Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Naughty's Stay or Go? Sweepstake anyone?

Naughty's Stay or Go? Sweepstake anyone?

Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naughty's Stay or Go? Sweepstake anyone?

Originally Posted by vox populia
SUBJECTIVE RUMOURS HAVE IT FROM MY NEIGHBOUR IS THAT SHE ACTUALLY DIDN'T GO TO SPAIN?
you really are a nasty cold person.
And i would love to met you and actually show you what i think of you.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Do you know what? I only signed on to this thread because the title intrigued me as living in France and contemplating leaving I wondered about someone in the same position. I have no idea how long you were there Miss Naughty but you know if something isn't right and you shouldn't be beaten up for it. I think if you had felt at home then anything that had gone wrong you would have dealt with it there, so the fact that you couldn't means that maybe it isn't the right time or place for you. Shame you have to start all over again, but you will have learnt from this. As far as the rumours on this site, those that have been spiteful should be ashamed of themselves and actually it is people like you why we want to leave France. There is nothing like two-faced expats!!!

It's been alot of upheaval for Miss Naughty and if you haven't got anything supportive to say, why not say nothing at all?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carla-trev
Do you know what? I only signed on to this thread because the title intrigued me as living in France and contemplating leaving I wondered about someone in the same position. I have no idea how long you were there Miss Naughty but you know if something isn't right and you shouldn't be beaten up for it. I think if you had felt at home then anything that had gone wrong you would have dealt with it there, so the fact that you couldn't means that maybe it isn't the right time or place for you. Shame you have to start all over again, but you will have learnt from this. As far as the rumours on this site, those that have been spiteful should be ashamed of themselves and actually it is people like you why we want to leave France. There is nothing like two-faced expats!!!

It's been alot of upheaval for Miss Naughty and if you haven't got anything supportive to say, why not say nothing at all?
Hi
Hubby and i were talking and we agree in fate, Yes we have had a shit 5 weeks some fun times when we stayed on the coast, and we have lost everything and yes i put my hands up and have realised i have messed up.
The kids are adjusting again to being back. Hubbys grandad dies on saturday so the spain thing to us in unimportant we were just lucky we had a chance to see his grandad before he passed as we were very close.
And if it meant we had to have a crap 5 weeks to teach us a lesson or for whatever reason our fate was. We are here when we are most needed and i would do it another 100 times if it meant we were here.

thank you for your kind words and believe me there are some very nasty ppl on here.
As i have said before i would hardly waste my time talking on here about spain for god knows how long if we were wasting time or lying. one thing hubby and i are not and that is liars.
If i wanted to spend hours chatting i would be on msn or other chat rooms.
My experiance of be has gone down a hell of a lot, with the thought of ppl who i thought cared and was helpful are actually two faced piss takers.

To this poster who only come on to see this thread, i would like thank you for your kindnees and i hope you are loving france xxxxxxx
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi

I really feel for you. However, no, we are not loving France and that is the reason I wanted to see what this thread was about. The reason we want to leave after two years - being back stabbed by people we thought were our friends and going from having a large social circle last summer to no-one this summer because at the end of the day other expats are all jealous and think that we are "raking the money in". If only! I can't bear it here anymore, everyone knows everyone else's business and when I see petty little rumour mongers on a website being spiteful because they have nothing else to say then I feel obliged to speak up. Having said that, we are now considering Australia! Have you thought about going anywhere else other than Spain in the future?

It must be a very difficult time for your OH at the moment with his grandad dying but you are all together and it is times like this we need people to lean on - obviously not the idiots on this site who have nothing better to do than run others down.

Take care,

Carla
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:59 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Ah Miss Naughty don't let us get to you. As one of those who wondered if the whole thing was a wind up, it wan't in any nasty or offensive way.
It was just that so many of us have the house, spend time over there, are making sure that all the snags are sorted, and considering we may one day live out there. There are others, mainly the retired ones, who just do it.
Following your tales of preparation and the posts about your trip, to hear that it has suddenly gone pear shaped, for private but mysterious reasons, has us all intrigued. If only to hear about your pitfalls so that we can all avoid making them ourselves.
I don't think any of us takes any joy in your catastrophe...but a mystery is a mystery and we are all human and intrigued to know what really happened.
Glad you are bouncing back though...take care..
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Well said Carla-Trev

Yes ...Miss Naughty needs support at this time.....! She has been through a hell of alot and has learnt valuable lessons along the way.

It upsets me that there are some nasty and thoughtless folks on here, I have tried to ignore the comments - felt that I wasn't going to be drawn in to something so negative, when the comments where not even constructive !

Miss Naughty can take a joke....and is a lovely person. She didn't deserve all this...it's like being a childrens playground!!!!

Anyway, off me soap box now !!

I'm just so glad that you and the family are ok chick.....

Take care hun xxxxxx
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

I really feel for you. However, no, we are not loving France and that is the reason I wanted to see what this thread was about. The reason we want to leave after two years - being back stabbed by people we thought were our friends and going from having a large social circle last summer to no-one this summer because at the end of the day other expats are all jealous and think that we are "raking the money in". If only! I can't bear it here anymore, everyone knows everyone else's business and when I see petty little rumour mongers on a website being spiteful because they have nothing else to say then I feel obliged to speak up. Having said that, we are now considering Australia! Have you thought about going anywhere else other than Spain in the future?

It must be a very difficult time for your OH at the moment with his grandad dying but you are all together and it is times like this we need people to lean on - obviously not the idiots on this site who have nothing better to do than run others down.

Take care,

Carla
Hi Carla,

So gutted that it hasn't worked out for you hun. Let us know how the plans for Australia go...how exciting! Is it just you and your OH or is there children involved?

