Murcia

Old May 7th 2019, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

saskiamvisser is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Murcia

Hi, I am new to this site, and not by default British (however Dutch, but lived in the UK for 25 years) and looking to move to Spain (Murcia area/Costa Blanca) after the summer holiday. Not 100% certain where to start and which order. We are looking to rent, until both our houses in the UK are sold.

Which website would you use as your bible, that gives an idea where to begin and what to be wary of?

Thanks, Sas and Rich
Old May 7th 2019, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Murcia

Hi I have a private message, however as I only have one post, I cannot open nor read the message. Would you mind putting the message on this thread instead please Doug?
Old May 7th 2019, 5:42 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

Can I recommend the Blevins Franks book "Living in Spain". It answers a lot of financial questions and for 7-50€ well worth it. Usual disclaimer - I have no connection with Blevins Franks except as a satisfied customer

Davexf
Old May 7th 2019, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure you can find everything in one place! I understand you are not a Brit but Gov.UK does offer a lot of useful info (although some may not apply)

eg:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-b...perty-in-spain
Old May 7th 2019, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saskiamvisser
Hi, I am new to this site, and not by default British (however Dutch, but lived in the UK for 25 years) and looking to move to Spain (Murcia area/Costa Blanca) after the summer holiday. Not 100% certain where to start and which order. We are looking to rent, until both our houses in the UK are sold.

Which website would you use as your bible, that gives an idea where to begin and what to be wary of?

Thanks, Sas and Rich
This forum is as good as any - just ask the right questions and there are loads of well-informed people out there who have been though your experience or have lived in the region you are looking at and able to answer many questions.

First comment you are making the right choice about renting first ! One year in a rental will give you loads of experience and will definitely shape your decision-making progress.. Start by writing your own list of priorities:
E:G . 1. Your age - are you pensioners do you need to be near good , easy accessible healthcare be it private or public
2. Do you have relatives and friends you need to stay in close contact with , if so how far you from an airport with decent connections to where you want to go
3. Do you want town, country or beach , places such as Cartagena are lovely and the capital itself Murcia is a pleasant , well-laided city but maybe you want to be on the coast
4. Are you happy to be car-dependent or prefer to do everything by"wandering" around a town or village.
5. How are your linguistic skills , even the most basic Spanish puts you one step ahead
6. Get someone to help you with the initial bureaucracy - look for a "Gestor" - recommended by people you may know.
7. Search this site on property purchase but a definite "NO NO" if you use an agent to find your new home under no circumstances use the lawyer recommended by them to carry out the transaction.
8. Last but not least - keep an escape route open - you may find after some months "This is not the place for us" , make sure you have somewhere to go back to...

Go ahead make your list the above are just examples

Last edited by Loafing Along; May 7th 2019 at 7:00 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old May 7th 2019, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your responses, and info! We had started a list so good to compare.

Watch this space