British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   My road trip to Alicante... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/my-road-trip-alicante-938760/)

Sandm4n May 27th 2021 8:54 am

Re: My road trip to Alicante...

Originally Posted by terrygriff (Post 13011035)
Hi Sandm4n, quick question about how much your animal health certificate cost, was it £160GBP for the standard form or did you have some vaccinations as part of that cost?

Asking as we hope to travel with 3 dogs in October so trying to understand the costs.

Cheers

The £160 was only for the health check and documents, no vaccination required if you vaccinate your dogs regulary.

Alfonsocolli May 29th 2021 9:34 am

Thanks for the heads up Sandman, well done!
although no one stopped you, did you still apply for a customs clearance document, together with an itemised packing list.
and did you also apply for the NIE before hand.
as I've been told I need the above in order to enter Spain as well as having to pay 21% tax on my personal belongings.
And finally, did your dog get a rabies vaccine as well?
We are planning to move in October
TIA

Sandm4n May 29th 2021 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli (Post 13011860)
Thanks for the heads up Sandman, well done!
although no one stopped you, did you still apply for a customs clearance document, together with an itemised packing list.
and did you also apply for the NIE before hand.
as I've been told I need the above in order to enter Spain as well as having to pay 21% tax on my personal belongings.
And finally, did your dog get a rabies vaccine as well?
We are planning to move in October
TIA

I didn't apply for any customs clearance, not in Spain and not in France (I preapered a packing list but nobody asked for it), I applied only for a NIE (which nobody asked me to present) in the Spanish embassy in Manchester and recieved it 10 days later.
There was no border control/passport check point or anything a like when I passed to Spain from France.
I vaccinate my dog regularly so there was no need for any vaccination for him, only a health check.

Alfonsocolli May 29th 2021 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sandm4n (Post 13011917)
I didn't apply for any customs clearance, not in Spain and not in France (I preapered a packing list but nobody asked for it), I applied only for a NIE (which nobody asked me to present) in the Spanish embassy in Manchester and recieved it 10 days later.
There was no border control/passport check point or anything a like when I passed to Spain from France.
I vaccinate my dog regularly so there was no need for any vaccination for him, only a health check.

Well done mate
I wish you all the best in Spain 🙏.
Hope it works out for you there.

Sandm4n May 30th 2021 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli (Post 13012029)
Well done mate
I wish you all the best in Spain 🙏.
Hope it works out for you there.

Thank you, I wish you the same.

DLC May 30th 2021 2:13 pm

You need residency, not just a simple NIE (white A4 letter), to avoid having to pay customs charges on what you bring in to Spain.

So if you are stopped by Aduanas, you need to show either the green certficate/TIE or the resguardo to get one.

Good luck!

xande Oct 5th 2021 8:49 am

Thanks for the update Sandm4n - hope it's all working out!

Please can anyone who managed to get an NIE appointment in the UK PM me how they asked for it and what proof they provided that they needed one? I initially said it was for a house purchase and I was told it's only valid for 3 months so they wouldn't issue one unless I show proof of a deposit on a property, which I don't have. So hoping there's another way.

Thanks!

Rosemary Oct 5th 2021 9:18 am

Originally Posted by xande (Post 13058702)

Please can anyone who managed to get an NIE appointment in the UK PM me how they asked for it and what proof they provided that they needed one? I initially said it was for a house purchase and I was told it's only valid for 3 months so they wouldn't issue one unless I show proof of a deposit on a property, which I don't have. So hoping there's another way.

Thanks!

I suggest that you open a new thread with this question.

Rosemary

Alfonsocolli Oct 5th 2021 9:33 am

Originally Posted by xande (Post 13058702)

Thanks!

Hi
There are 3 options.

1. You do it yourself through the spanish embassy in the UK.
2. You give power of attorney to a Spanish lawyer in Spain and they do it for you in advance/before you arrive in Spain.
3. You do it yourself once you're in Spain, but I would advise booking the appoint well in advance, as in certain areas it takes up to 2 months for an appointment.

And as far as I know, the NIE does not have an expiry date.

Hope this helps
​​