Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

N.I.E number and residency

N.I.E number and residency

Old May 8th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all
Default N.I.E number and residency

Jhave looked in the Free beer thread,and i want to know that the N.I.E form in there,is it the latest up to date one.I have got to go to Elche Police station tomorrow to get these 2 things sorted and thought i might save some time by d/ loading that form.Has anyone had to do this recently,i have heard that its best to get there about 6 am.......does this sound right?
Old May 8th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: N.I.E number and residency

You need this form for the certificate of registration:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_16.pdf

and this one:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_14.pdf

for the NIE number.

I assume these are the same links as on the free beer thread but I haven't checked.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

Thanks for that Beachcomber,hopefully that makes life a little bit easier!! Just have to fill the bloody things out now!
Old May 8th 2008, 12:44 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Just had to get a duplicate of my NIE paper, same routine.
In Alicante, turned up at 08.30 doors opened up at 09.00. A guy handed out 50 numbers & that was it any one else, bugger off & try again next day.
Took about 3/4 hour to get to the front of the queue. I was nummber 37.
06.00 seems a bit early but can't hurt, take a chair
Old May 8th 2008, 2:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo
In Alicante, turned up at 08.30 doors opened up at 09.00. A guy handed out 50 numbers & that was it any one else, bugger off & try again next day.
Took about 3/4 hour to get to the front of the queue. I was nummber 37.
06.00 seems a bit early but can't hurt, take a chair
A lot of them in my area are doing appointment only now though.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
A lot of them in my area are doing appointment only now though.
Did similar in Gandia last week. Arrived at around 9am and they were all milling around outside with someone handing out numbers. We got no 34. Then they opened the doors and we got inside to find seats. Felt really sorry for another English couple who rushed inside straight to the number 1 spot, infront of the guy doing the business, only to find that they hadn't got a number as they didn't know !!! Nothing outside to inform anyone what to do. They ended up with a number well into the fifties. We were still waiting at 12:30 when another couple leaving, gave us one of their tickets, as they had taken one each just to be sure. The actual 'consultation' took around 4 mins. We handed in the forms and photos and were told to come back in 10 days to pick up the documents. Not necessary to get a number for that though - just go to the front - he says !!!!!!! We are back in England now for a week so someone is collecting them for us. They gave us a little bit of paper with the police stamp on it as proof that we were 'in the system' and it was sufficient for the Town Hall when we got the Empadronamentos, and for the garage when we bought a car. All in all, we had a good week and got done what we wanted to do, so hope it all works out for you guys also.
Tony.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:35 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Grebo
In Alicante, turned up at 08.30 doors opened up at 09.00.
Where is the office that currently issues NIE's and EU residency certificates? Is it the one where the Thursday market has moved to (near the stadium)?