Reload this Page >

My Lawyer in Spain

My Lawyer in Spain

Old Aug 17th 2015, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

BlueSkies89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Lawyer in Spain

Hi,

I am thinking of using My Lawyer in Spain for my upcoming property purchase. Has anyone used them and have reviews on them?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Lawyer in Spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 18th 2015, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rosemary.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:04 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it's any consequence, but I've found most lawyers in Spain to be surprisingly uneducated about Spanish law, or conducting a convincing offence or defence.

I don't know if it's simply a matter of the continuously shifting laws in Spain, but there's no substitute for a personal referral from someone who's succesfully been down the same road you need to travel. Especially in Spain.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any personal experience with a company you would recommend? When you are parting with a lot of money you hope you are using someone reputable.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:35 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK one would be well advised to use a local solicitor recommended by a friend. May I suggest you do same in Spain.

If you state where you intend to purchase, I am sure someone will be able to advise you of who they used and whether they would recommend them.

Please be advised their is no direct equivalent to a solicitor in Spain or in mainland EU. Abogado is qualified to a higher standard than a Gestor. You do not have to use either and many do not. I would recommend that.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:36 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueSkies89
Thank you for your reply. Do you have any personal experience with a company you would recommend? When you are parting with a lot of money you hope you are using someone reputable.
Precisely.

I have some friends In the Valencian region who acted on my behalf as Gestors .
However in one particular case they recommended I should hire an Abogado.
I then asked them for a recommendation in this respect.

After considering it for quite a while they said the reputation of every single Abogado they knew of was so bad that they were simply unwilling to risk their own reputation by recommending one.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 2:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueSkies89
You dont say where you are
I have personal experience of an excellent lawyer who has been used by friends also. They are in Gandia though, Costa Blanca North. They have dealt with property purchase, property sale and recovery of witholding tax which meant me trusting them with the funds whilst I was no longer in Spain
Old Aug 19th 2015, 3:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You dont say where you are
I have personal experience of an excellent lawyer who has been used by friends also. They are in Gandia though, Costa Blanca North. They have dealt with property purchase, property sale and recovery of witholding tax which meant me trusting them with the funds whilst I was no longer in Spain
The only ones I could personaly recommend are also Costa Blanca North, based in Altea.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, we will be buying in the area between Mijas and Torremolinos. A friend went a show where an abogado from mylaywerinspain spoke so that is where they came in. Another friend recommended lawbird in Marbella and another had a good experience with Manzares.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Goldwinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Any chance you can let me know the name of the Lawyer in Gandia? Would it best to use a company that is large with many offices or doesn't that mean much?
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goldwinger
Any chance you can let me know the name of the Lawyer in Gandia? Would it best to use a company that is large with many offices or doesn't that mean much?
For sure

HOME - Gandia Lawyers - Carolina Just MirĂ³

Carolina Just Miro. She is not a large company, but able to personally deal with you which I find much better than dealing with a large company. From my experience she has a good relationship with many of the notarys in Gandia also.

Not shure if it helps you, but speaks perfect English as well
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
In the UK one would be well advised to use a local solicitor recommended by a friend. May I suggest you do same in Spain.

If you state where you intend to purchase, I am sure someone will be able to advise you of who they used and whether they would recommend them.

Please be advised their is no direct equivalent to a solicitor in Spain or in mainland EU. Abogado is qualified to a higher standard than a Gestor. You do not have to use either and many do not. I would recommend that.
Do you really recommend not using a solicitor for a property purchase in Spain?
That would be very risky !
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:31 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Do you really recommend not using a solicitor for a property purchase in Spain?
That would be very risky !
I would certainly recommend NOT using one - and frequently do.

Just like in UK, you simply don't need one.

An abogado will only give the work to a subordinate anyway - again, just like in UK. Provided they are good at conveyancing, what else do you need?

I agree that any Gestor should be affiliated with an abogado but don't simply use an abogado because you think they will give you better service - they won't (necessarily).
Old Aug 20th 2015, 7:34 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I agree that any Gestor should be affiliated with an abogado but don't simply use an abogado because you think they will give you better service - they won't (necessarily).
That surely depends on a lot, doesnt it, and I wouldnt agree that you simply dont need one.

Bottom line is that if you dont use an abogado and it all goes tits up (and that has happened so many times in Spain) then you havent done all that you can to lessen your risk. Therefore you cannnot complain if you get left with a big problem afterwards which might have repercussions for the rest of your life.

Its all about doing the best you can to ensure a smooth faultless transaction, and although I understand the Gestor thing, I personally would never advise anyone to shy away from going under the solicitor / abogado umbrella. In the UK a conveyencer isnt usually affiliated to a solicitor, they are more often than not employed by them.

Choices I guess. Having seen so much crap happening to people over the years I just think its a damage limitation thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.