Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Movistar RADIO Fusion

Movistar RADIO Fusion

Old Sep 16th 2020, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Movistar RADIO Fusion

Anyone know if the 4G router that comes with this Movistar service for non cabled area allows 3rd party DNS services. ( for example smart dns). It is a WNC WLD71 T1
Old Sep 17th 2020, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movistar RADIO Fusion

To be honest I do not really understand the question - but as I currently have this service I looked in the router manual and can find no mention of this option, so I would assume not. But I will leave it to a geek to say more...
Old Sep 17th 2020, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
To be honest I do not really understand the question - but as I currently have this service I looked in the router manual and can find no mention of this option, so I would assume not. But I will leave it to a geek to say more...
in simple terms do you have smart dns on your router or device eg laptop , iPad that allows you to access tv services as though you were in the USA or UK. These are normally barred whenthe supplier sees your internet IPaddress is in this case Spanish.

could I ask you about your install ?Did an engineer visit with the router? Ours was posted to us. It was easy enough to get the router up and running. I am still waiting for the SIMs for the mobiles and have no idea how the 80 channels of tv are provisioned. Did they provide an aerial and cable for tv? Is there a set top box? Did they test your 4G signal and provide an external aerial to boost the signal ?
Old Sep 17th 2020, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I do not use this service (ie BBC radio blocks me when they are broadcasting live football)

No I collected the router and connected it to the power and it worked. (It has been fantastic)
I do not access Movistar TV No aerial or cable (except usual ethernet cable which I use to connect router to smart TV - then via internet access netflix etc)
No set top box
No, I am close to the mast so signal strength at maximum.

I get the general feeling you maybe expecting more from this than is available. (IMO) But maybe you have contracted more services than I have, I was not interested in Movistar TV but having checked includes standard TDT plus local channels and some Movistar TV channels accessed via smart TV app I assume. I lost interest in their TV when I saw they wanted 4€ to view a film!

Now fibre optic has arrived I will be changing over to have 100mbs service at the same cost.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I suspect your product is just internet? For a while the Telcos here offered unlimited 4G but if Telefonica/Movistar have one it isn’t obvious and we were sold Radio Fusion Inicia. Don’t mind as consolidating all our products will be cheaper. Internet, landline ( out of the router) 2 mobiles including one with unlimited data and calls and 80 channels of tv is what we have contracted for.

no chance ever of fibre or copper where we live but it is quite possible 5G will be here by end of year. Telco then just needs to change out the routers....

anyone out there with Radio ( ie not copper or fibre provision) Fusion product?
Old Sep 18th 2020, 5:51 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Be easier to buy another router and link to your main router and use the DNS service on that - that way you are not messing around with the settings on your main router
Old Sep 18th 2020, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Fusion #0 hasta 20MB - Fixed line, 2 mobiles, ADSL, and basic TV package for 53€ per month.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

We had Vodafone installed last month. The closest option I can find at the moment is on the link, but it's 100Mb, 2 mobiles, fixed line (never used) and the basic TV package which is mostly available in English. We generally just use NetFlix and Amazon.

We are using NordVPN on the laptops and phones when we can't find the shows we want on the Spanish versions. I tried NowTV but they are very good at blocking VPNs. ExpressVPN gets through it occasionally.

The internet is more than enough for us and we're both home all day on video calls. https://www.vodafone.es/c/particular...paquete-one-3/
Old Sep 18th 2020, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Guy
Be easier to buy another router and link to your main router and use the DNS service on that - that way you are not messing around with the settings on your main router
I already have a Linksys router on the outgoing satellite internet service. I asked the Smart DNS support people if I could do exactly that . Their answer was no. If the servicedoesnt support 3rd party DNS then it wouldnt help.

not withstanding, I will try the Linksys router later today plugged in to the Movistar router. Longer term I had intended putting the Link sys router on the end of an ethernet cable to give a good wifi signal to part of our property .

Have you experience of such an arrangement working?

Spainrico. Yes that is one of the suite of Fusion radio services from Movistar.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
...and have no idea how the 80 channels of tv are provisioned. Did they provide an aerial and cable for tv? Is there a set top box?
yes, theres a set top box, about the size of an adsl router, square / black.

The tv service is very good, I was a client for as long as I can remember. Alot of channels in english, if thats what you want.

Old Sep 18th 2020, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Have you experience of such an arrangement working?
he´s probably one of the people with the most experience of this in the whole of spain... **not blowing anyones trumpet, of course**
Old Sep 18th 2020, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Olivefarmer this thread motivated me to download Movistar app to my smart TV and voilà - access to lots of channels. Last time I used their TV had to be via laptop/Yomvi system and cast to TV.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
yes, theres a set top box, about the size of an adsl router, square / black.

The tv service is very good, I was a client for as long as I can remember. Alot of channels in english, if thats what you want.
Funnily enough it is for Spanish channels. Our old fashioned aerial moves in the strong winds. I was hoping the Movistar setup includes a better aerial hence asking what is provided.

Just spent an unsuccessful afternoon experimenting various serrings on the Linksys router and then on the end of an ethernet cable off the Movistar router. No luck. In fact it stopped wifi service off the 4G router. Maybe it is possible but might be above my pay grade!

There are some references to the router and DNS on movistar community forums. I shall have a trawl through them.
Old Sep 18th 2020, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Funnily enough it is for Spanish channels
we get 40? Tv channels through our normal ariel.

I was hoping the Movistar setup includes a better aerial
No, its via the internet.

Last edited by bfg69bug; Sep 18th 2020 at 6:30 pm.