Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Movistar - Free SMS Messages for Life!

Movistar - Free SMS Messages for Life!

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Movistar - Free SMS Messages for Life!

This is the link I hope it works.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_32557.shtml

Don´t think there is any benefit for fixed line and ADSL.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:24 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movistar - Free SMS Messages for Life!

It's part of a whole series of changes to Movistar contracts, both voice and data.

Full details at http://www.invertia.com/noticias/art...oticia=2595254
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

They are losing customers hand over fist so have to try and grab new ones. We are paying half to a a n other company to what we paid Movistar. we called them and asked if they could come close to the other company and got a flat no. The they called after we left to ask why.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

coldmountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Movistar seem as if they would rather loose custom than give a better deal, we have had the same with our iphone contract....
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

They do seem to be getting more amenable to lowering their prices.

We have Movistar ADSL but it is limited to 3mb due to our location. We were paying 39.90 + iva. I called them last month and pointed out that the current offer for 10mb is only 24.90 and that they were also advertising a 3mb service at 20.20.

They put me straight onto to 20.20 tariff and threw in a new WiFi router for free and I get free calls to all mobiles.

They are also offering permanent deals for people with a Movistar mobile contract.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
They do seem to be getting more amenable to lowering their prices.

We have Movistar ADSL but it is limited to 3mb due to our location. We were paying 39.90 + iva. I called them last month and pointed out that the current offer for 10mb is only 24.90 and that they were also advertising a 3mb service at 20.20.

They put me straight onto to 20.20 tariff and threw in a new WiFi router for free and I get free calls to all mobiles.

They are also offering permanent deals for people with a Movistar mobile contract.
But what are these deals and what Movistar contract do you need to take out? I am on PAYG with Vodafone and often get 10 euros of free credit.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:26 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
They are losing customers hand over fist so have to try and grab new ones. We are paying half to a a n other company to what we paid Movistar. we called them and asked if they could come close to the other company and got a flat no. The they called after we left to ask why.
but they can't give me a landline in the middle of a town because the street duct to the house is incomplete. won't discuss slinging it from the house across the road.
their Iberabanda subsidiary have a wireless mast on the hill above the town but it doesn't cover 1/2 of the town

they have now terminated the line to the current property 2 weeks early even though they have an agreed date. They deserve to lose all their customers.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

I got a payg mobile from them. It kept telling me there was a message from the operator. Went back to the shop and they said that there was a network fault. This went on for days, same answer every time. Then the 6 euros free credit suddenly went. Unable to do anything. went back to shop and they said that all I wanted to do was use the free credit. Now they refuse to do anything. I wont use them again ........ever!!!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
But what are these deals and what Movistar contract do you need to take out? I am on PAYG with Vodafone and often get 10 euros of free credit.
They are still insisting that the normal rate for ADSL is €39.0. However for new customers they charge €24.90 for the first 12 months, thereafter it goes up to €39.90.

If you have a mobile contract, however small, they give you the introductory rate for ever.

Personally I think that by the time the 12 months are up they will have dropped the pretense that the full rate is still €39.90 and brought the whole cost structure more in line with what most people are now paying. My new bill still shows the full charge of €39.90 but they give me a discount (valid for only the next 12 months) to bring the rate down to the €20.20 that we agreed.

At the end of the discount period I fully expect to be able to convince them to continue the discount. They have recently become much more negotiable. Three friends have recently negotiated a new deal with them, they initially say they will only do it if you have a mobile contract but have backed down when pushed a little.