Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Movistar Pin Numbers

Movistar Pin Numbers

Old Feb 1st 2006, 6:17 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Movistar Pin Numbers

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I think I will start with a new sim card. Only costs 25e from Carrefour with 19 euros worth of calls, so maybe it's not worth the hassle.

By the way where do I get the PUK number from if I have lost all of the documentation?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Movistar.

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I think I will start with a new sim card. Only costs 25e from Carrefour with 19 euros worth of calls, so maybe it's not worth the hassle.

By the way where do I get the PUK number from if I have lost all of the documentation?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 10:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens

The puk number is assigned to the phone by the makers ie Nokia, you will have to tell them the number under the battery, but as you say easier to get a new sim and change pin to something you can remember
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
The puk number is assigned to the phone by the makers ie Nokia, you will have to tell them the number under the battery, but as you say easier to get a new sim and change pin to something you can remember
Just to correct this piece of information. The PUK number is NOT the same as the assigned code that each phone gets. This is something quite diferent.
The PUK code in this case is the code number that you will be asked for when you have tried to use the SIM PIN number incorrectly too many times. The PIN number is the 4 digit number and can be changed by the phone user. It allows the phone to be switched on by the user entering the 4 digit number. It can be 'overridden' by the phone user by looking at 'settings'. It is just an additional security tool.
For security reasons, it's only the network operator and NOT the phone maker that can legally provide you with a PUK code to unlock your SIM.
Only MOVISTAR can do this.
If this is wrong please explain why.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:43 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige
Just to correct this piece of information. The PUK number is NOT the same as the assigned code that each phone gets. This is something quite diferent.
The PUK code in this case is the code number that you will be asked for when you have tried to use the SIM PIN number incorrectly too many times. The PIN number is the 4 digit number and can be changed by the phone user. It allows the phone to be switched on by the user entering the 4 digit number. It can be 'overridden' by the phone user by looking at 'settings'. It is just an additional security tool.
For security reasons, it's only the network operator and NOT the phone maker that can legally provide you with a PUK code to unlock your SIM.
Only MOVISTAR can do this.
If this is wrong please explain why.
Whoops sorry you are right , it is Moviestar that supplies the puk number.
But like I say its a lot of hassle considering the price of a sim card unless you had a good phone number, that you needed to keep.