Ms

Old Oct 25th 2020, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ms

You don't need any address document for the first step - submission of documents and initial application, but padron certificate is being asked for when you attend your second step appointment, this time at a police station. Rental contract showing your name is normally required for padron application.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Daniellewhite20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great thanks Joppa,
No had a reply yet. I am guessing they are extremely busy and think will look for another company to handle paper work. Any suggestion be great !

Dani
Old Nov 14th 2020, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Residency

Originally Posted by trythallj
Think you may not be quite correct about illegal to drive a UK plated car. It is illegal to have a UK plated car that is registered in your name.
close...unless its changed recently - .. Its illegal for a spanish resident to drive any foreign plated car owned by themselves or any close relative. I work in a car park, we drive foreign cars every day.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin

BTW, may I suggest next time you use a more meaningful title for a topic.

Not sure what 'Ms' was meant to mean but at first glance I thought 'multiple sclerosis' and nearly didn't open it to read!
Where as I opened it because of that. I grew up here with a wonderful girl.. she was only in her 20´s when she passed away.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

trythallj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
close...unless its changed recently - .. Its illegal for a spanish resident to drive any foreign plated car owned by themselves or any close relative. I work in a car park, we drive foreign cars every day.
Thanks for that info. It puts me in a tricky position, as I am resident, my wife not, so she has to do all the driving if we are in her car. She won't like that! I have just emailed the DGT to try to clarify. I was going on a post on the N332 facebook page, which was the most "official" source I can find:-

If anyone can point me to any official info on this, I would be most grateful.

Apologies for thread drift.

John

Old Nov 14th 2020, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that info. It puts me in a tricky position, as I am resident, my wife not, so she has to do all the driving if we are in her car. She won't like that! I have just emailed the DGT to try to clarify. I was going on a post on the N332 facebook page, which was the most "official" source I can find:-

https://www.facebook.com/DrivingSpai...9782166875800/

John
Sorry, link missing.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

John
It is a real pain.
For many years I was resident in France but I came back to the UK a few times a year to spend time with my former partner, now bestie.
I couldn't drive his car because his insurers wouldn't add my name to his policy because I wasn't a UK resident.
He couldn't drive my car because it was on French plates.
Sometimes we used to go on holiday together to Scotland and Ireland and obviously we wanted to split the driving. Of course we did split the driving, in my car because driving without insurance was a clear no-no, but it would have been nice to have been able to do it with a perfectly clear conscience.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why not their own website ? n332 - Driving in Spain ? You realise that the site is run by some retired, some serving GC traffico officers from torrevieja ? The information *should* be correct. (they do not like to be corrected...)
Old Nov 17th 2020, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link. I did not know they have a website as well as the facebook page. However I could not find any advice about the question on the website. If you have found any, grteful for a pointer to it.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

John

Sorry John, but it would help if we could have some more information ? you say that your wife is not resident, and that she would have to do all the driving ? are we to then assume that your wife has a foreign plated car? We all know that a spanish resident cannot drive a foreign car owned by themselves or their spouse, so if she owns it, you technically can not drive it.

The official position is that a vehicle thats being driven in spain should be legal in its country of origin, ie if its from the uk it should have TAX , MOT and INSURANCE. (you know not having an MOT invalidates any insurance policy, right?). which then puts your wife in a "sticky" situation - if shes living in spain (without residencia), and has a foreign car without any of the 3 things it needs to make it legal, you have just contacted the DGT telling them that - the fine for having no insurance is around €3000.

I´m not sure if they (the dgt) have a duty to contact the national police as well, regarding her residencia status? (which is indeed a whole other conversation - follow some of the threads about residencia before brexit etc.)
Old Nov 27th 2020, 4:49 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

(you know not having an MOT invalidates any insurance policy, right?).
That is an urban myth and has been debunked. No MOT Doesn't Invalidate Insurance - Patterson Law

IS CAR INSURANCE INVALID WITHOUT MOT?

It’s not a simple yes and no answer as it depends on the circumstances of the accident. Insurers may often state on their websites that having no MOT will invalidate car insurance as it’s in their interest to ensure a vehicle is as road worthy as possible to minimise claims. This is often not the case however.
Is my car insurance valid without an MOT?

A situation where a driver had an accident, was at fault and caused significant damage to properties will have their vehicle assessed for roadworthiness at the point before the accident. A valid MOT is limited in relevance as a vehicle can of course be unroadworthy even with a valid MOT test certificate.

Essentially it’s whether the vehicle was roadworthy directly before the accident and is based on evidence obtained by the police and a conclusion reached by the insurance claims assessor. This can also include statements taken from witnesses, engineer reports and other evidence obtained from the claims investigation if necessary

Last edited by missile; Nov 27th 2020 at 5:02 am.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your concern. No, my wife is not resident, as she does not live here. (I'm working on it!) Just drives down with me and makes flying visits. DGT just wrote back quoting the relevant law, without actually answering my question. The law contains the word "use", which is ambiguous, as does it mean own, drive or what? Certainly the N332 seem to think it means "own".
Artículo 68 LSV. Matrículas.
1. Para poner en circulación vehículos a motor, así como remolques de masa máxima autorizada superior a la que reglamentariamente se determine, es preciso matricularlos y que lleven las placas de matrícula con los caracteres que se les asigne del modo que se establezca. Esta obligación será exigida a los ciclomotores en los términos que reglamentariamente se determine.

2. Deben ser objeto de matriculación definitiva en España los vehículos a los que se refiere el apartado anterior, cuando se destinen a ser utilizados en el territorio español por personas o entidades que sean residentes en España o que sean titulares de establecimientos situados en España. Reglamentariamente se establecerán los plazos, requisitos y condiciones para el cumplimiento de esta obligación y las posibles exenciones a la misma.

Si no se produce lo subrayado, no es obligatorio matricular.

This is now becoming a bit academic for me, as we transferring the car to myself and putting it on Spanish plates. I do like to obey the law, but it can be quite tricky to do so when dealing with two jurisdictions. Then we will need to find out if she is allowed to drive what will be my car on Spanish plates in the UK!
Old Nov 28th 2020, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by missile
That is an urban myth and has been debunked. No MOT Doesn't Invalidate Insurance - Patterson Law

IS CAR INSURANCE INVALID WITHOUT MOT?

It’s not a simple yes and no answer as it depends on the circumstances of the accident.
Sorry Missle i accept that everyone has an opinion, but nobody is talking about an accident.

Every single link on google search disagrees with you. (i´m trying to find an official link, but the dvla has nothing to do with insurance)

does a car need an MOT to be insured?

Last edited by bfg69bug; Nov 28th 2020 at 8:53 am.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 8:49 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Missle, nobody is talking about an accident.

Every single link on google search disagrees with you.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...E8gLt4YKgDg&q=does+a+car+need+an+mot+to+be+insured&oq=does+a+car+need+an+mot+to+be+insured&gs_lcp=Cg Zwc3ktYWIQAzIFCAAQyQMyBggAEBYQHjoECCMQJzoHCAAQyQMQ QzoECAAQQzoCCAA6CAguEMcBEKMCOgIILjoKCAAQyQMQFBCHAj oHCAAQFBCHAjoICAAQFhAKEB5QraYCWIjoAmD86gJoAHAAeACA AdkBiAGvHpIBBzE4LjE3LjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6wAEB&s client=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiP65X79qTtAhVSolwKHe2wAOQQ4dUDCA0&ua ct=5
Your link leads ........ nowhere.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

edited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.