Reload this Page >

Need an advice about renting a property remontely

Need an advice about renting a property remontely

Old May 12th 2021, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need an advice about renting a property remontely

Hi All,

In the next few weeks I'll be moving from the UK to Alicante, I've found a property on Idealista which I would like to rent.
In brief...the agent sent me a video (she went there especially to take the video) of the property which I like, after that the agent sent me a rental agreement for me to sign and send to her and asked me to transfer the agency fee+the property deposit to secure the property.
1. I'm not comftarble with transfering this kind of money to someone that I don't know but unfortunately I need to find and secure a property to rent before I arrive to Alicante, What is considered acceptable to do in this case (in Spain) ?
2. Does anyone know or had any experience with Weperty consulting SL agency in Alicante?

Thanks

Old May 12th 2021, 8:46 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need an advice about renting a property remontely

The property may not be as nice as it appears in photos & video. You may not like the neighbours / neighbourhood. I would go and visit before signing a contract.
Old May 12th 2021, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandm4n
Hi All,

In the next few weeks I'll be moving from the UK to Alicante, I've found a property on Idealista which I would like to rent.
In brief...the agent sent me a video (she went there especially to take the video) of the property which I like, after that the agent sent me a rental agreement for me to sign and send to her and asked me to transfer the agency fee+the property deposit to secure the property.
1. I'm not comftarble with transfering this kind of money to someone that I don't know but unfortunately I need to find and secure a property to rent before I arrive to Alicante, What is considered acceptable to do in this case (in Spain) ?
2. Does anyone know or had any experience with Weperty consulting SL agency in Alicante?

Thanks
Do you know anyone in the area who you could trust to go and look for you?

Alternatively as you are moving over here, will you be using the services of a Gestor to do your paperwork?
If so maybe they could look at it for you.

As said so many times here, you should never trust any agent with the information they give you.
They are not on your side, 99.9% of them are just after the money.

Ive just looked at them and they only have 1 review on Google and its a 1 star. Be careful, very careful.

Last edited by Barriej; May 12th 2021 at 9:56 pm.
Old May 13th 2021, 2:41 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

This company was registered 03.09.2020, see here WEPERTY CONSULTING SL: Phone number, VAT number, and Address (infoempresa.com)
Old May 13th 2021, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you book an AirBnB to get you started - arrive here and then look - there are loads to rent at the moment and prices are down so it's a renters market - hence the agent sending you the vid pre Covid (when they were in short supply) this would not have happened.

I live in Alicante and my friend has been trying to rent her apartment for a few weeks and I know others so I know the market.

I do not know the agency so I cannot comment on them.

I assume you have the rights/visa to live here?
Old May 13th 2021, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barriej

Ive just looked at them and they only have 1 review on Google and its a 1 star. Be careful, very careful.
Could you please attach a link for the review? I haven't found any review about them.

Thanks
Old May 13th 2021, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico
I suggest you book an AirBnB to get you started - arrive here and then look - there are loads to rent at the moment and prices are down so it's a renters market - hence the agent sending you the vid pre Covid (when they were in short supply) this would not have happened.
I had to wait a week for the video as the agent had to wait so it will be vacant from the previous tenants to take the video, that was on the 1st of May.
Old May 13th 2021, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barriej
As said so many times here, you should never trust any agent with the information they give you.
They are not on your side, 99.9% of them are just after the money.

The agent asked me to transfer the deposit to the agency bank account to secure the house and once I get to Alicante I'll setlle the agency fee and first month rent,how risky is that?
Is it common in Spain that agencies (registered agencies) scams renters in a way that they take the deposit and disappear?

Thanks

Old May 13th 2021, 1:41 pm
Started off with nothing

The agent asked me to transfer the deposit to the agency bank account to secure the house and once I get to Alicante I'll setlle the agency fee and first month rent,how risky is that?
Is it common in Spain that agencies (registered agencies) scams renters in a way that they take the deposit and disappear?

Thanks
My near neighbour ran a well respected EA for several years. Had the whole family working for him. Spent more than he earned. The company folded and he did a runner with several clients' deposits and owners' rental income. He started a new company in Malaga.
Old May 13th 2021, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes people have been scammed like this

This has been updated today

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-b...nt=immediately
Old May 13th 2021, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico
Yes people have been scammed like this

This has been updated today

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-b...nt=immediately

Thank you for the helpful link
Old May 13th 2021, 5:15 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Like so many who ask for advice when all they really want is conformation of their choice .................
The message from the members is clear, avoid !
Old May 14th 2021, 9:27 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Having read the Govt. link, I find this suspicious. As advised, walk away, rent an AirBnB for a couple of months, and search for a rental on the spot. In addition to the deposit issue, you can't possibly get a "feel" of the place from a video, nor have any idea of the neighbours' habits/barking dogs.....
Old May 17th 2021, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

My advice is do not rent (pay anything) before you get there , theres hundreds a year who get ripped off doing what you are talking about , better to book a week to 10 days in a hotel and have a look around and find an established estate agent .
Old May 17th 2021, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...on%20documents.

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...-costa-blanca/