Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My thoughts on moving back to the UK

My thoughts on moving back to the UK

Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My thoughts on moving back to the UK

Originally Posted by JLFS

That is all very true, I reckon if you have nothing good to say about the UK, then you have notheing to say, period.
You'll appreciate this JLFS, it's a thread about a Spanish guy ashamed of fellow Spanish going to UK, Edinburgh in this case, just for the benefits despite never having worked there.
http://www.spaniards.es/foros/2009/1...oles-edimburgo
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:53 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
You'll appreciate this JLFS, it's a thread about a Spanish guy ashamed of fellow Spanish going to UK, Edinburgh in this case, just for the benefits despite never having worked there.
http://www.spaniards.es/foros/2009/1...oles-edimburgo
Surprisingly enough (not) it's claimed that Brits do the same in Spain. I wonder if those of us who try to earn a living have been prime mugs?

Hola,
vivo actualmente en un pueblo de Murcia y conozco varios casos de britanicos que han venido a vivir aqui hace ya anhos y que nunca han trabajado en Espanha, y estan recibiendo un subsidio mensual de 400 euros por ser mayores de 45 anhos y tener hijos menores de 16 anhos y estar desempleados.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:28 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Surprisingly enough (not) it's claimed that Brits do the same in Spain. I wonder if those of us who try to earn a living have been prime mugs?
Well whoever posted that quote of yours does not have correct info.

The only ones older than 45 who can claim this benefit are
Spanish retornados from other countires, or released from jail or detox, everyone else can claim when their dole quota has been used up.

So that means they they have had to have worked and paid into the system, so the guy you quoted is talking rubbish.

Here is the link below as to what is available and the criteria that has to be met.

http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/...7006/index.htm

Could he be a Spanish Troll??
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering whether the Mystery Effect JFLS is speaking of... Of Spanish incomers (to use his word) not being accepted but British ones being welcomed could have another reason.
The type of Brits are more likely to buy in small villages are precisely those who actively want to integrate.
Whereas (and this is my experience here) The rich Spanish from the cities, In this case Seville and Huelva will move to the villages to retire, or just for part time living (keeping their city houses). Possibly with no intention of integrating with the campurrianos they possibly even look down on.
In my village there are many 'Sevillanos' who aren't integrated and who are lumped together by the locals as just that. 'Los Sevillanos' We, 'Los ingleses' on the other hand.. are lucky to be the only ones. Seen as a bit nutty, hard working, not here because we're rich!! And, though not as outgoing as the local Spanish, actively part of the village. And I guess a good subject for gossip, none of which we much mind!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:33 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I wonder if those of us who try to earn a living have been prime mugs?
No. Usually we lead a better life, we are more aspirational and strive to improve our lot.

Try doing that on the social. Any chance of getting a mortgage?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
The type of Brits are more likely to buy in small villages are precisely those who actively want to integrate.

Whereas (and this is my experience here) The rich Spanish from the cities, will move to the villages to retire, or just for part time living (keeping their city houses). Possibly with no intention of integrating with the campurrianos they possibly even look down on.

We, 'Los ingleses' on the other hand.. are lucky to be the only ones. Seen as a bit nutty, hard working, not here because we're rich!! And, though not as outgoing as the local Spanish, actively part of the village. And I guess a good subject for gossip, none of which we much mind!
You could be describing us and our hamlet/village Angie.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:16 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
You could be describing us and our hamlet/village Angie.
And us, and our village!