking so no problem with your car. Also bring any kids you have along as we are on the beach front so they can have a paddle. See you later and thanks.