Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My Dad's mobile home plan- can anyone help?

My Dad's mobile home plan- can anyone help?

Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

chrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nice
Default My Dad's mobile home plan- can anyone help?

Howdy all - first time poster in the Spanish section, so apologies if this ground has been covered before.

My father was recently widowed and has just sold his house in the Midlands - "too many memories".

His budget is around £130k and wants to retire in a little (very little) mobile home in Spain. Ideally it needs to be among an expat community out there, with reasonable set up costs and ground rent.

I've found a couple of firms on the internet, selling reasonably priced (£30k) second hand places - Spainpark Home and Costa Difference Ltd. Has anyone encountered these firms and how do I find out if they're reputable?

Basically, if anyone can point out the pitfalls, I'd be very grateful. I've emigarated to Adelaide, and trying to co-ordinate isn't easy!

Thanks all
Chris
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Dad's mobile home plan- can anyone help?

Sorry to hear of your families loss

This was discussed recently, and the link is here.

Clearly you have to be a bit careful when doing this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=camping+sites
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

chrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nicechrisandluke is just really nice

Thanks for the advice Mitzy.. I can see plenty of fleecing opportunities here so I'm trying to check everything out.

If anyone has heard of those two companies, and has had good or bad experiences, please post or send me a PM.

The prices for small units I've seen on other sites seem to good to be true, and I know what that usually means!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisandluke
The prices for small units I've seen on other sites seem to good to be true, and I know what that usually means!
That its too good to be true
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future

Try www.costadifference.com they sell new and used mobiles on sites in and around Antequera which is about 45 minutes from Malaga airport. Severasl friends of ours have bought in the park and they are fabulous. Tell him to get the best he can and stick to good makes like Willerby etc as some of the continental mobiles are built for tourists and warm weather [not very well insulated!!]
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Theres also Breakaway homes,on www.breakaway.com,who have park homes in Malaga and Moraraira,amongst others.
Their also in France and Portugal as well
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lcortez
Theres also Breakaway homes,on www.breakaway.com,who have park homes in Malaga and Moraraira,amongst others.
Their also in France and Portugal as well
Thanks guys!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

pasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nice

Good luck chrisandluke.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future

DO NOT touch 'Breakaway". We bought a mobile home through them in the Western France area and we had no end of trouble with them. Luckily the company was based a few miles from where we lived in Sussex and I took the bull by the horns and got eventual satisfaction.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by keddyboy
DO NOT touch 'Breakaway". We bought a mobile home through them in the Western France area and we had no end of trouble with them. Luckily the company was based a few miles from where we lived in Sussex and I took the bull by the horns and got eventual satisfaction.
Hi keddyboy ,whats this about KRAPENORGERS ,somebody emailed me and said you had one cheers Simon
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

trabavins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keddyboy
Hi

Are you able to give me any further info on your problems? We paid for our home in November and were told it would be on site next week. We are now told there is a delay and nobody is talking to us, they promise to ring and then don't. My wife is distraught. They have all the money we have managed to accumulate over our life time as we are now retired.

Any info would be really gratefully received
thanks
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

The problems I had with Breakaway was not in the purchase as such. The mobile home we had was at a discounted price as they wanted to use the van for advertising purposes at the site in La Palmyre, Nr Royan in Western France. His son used it for 3 months during the first year and when we took it over it was sited no problems. However the carpets were heavily stained and where the advertising boards had been affixed the exterior was covered in glue marks. These matters were after many months rectified.
However a little later on a mini hurricane hit the area and a large piece of pine tree damaged the front roof of the van. We had paid insurance from Breakaway but on putting in a claim they could not find the paperwork. This went on and on for about 12 months. I obtained seperate insurance and had the caravan repaired by a professional who added €2000 extra on the paper bill. We happend to live within 30 minutes from the company in Sussex and we took the bull by the horns and went to see them and presented them the bill and after a few weeks of threatening legal action they paid up.
I feel sorry for you but keep badgering them hard and they will relent.
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Chris,
Surfing through this morning and came across several chalets and a mobile home [fully furnished] on abaxproperties.com. They are based in Torrox Park, almost on the coast and about 45 minutes east of Malaga. Worth a look
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

trabavins is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info, appreciate it.
We were told at the beginning of April that our home was ready and was booked for shipping 28 April. We therefore expected to be in it by mid May. Last week they told us there would be a delay of about a month. To be honest if they are saying a month's delay, I am expecting longer and we gave up our jobs last week due to the info provided
We are worried that there can be such a time gap from production to shipping and they seem to be fobbing us off - will call on Friday, will call next week etc.
I have worked in admin most of my life and they don't seem to using any of the basic principles. All the worry is starting to make me ill, we were so excited.
Thanks again for the info
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

If memory serves me well the MD is called John JAMES. I have a feeling that all will be well in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.