Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My missus says that......

My missus says that......

Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:38 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default My missus says that......

The size of the place we get is not as important as it would be in the UK as we will not be living in it all that much. Think I get where she is coming from with the sun terrace etc and got to wondering how much of the day is spent in your property and is she right. We have no kids so a two bedroom would probably do but I cannot get away from the idea of not having a third bedroom (computer room )

Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:52 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My missus says that......

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
The size of the place we get is not as important as it would be in the UK as we will not be living in it all that much. Think I get where she is coming from with the sun terrace etc and got to wondering how much of the day is spent in your property and is she right. We have no kids so a two bedroom would probably do but I cannot get away from the idea of not having a third bedroom (computer room )

Thanks
The truth of the matter is that you do spend alot of time outdoors. Well, except for July and August, where if you're not at the beach or splashing in a pool, the only thing you want to do is be in air-con surroundings.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:08 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
When we told our neighbour we were moving to Spain she said "well that will suit you as you live outside and they do that in Spain" We are outside during the warm weather as much as possible until late at night
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well we've only been here since October, but evrn in October and December we were spending a lot of time outside, eating and sitting watching the sunsets.

I'm guessing as it gets progressively warmer we will spend more and more time outside. Even in July and August we will have the pool to cool us down, and I'm wanting to build an outside kitchen somewhere.

I think your missus is right .... we certainly have a slightly smaller home internally than we did in the UK.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well we've only been here since October, but evrn in October and December we were spending a lot of time outside, eating and sitting watching the sunsets.

I'm guessing as it gets progressively warmer we will spend more and more time outside. Even in July and August we will have the pool to cool us down, and I'm wanting to build an outside kitchen somewhere.

I think your missus is right .... we certainly have a slightly smaller home internally than we did in the UK.
we went back to eating lunch on or open sun terrace today, first time since November, ahve been sitting on the closed terrace rest of the time, we decided because it has been so much warmer.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:06 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
we went back to eating lunch on or open sun terrace today, first time since November, ahve been sitting on the closed terrace rest of the time, we decided because it has been so much warmer.
we are still indoors with the heating full whack!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:45 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
we are still indoors with the heating full whack!
We are in the mountains so the temperature is cooler and weather more changeable, but even so there are very few days when we can't sit outside for at least an hour or two (apart from midsummer when it is too hot).

Having said that, our house is the same size as our English one, but it just happened that way, we didn't plan it. I think a couple could manage with a two-bed easily so long as there is outside space.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:15 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Smarty a huge patio is great.. but it can get windy so some blinds to keep out the worst of it can be vital, especially on the Costa de la Luz when the Levante blows. I would ge the third bedroom for the winter though...
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:15 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Well after living here or 12 years I really feel the cold. We have the heating on either gas or wood fire from around 5pm!

Personally I would go for the extra room if you can afford it. Its always usefull.

And you know what as women say about size!!!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:27 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Rixxy
Well after living here or 12 years I really feel the cold. We have the heating on either gas or wood fire from around 5pm!

Personally I would go for the extra room if you can afford it. Its always usefull.

And you know what as women say about size!!!
Ohh Rixxy...size is Sooooo important
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh Rixxy...size is Sooooo important

Nah .... quality
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:39 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Nah .... quality
Oh yes.....definitely
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

MY MISSUS SAYS THAT.......I should not stick it all in at once
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
MY MISSUS SAYS THAT.......I should not stick it all in at once
You will probably get a smack when she reads tonights posts ;-)
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:10 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Oh yes.....definitely
What wrong with both.....? Andy - you are a naughty boy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.