Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:16 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Originally Posted by HBG
Banned returnees must be a nightmare for moderators, but do you think that such weird behaviour could be a cry for help?
Are you going through a soft and caring period
Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Don't we have enough regulars doing that.

I am not sure what their motive is, seems a bit of waste of time to me. I always imagine a couple of bored schoolkids.
We have one in the US that has been coming back now constantly for ... I guess .... about 12 months now. He's always sussed eventually, but still keeps coming. I have no idea if he has a life .....

Big Pete was our biggest one here, he came back time and time again .....
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:21 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Are you going through a soft and caring period
Yes.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 12:15 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I was interested in a case of plagiarism heard before the New York courts involving JK Rowling. The court allowed a hideously expensive piece of software in evidence, which compared two samples of writing to determine if they came from the same author. I remember that Rowling won her case and the samples compared consisted of as little as one page of random writing.

Basically, our writing is as identifiable as our fingerprints and DNA.

Sometimes it makes the returnees easy to spot, but it's none of my business and our moderators seem to have it all under control.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I was interested in a case of plagiarism heard before the New York courts involving JK Rowling. The court allowed a hideously expensive piece of software in evidence, which compared two samples of writing to determine if they came from the same author. I remember that Rowling won her case and the samples compared consisted of as little as one page of random writing.

Sometimes it makes the returnees easy to spot, but it's none of my business and our moderators seem to have it all under control.
I've often thought that if I were to want to conceal my identity (NOTE WORD IF!) I'd have to cut back by about 95% on my use of brackets and ellipses.............
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:00 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

last year I had some suspicions about a company that may have been involved in a fraud and copied parts of their website into Google - and got at least 25 identical hits from other sites.
so either they were copying other peoples websites or they were just lazy and used the same website programmer as 25 other companies.

there is nothing new out there, just variations on a theme.

and our mods seem to be slaving away in the background all the time. (I need the brownie points)
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

If people come on here and become abusive and stir the sh1t till they get banned, then come back and do it again and again, that sounds like some sort of mental disorder to me. All those bad vibes are very unhealthy! It's like picking the scab off the same wound over and over. They need to go and swim with dolphins or something, sort their heads out.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:39 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Dolphins have intelligence, thats why you won't find any here
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was given a tow by a dolphin in Florida last year
They are more intelligent than some of the posters on BE

Runs for cover
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Wouldn't it be more sensible to ignore them rather than pander to them?

Unless of course the majority really do find them amusing in which case please carry on. We can always look in from time to time until you recover your senses.

Jim
Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:39 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
Wouldn't it be more sensible to ignore them rather than pander to them?

Unless of course the majority really do find them amusing in which case please carry on. We can always look in from time to time until you recover your senses.

Jim
What, Dolphins?
How can you ignore a Dolphin?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What, Dolphins?
How can you ignore a Dolphin?
the word "ignore" isnt in their vocabulary
they would never ignore you