British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Mr & Mrs Tom Brett (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/mr-mrs-tom-brett-425612/)

RENE21 Feb 10th 2007 12:54 pm

Mr & Mrs Tom Brett

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows this couple.Would like to let them know i found a letter of theirs on the floor of a shop today in Chiclana, & have posted it for them!
It was addressed to someone in co Durham.Just wanted to set their minds at rest that it is safe in the post box!!:)

jdr Feb 10th 2007 12:58 pm

Re: Mr & Mrs Tom Brett

Originally Posted by RENE21 (Post 4386767)
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows this couple.Would like to let them know i found a letter of theirs on the floor of a shop today in Chiclana, & have posted it for them!
It was addressed to someone in co Durham.Just wanted to set their minds at rest that it is safe in the post box!!:)

Nice one , karma on the way ;-)

lcr04 Feb 10th 2007 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by RENE21 (Post 4386767)
Hi,

oh my god, how funny. I have just came home from visiting them, they told me they had lost a letter they were about to post.

I will tell them the goods news - thanks so much, they will be very pleased.:D

Lionda Feb 10th 2007 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by lcr04 (Post 4387203)
oh my god, how funny. I have just came home from visiting them, they told me they had lost a letter they were about to post.

Wow!! :thumbup:

RENE21 Feb 10th 2007 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by lcr04 (Post 4387203)

Glad to have helped.I'm really pleased you will be able to let them know.It was a long shot that someone on here would know them:D :thumbup:

Mitzyboy Feb 10th 2007 6:13 pm

Spooky .... the power of the internet :)

poollounger Feb 11th 2007 10:19 am

I love these link ups. Years ago I found a small camera in the street in Bloomsbury. I took it to a police station, but it was never collected so I got it back and took it home. There was a film in it that sat on my desk for about 3years, then I finally had it developed. There were pictures of a young woman with a new born baby, the same with others in evening dress, and some pictures of a brownie camp site, with a bucket by the washing up with the name of the troop. I rang the head office in London, and they said drop it by and we will track down the owner. I did manage to get it to them eventually.
A couple of weeks later I had a letter with a £10 cheque from a woman in Cambridge. The pics where hers, taken in the final days of her nursing training, while living in nurses digs. The baby was from a premature unit, the rest were chums from the hospital, and the brownies were her mothers group who she had gone along with as the resident medic. She had assumed that the camera had been stolen, and was delighted to have the pictures from her past pop up several years later..

crispy Feb 11th 2007 11:41 am

I found a phone on the train going home late one night, I see the young couple get off the train but it was too late I could not catch them. All the way home the phone kept ringing, and I am the worlds worst at anything new. Peeps were looking at me so I sat on the phone and for 20 mins it just kept buzzing me in my never region in the end I pressing this button that button the flash kept going off. At last I managed to key the number that was flashing everytime it rang in to my idiots proof phone and I rang them to say I had the phone. They immediatly got the next train to where I lived and we meet them at the station. Bless them they were just a young couple of students and the phone belonged to the young man who said his whole life was keyed into the phone. When he checked there were picture's of my feet, knees, lap, hand, nose and the train window, they at least had a good laugh. He kept trying to push his last £10 in to my hands but I told him what sort of society are we if you can return someone property when loss to the rightful owner.

Found another phone one evening, by then I was a bit more clued up on phones, rang the last number and spoke to the boyfriend of the owner luckily her mum worked in the same hospital as I did so that one also got returned as well.

poollounger Feb 11th 2007 12:52 pm

I lost mine in Covent Garden one night. Didn't even realise until I went to use it the next afternoon. Looked at my account online and saw a text message from 2am the previous morning so called it. A woman answered and said yes she had a text from a friend saying he had found a mobile phone, in the middle of a night, and had thought it was a joke. She phoned him..he was the barman at the pub I had been in, then phoned me back to say yes he had, so got a friend to pick it up, and he refused the money he was offered. People are still honest and considerate in Britain.

susique Feb 11th 2007 6:59 pm

My son went on a night hike. He lost his phone in the middle of Wendover woods on a Friday night. Having cancelled everything, on Sunday we got a call from a lady whose husband had found it whilst walking their dog through the woods! She very kindly posted it back to us.

Unfortunately the first phone our son lost during a night hike in a cornfield, never did turn up again......probably crushed under a tractor's wheels.

I found a chap's driving licence in an ASDA store, the girl at the help desk said she would take it but would not post it to the owner despite the fact that his name and address were clearly marked on it. So I took it and delivered it to his home myself, it was only a couple of miles away from where I live. I was furious at ASDA's attitude. Absolutely zero effort required to bung it in an evelope, address it, stamp it and post it (letter box in store).

Ho hum.....

Andy Pipken Feb 11th 2007 9:05 pm

I once found a mans wallet in it was £1000 in cash all his credit cards and his driving licence..........I went to the nearest police station... and thought...NA F**K IT
I hired a car with his licence and put the cost on his credit card
had a slap up meal at MRS MIGGINS PIE SHOP, again on the plastic fantastic,
then went with a "lady of the night" and said do as many rude things to me till a £1000 runs out.
that was over with pretty quick, I then asked would she entertain my "flexible friend" she was keen at first thinking I wanted a threesome.
but when she realised that I meant Mr Barlcaycard. she made a hasty retreat.
:p

crispy Feb 11th 2007 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken (Post 4391167)
I once found a mans wallet in it was £1000 in cash all his credit cards and his driving licence..........I went to the nearest police station... and thought...NA F**K IT
I hired a car with his licence and put the cost on his credit card
had a slap up meal at MRS MIGGINS PIE SHOP, again on the plastic fantastic,
then went with a "lady of the night" and said do as many rude things to me till a £1000 runs out.
that was over with pretty quick, I then asked would she entertain my "flexible friend" she was keen at first thinking I wanted a threesome.
but when she realised that I meant Mr Barlcaycard. she made a hasty retreat.
:p

:lol: Where you been Andy Pipken, knew the silence had been to good to last.
Thought maybe you got lost out there in Pago land.

Lionda Feb 14th 2007 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by susique (Post 4390669)
My son went on a night hike. He lost his phone in the middle of Wendover woods on a Friday night. Having cancelled everything, on Sunday we got a call from a lady whose husband had found it whilst walking their dog through the woods! She very kindly posted it back to us.

Unfortunately the first phone our son lost during a night hike in a cornfield, never did turn up again......probably crushed under a tractor's wheels.

I found a chap's driving licence in an ASDA store, the girl at the help desk said she would take it but would not post it to the owner despite the fact that his name and address were clearly marked on it. So I took it and delivered it to his home myself, it was only a couple of miles away from where I live. I was furious at ASDA's attitude. Absolutely zero effort required to bung it in an evelope, address it, stamp it and post it (letter box in store).

Ho hum.....

I used to work in the cash office at our local Asda store, we had numerous items, and mobile phones which people had handed in but when I sugested we try to contact the people I was told "If they haven't bothered to come in and ask for it then we aren't going to bother contacting them" I thought it a terrible attitude!!

susique Feb 14th 2007 5:49 pm

Exactly! How are folks supposed to know where they lost an item anyway.

They could have been to several shops or even dropped the item in the street - an impossible task, given the likelihood that the item has been pocketed anyway these days.

And how much time does it take to scroll down to 'home' or whatever on the chance they could call the owner of a mobile?