Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Is it just me but do most of these "moving to Spain" new posters sound the same, just a few words altered here and there and the country they are coming from
Country? Scotland? Come independence, there'll be nobody left there, just fat old Salmond.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:18 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Country? Scotland? Come independence, there'll be nobody left there, just fat old Salmond.
I'm not so sure about that - they already attract plenty of migrants, including Poles and even English!
There's even an argument that Scotland can be a wealthier nation after independence, although I feel it's still a risky step
"Could crude, whisky and wind make Scotland richer than England?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...xth-wealthiest

Biggest drawback to living in Scotland is of course the weather. I don't see that changing, even with global warming.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

darrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant future

And me by the looks of things.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:49 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

if you have ever been to Corby you will understand where they have all got to.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:51 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I'm not so sure about that - they already attract plenty of migrants, including Poles and even English!
There's even an argument that Scotland can be a wealthier nation after independence, although I feel it's still a risky step
"Could crude, whisky and wind make Scotland richer than England?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...xth-wealthiest

Biggest drawback to living in Scotland is of course the weather. I don't see that changing, even with global warming.
and they treat them like outcasts, lepers, something thrown away in disgust.

and they also charge more for Uni to English than they do to anyone from the EU.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 2:49 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
and they treat them like outcasts, lepers, something thrown away in disgust.

and they also charge more for Uni to English than they do to anyone from the EU.
I met a few English living in Scotland when I worked in Glasgow, and none of them complained about unfriendly Scots, quite the reverse.
Having said that, a Scot told me that his fellow compatriots in small towns and villages were very cold to outsiders - not just English, but Scots from the big cities got a cool reception if they moved in.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:40 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic...why is it all these "movers" have 2.4 children, someone works on the internet, someone has a disability...usually asthma (I know it seems to be the trend these days, but on this little forum) They all say they have read the forum....why are they asking the same questions then

I think we are being conned
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:48 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Back on topic...why is it all these "movers" have 2.4 children, someone works on the internet, someone has a disability...usually asthma (I know it seems to be the trend these days, but on this little forum) They all say they have read the forum....why are they asking the same questions then

I think we are being conned
I dont recall any poster having 2.4 children, I have never seen any posters ask about schools for their .4 of a child, or if there is a reduction in fees or a discount of .6 percent, which would be logical.

Although I see what you mean in the rest of your post.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:58 pm
Not Banned (yet)

I know what J2 is saying - we seem to have had a batch of similar sounding threads recently. I suppose 3 enquiries out of the 1000s of Brits who do make the move and settle in Spain, isn't too big a percentage, maybe we should see if any further enquiries on the same line appear. Many of us on the forum try and give advice and help (where relevant) but I think most of us would feel cheesed off, if it appeared the enquiries were a scam.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:23 pm

well I never even found out the BE thingy existed until the BH had been out here for well over a year, so a little bit late to start asking for advice and our kids are in their 30's now so again no interest in schools

I have enough fun here with my own identity to not want to confuse matters using another, ghost identity,
I have thought about it but just cannot be bothered, life is too short as it is without having to work on a split personality
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on this forum for 6 years
When I came here originally I asked the same questions that newbies ask now.
Over the 6 years I have seen the same questions asked time and time again, and I have taken the time to answer, because new people considering moving to Spain will always have the same questions and concerns.

So why read anything more into it ..... Its been happening all the time, not just recently
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

I have enough trouble dealing with the two people who live in my head...I can't even answer their questions properly.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
I have enough trouble dealing with the two people who live in my head...I can't even answer their questions properly.
You just keep telling yourself that!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You just keep telling yourself that!
Hey Mitzy, How are you? keeping well I hope?
I have tried giving myself a good talking to but I don't listen to what I say....you know what I mean !
I see you are superman nowadays, come a long way from when we used to fight back to back in the early days of BE and you were just a humble conscript, or is all that just my imagination.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Hello. Can someone please tell me who i am? I have been away for nearly two years, and I'm not sure where I have been. Mitzy who am I?

And don't say I am mad Rugbymat, you are just jealous because the voices only talk to me!

Last edited by lmj50; Apr 4th 2012 at 5:02 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.