Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My Dad's mobile home plan- can anyone help?

My Dad's mobile home plan- can anyone help?

Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Dad's mobile home plan- can anyone help?

Ive seen someone on another forum with a similar problem.when they bought through a site and the owners changed hands and didn't honour the contract

A great deal of care is needed when buying and siting a mobile home, and you must always I think use the same caution & legal backup as when purchasing a "bricks and mortar" property
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:42 am
Just Joined

magsharker is an unknown quantity at this point

we did quite a bit of checking but unfortunately the site we chose was a small one with mainly french residents, there was a new area being developed by <snip, please do not name and shame> so no one with a home recently sited to ask about them. From info received from the owners with homes sited in the past few months, everyone without exception has had long delays and heartache when dealing with this company, a number have also had to resort to consulting solicitors before any action. our solicitor has now received a letter from them saying they have cash flow problems, so where exactly has our cash gone!!!! It would seem from the letter that we are not the only ones in this position but think we must surely be one of the longest having paid last December. Pembertons have been great about trying to help but understand from them that at least one other mobile home manufacturer is having the same problems getting this company to pay for homes ordered.
so once again BEWARE this company

Last edited by jdr; Nov 7th 2008 at 6:11 am. Reason: Removing company name
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

margaret333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my name is Margaret and I am new to this forum. Dave & myself visited southern Spain last year with a view to moving out there. We visited quite a few different sites all rental, but the best one was Villa Alta which is near a small village called Alfarnatejo the homes were well spaced and the best thing was the fact that there was no ground rent as you become a share holder of the site. We are hoping to raise enough finance to buy this summer so fingers crossed.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

trabavins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by magsharker
we did quite a bit of checking but unfortunately the site we chose was a small one with mainly french residents, there was a new area being developed by <snip, please do not name and shame> so no one with a home recently sited to ask about them. From info received from the owners with homes sited in the past few months, everyone without exception has had long delays and heartache when dealing with this company, a number have also had to resort to consulting solicitors before any action. our solicitor has now received a letter from them saying they have cash flow problems, so where exactly has our cash gone!!!! It would seem from the letter that we are not the only ones in this position but think we must surely be one of the longest having paid last December. Pembertons have been great about trying to help but understand from them that at least one other mobile home manufacturer is having the same problems getting this company to pay for homes ordered.
so once again BEWARE this company
Just wondered how you got on - presume I know the company you are talking about as we had similar problems and waited 12 months from payment to getting our home. If it is them then did you get your home or your money before they went into administration in December?
how immoral that they then open up under another name doing exactly the same. Did you see the programme on TV and the size of his house?
We have written proof of everything they did to us and would love to make a national show of them so that others don't fall into the same situation.
We had a happy outcome, hope you did too.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

unfortunately we didn't have a happy outcome.......but we are not alone, know of at least 10-12 others who paid and have nothing to show for it. At least we did not have to sell our home here to fund this but most of the others concerned did so and are in really bad circumstances. Creditors meeting and paperwork show the company concerned owe over £2,000,000, have assets(on paper) of just over £1,000,000. This mainly consists of land in Spain which, so we have been told, is up for sale. So at best it would seem that we might (and I think it's a big might) get about 50% of our money back but when that will be is anyone's guess.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Really sorry to hear that but glad to hear you did not sell your home to pay them. That land in Spain was the start of their problems as they did not have the planning permission they thought they had and sadly, that probably means it will not sell for anything like its value because it is pretty worthless to a buyer. if they had not changed their systems - from greed - none of this would have happened. They blame it all on the credit crunch and it has nothing to do with that. It's the size of their home that gets me when you think of the plight others have ended up in and now they are doing it all again. it's disgusting and we really feel for you and hope that there is a buyer for that land somewhere and that you do get something back. Fingers crossed for you.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:04 am
Just Joined

thanks for the thought, have now heard from someone in France, the french installation company have gone to the french courts to try to repossess their fully installed home due to monies owed (about £100,000) by the company concerned. Are you pleased with your home? seems as many folks have had problems with damage etc after delivery
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

What a disaster for those poor people! We are very pleased with our home. There were a few snags, reported but not fixed, but there is nothing major and we love it to bits. We also love where we are - Eastern Algarve of Portugal. The owner here flung 'the company' out of here some 18 months ago due to the late deliveries and problems it was causing him.
We never got the plot 'the company' sold us but due to a bit of intuition on my part we paid for a week's holiday and came here to visit, found 'our plot' was never going to be ours and managed to get a big plot that we are really pleased with. Someone was looking after us.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:38 am
Just Joined

milton43 is an unknown quantity at this point

trabavins hello which site in portugal are you on if you do not mind me asking not bye any chance calico park and has anyone herd of or now the site puablofieste lasy days in spain
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by margaret333
Hi my name is Margaret and I am new to this forum. Dave & myself visited southern Spain last year with a view to moving out there. We visited quite a few different sites all rental, but the best one was Villa Alta which is near a small village called Alfarnatejo the homes were well spaced and the best thing was the fact that there was no ground rent as you become a share holder of the site. We are hoping to raise enough finance to buy this summer so fingers crossed.
Hi, i've had a look at this site.....looks quite nice. we're maybe looking at this idea, however they dont say how much the plots are to buy?.....can you remember off hand?

I dont want to contact them and give off too much info at the moment, we're just in the initial stages of doing research online, so an idea would be great before we go ahead and get too excited!

Thnx

Becky
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

margaret333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Becky,

When we visited the park we were quoted a figure which included plot, home, connections to mains electric, sewerage and water so I do not know the plot prices but we were more than happy with our overall quote as there are no hidden extras.

The couple we met were very friendly and not pushy in any way they showed us around and we spoke to some of the residents it is well worth contacting them if you do need more info.

Hope to meet you out there someday soon.

Margaret
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:03 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Been lots of legal problems with these sites in Spain. Make sure they have all the legal licences etc. Remember one in the news here where the Police came along and blocked it off. This Company seems to be spamming the forums recently
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Been lots of legal problems with these sites in Spain. Make sure they have all the legal licences etc. Remember one in the news here where the Police came along and blocked it off. This Company seems to be spamming the forums recently
Are you refering to the caravan park 'Villa Atla'?????..........who do you mean?