It was so interesting what you said about the social circle and the other ex-pats being petty and not trustworthy ! We are in a very small town, with a third of it's 20,000 being made up of other Europeans. Moved here in June (and love it by the way)

I had a conversation with my hairdresser (sorry English...have tried a Spanish hairdresser but my Spanish is too limited, and wasn't happy with it).
Anyway she was saying that she was so surprised at the gossipers, the jealous people, the ones who like nothing better to do than run others down. Therefore she's learnt from a bad experience who to steer clear of

I know there are many people like it all over, but when you come to live in a foreign country....you obviously mix with English aswell....some of them you wouldn't have had anything in common with if you were in the UK. For the most part this is great...but there are some people that are not as nice as you think. I have been warned to chose friends wisely...and keep private things to yourself.

I am an open book and this is quite hard, and quite upsetting really. But hey....love it out here and luckily have great friends (only a few) and am still looking forward to making Spanish friends - once I can string a couple of sentences together .

Hope your plans for a change happen and it works out for you

Mich x
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi

Take care,

Carla
Hi,
Sorry you are feeling low totally understand.
Thing is we love spain and will go back in about 2 years, We just had some very bad luck and some personal stuff that happened.
We cant disclose it as it is not something we want to discuss in full.
thing is on here there are others who get off on ppls misfortunes naming no names (VP)
We have not given up and intend not to it was just not our time.
Keep in touch it would be nice to know how you are doing xxxxxx
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone,
I have been watching this thread and feel that maybe it might be best for everyone if this thread now reached its conclusion. I feel we all must allow the naughties time to come to terms with what has happened to them and wondering about what some people are writing about them can't help. They are also mourning a loved one so they must be feeling highly emotional at the moment.I for one wish them well and will no longer be clicking into this thread.

Sue
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
hi everyone,
I have been watching this thread and feel that maybe it might be best for everyone if this thread now reached its conclusion. I feel we all must allow the naughties time to come to terms with what has happened to them and wondering about what some people are writing about them can't help. They are also mourning a loved one so they must be feeling highly emotional at the moment.I for one wish them well and will no longer be clicking into this thread.

Sue
Me too....think thats the best thing.

Our thoughts are with the Naughties x
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Agree.....Keep in touch Miss Naughty, and all the best
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vox populia
SUBJECTIVE RUMOURS HAVE IT FROM MY NEIGHBOUR IS THAT SHE ACTUALLY DIDN'T GO TO SPAIN?
Honestly, can you stop being so unkind, you seem to have this pompous atitude to certain people on here, it's not neccasary, if you cant be nice say nothing at all. Celebrate diversity, dont judge it!
You only get back what you give out. If you want help on this site try and make friends, dont be unkind, it's just cruel behaviour.

with respect

mary
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:42 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

I've often looked in on this forum for a long time and this thread is the only one that has really urged me on to sign up. I can't believe how nasty some people have been on here. Miss naughty I really feel for you, but it is a fact that most people who move to Spain return within the first year with their pockets much much lighter. Its nothing to be ashamed of there are many people in Spain who are spiteful, nasty, rip-off merchants, con-artists and plain old back stabbers. Believe me in the six years I lived there I met plenty of them. I've even met them cyberly on another forum were I was completely slated just for being honest. The problem is when people have there sangria goggles on they only see the nice things about Spain but do not want to hear any negatives but for those who think that its all "stress free" "living the dream" "sun sea and saangria" think again. I read a post on here who said that Spain was stress free and another poster contradicted by saying that his life was far from stress free living without electricty with two youngs kids. Well I can totally sympathise with that seeing as I lived without electricty and running water for two years. I had nothing but stress for years. Ripped off by estate agents, "el presidents" from communities, etc The bureaucracy of Spain was enough to send anyone to the mental institution. As for nasty expats I met plenty, I cant really remember meeting anyone sincere in all the years I lived there. The latest that I've heard back, is that my next door neighbours has been spreading around that I starved and battered my daughter, what a lovely thing to have said about you behind your back. I've got a house that I know is going to be a complete nightmare to sell that I havent even tried. A daughter whos self esteem has been damaged so much from all the beatings, name calling, verbal abuse she received from the nasty racist children of Spain on a daily basis. Thats its taken months to get her near normal.
As for rip off mechanics miss naughty I understand where your coming from 6 cars in 3 years all seized up thousands of euros down the drain.
Well I'm as happy as larry in England of course there are stresses but where isnt there? I can handle my stresses now as there are ways to overcome them, we both have jobs we both enjoy our jobs. We don't have much but we have a darn sight more than we did in Spain. Yes we have to pay council tax but at least its being used by the councils and not just lining the pockets of all the currupt councillors of the ayuntamientos. Yes fags are dearer well boo hoo you have to pay more to give yourself lung cancer (well I don't as I don't smoke) as for sunshine there is plenty where I am. Its not gloomy or grey its beautiful, lovely green lush fields, great parks, wonderful shops and free day outs We went to London zoo on saturday for free just for shopping in tescos. Vibrant places and great people who have manners. My daughter can go to school without fear and when she gets there she doesnt have to walk around by herself all day as she has loads of friends. I've made loads of friends the place isnt full of back stabbing bitter expats. I love my life in England and only wish I'd realised as soon as miss naughty did rather than waste six years of my precious life in such a place.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I think under the circumstances it is better to draw this thread to a conclusion as it seems all has been said on the matter.

On another note, please remember that we need to hear the good and the bad experiences so we are all better prepared for lives as expats. After all, that is what this site is for, to share experiences and learn from each other.

Thank You

Sue