Name and shame

Old Jan 26th 2015, 11:42 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Name and shame

Hi,

I would like to warn others regarding what I consider to be very poor after sales service from Don De in Ciudad Quesada. DON de Baños de Elite - Ciudad Quesada, Alicante, Spain | Yelp

We purchased an expensive Carron Phoenix granite sink from them. Their fitter broke the corner off, whilst fitting and glued it together. We complained and were told not their problem as they subcontracted installation to a third party.

We purchased a bathroom from them. After 12 months the doors on the cabinet split. They said this was due to damp conditions in our bathroom and not their problem.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name and shame

Do a complaints form
Firms hate them, and will probably sort the problem quickly
Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

They are correct in that it is the third party who is to blame. This seems to be a get out when buying and having anything fitted.

Friends in the village bought an entire kitchen from Ikea and paid for fitting at the same time. The fitters made a terrible hash of the countertops, where they joined together they didn't meet with a gap showing and they overcut the hole for the cooker top so there was a gap about 5mm wide at one side of the hob.

When they complained to Ikea, eventually they sent someone to inspect the work, but again it wasn't their problem, it was the third party kitchen fitters whom they subcontract to.

Never pay a a shop to fit your expensive purchases, employ somebody you trust and whose work you can check before hand-even for the biggest of shops!
Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:40 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

It should be the person who you pay who is responsible for the end product however it doesn't surprise me one bit that that might not be the case in Spain.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
It should be the person who you pay who is responsible for the end product however it doesn't surprise me one bit that that might not be the case in Spain.
I do not know the current position but it was the same in the UK if third party fitters were involved when buying a Magnet kitchen.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I do not know the current position but it was the same in the UK if third party fitters were involved when buying a Magnet kitchen.
Not entirely the case - in the UK, if your only contract is with the dealer to 'supply & fit' then you have recourse to the dealer, even if they have sub-contracted. If, however, you agreed a separate contract for fitting then the situation could be different. Arguably the dealer is still responsible since they acted as the agent for the fitter but they might argue that your contract was with the fitter in which case you need to sue them.
This should be - but often isn't - the case in most EU countries as commercial contract law is being harmonised. But it sounds like Spain is still unenlightened to customer service!

However, IFAIR, Ikea make point of telling you that delivery and installation is the customer's responsibility at various points in the store before you complete the purchase. Certainly that is true in the UK and ISTR the Ikea in Seville has the same notices (in Spanish :-) )

Last edited by MikeJ; Jan 27th 2015 at 7:09 am.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 11:16 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Not entirely the case - in the UK, if your only contract is with the dealer to 'supply & fit' then you have recourse to the dealer, even if they have sub-contracted. If, however, you agreed a separate contract for fitting then the situation could be different. Arguably the dealer is still responsible since they acted as the agent for the fitter but they might argue that your contract was with the fitter in which case you need to sue them.
This should be - but often isn't - the case in most EU countries as commercial contract law is being harmonised. But it sounds like Spain is still unenlightened to customer service!

However, IFAIR, Ikea make point of telling you that delivery and installation is the customer's responsibility at various points in the store before you complete the purchase. Certainly that is true in the UK and ISTR the Ikea in Seville has the same notices (in Spanish :-) )
Old Jan 28th 2015, 9:09 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ

Far be it from me to defend Spain, and I agree with your sentiments.

Nonetheless, I've seen a generally remarkable improvement in customer services in the past few years. I can only speculate that people are hungrier nowadays, and are realising they can't afford to lose a single customer, and also perhaps with the elimination of "guaranteed employment", perhaps people just take their jobs more seriously.

But I still find a few paltry examples of customer service - as though they couldn't care less if they never see you again. I can only speculate that bad habits die hard.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 10:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I had a kitchen planned out and supplied by Magnet last year. I employed third party fitters. When the fitters came to fit the kitchen we discovered the work tops (wooden, oak) were 30 cms too short for the unit run. When I contacted Magnet they said they dont give refunds on kitchen units, and that I had seen the plans so shopuld have known. The fact that they supplied a work surface too short for the units based on their plans seemed to escape them. They suggested I cut a bit off the other work surface and glue it on the end.