Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MR WHIPPY ICE CREAM MACHINES

MR WHIPPY ICE CREAM MACHINES

Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:00 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MR WHIPPY ICE CREAM MACHINES

lol, that's the exact plastic POS ice vream I had outside my place......didn't take that pic in Filey did you?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:49 pm
Banned

icharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really nice

Originally Posted by GCM
So many people have mentioned to me about how great an idea it would be to have an ice-cream van round.

Why has nobody done this?

Is it somehow not allowed in Spain?

There must be a fortune to be made, if they are successful in the UK just imagine here in sunny and hot Spain!
I believe the Mr Whippy vans, have a franchise operation called, predictably, "Senor whippy", in Spain.

Not quite sure of costs involved, but believe it to be around the Eur 20,000 region.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Anybody know the licensing requirements for a food van that can be parked near the beach during peak hours?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
In answer to an earlier point I have seen an ice cream van in Spain doing a regular round in Los Pacos (fuengirola). The Chimes were strange but the idea was the same !

LPH
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

sunlover35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dancing queen
Can anybody advise me where i can find a supplier of a mr whippy ice-cream machine. I have recently opened a cafeteria and would be grateful for any links/suppliers.
Many thanks
hi dancing queen,

wondered if you can help me with finding stock for such machines in spain.

i have the machine but stock from the UK only lasts for 3 days and wondered how you had got on with this?

i am moving to one of the costa's in few months so i wouldn't be any competition for you in madrid so hope you would help???

thank you
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunlover35
hi dancing queen,

wondered if you can help me with finding stock for such machines in spain.

i have the machine but stock from the UK only lasts for 3 days and wondered how you had got on with this?

i am moving to one of the costa's in few months so i wouldn't be any competition for you in madrid so hope you would help???

thank you
She has the same problem as you, and there are far too many Spanish places selling ice cream, so you will struggle to make it and sell it.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Lawrence.Brown will become famous soon enough

I don't know how to post an ebay link, so If you do a search for:-
New Mobile Kitchen + Soft Ice Cream Machine Ship By Sea

I think this might be interesting to a few of you.

Last edited by Lawrence.Brown; Aug 30th 2010 at 7:19 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lawrence.Brown
I don't now how to post an ebay link, so If you do a search for:-
New Mobile Kitchen + Soft Ice Cream Machine Ship By Sea

I think this might be interesting to a few of you.
But they want the stuff you put in it, not the machine.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Lawrence.Brown will become famous soon enough

Hi, the first post was looking for a machine.
Then afterwards people asked about the mix, and about ice cream vans.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Lawrence.Brown
Hi, the first post was looking for a machine.
Then afterwards people asked about the mix, and about ice cream vans.
But that was 7 months ago, she is probably back in the UK with her vine ripened trumpers. ( click on her username and read her posts )