Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Movistar costs and balance - help!!

Movistar costs and balance - help!!

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movistar costs and balance - help!!

Originally Posted by Michael74
I am interested in you info re movistar. I have been using movistar for 5 years on payg. What details can you give me about your contract. Anything has got to be better than using Telefonica, although I am tied to them as I need the phone line for my broadband connection
Movistar is the mobile part of telefonica .
Also you should be able to change the language on you phone.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aix123
Thanks for everyone's replies. Seems Movistar is okay so long as one doesn't want to know the balance! I still haven't found it online on their website - and it is the right website and I have registered. Clicking Saldo for the balance does not give the balance. Pointless.

It was mentioned above about Eroski prepay. I had to get Movistar as it is the only network, I think, that I can pick up in my house.

I will also look into the free contacts mentioned above.
Eroski use Vodafone as their provider
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

as has already been said, 333 and send will give you a text message with the balance.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:31 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
as has already been said, 333 and send will give you a text message with the balance.
I think you'll find that this number has been removed. If you call 333 then they ask you to call another - this costs.

In the past you could call 333 once per day for free, but not anymore.

The new number is 2266 and costs 17 cents

Last edited by snikpoh; Feb 2nd 2010 at 1:44 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I think you'll find that this number has been removed. If you call 333 then they ask you to call another - this costs.

In the past you could call 333 once per day for free, but not anymore.

The new number is 2266 and costs 17 cents
Just as I thought.......I did say earlier I thought it wasn't free anymore, I'm glad it wasn't my imagination

Just to add, after every call I get a message on my remaining balance, so if you want to know your balance...call a friend, preferably one of mis cinco it's cheaper.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:46 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested in you info re movistar. .... Anything has got to be better than using Telefonica, although I am tied to them as I need the phone line for my broadband connection
Movistar, O2 and Terra are all Telefonicea brands.

http://www.telefonica.com/en/telefon...d_marcas.shtml
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
I am often puzzled why people who are resident here do not get a contract.
Been with Movistar for years now on contract and never had an issue (or indeed with Telefonica)
I have a Free Contract & only pay for the calls/text, no standing charge.
Calls/Text are cheaper than P/A/Y/Go, never need to top up, always had the bill option rather than D/Debit.
playamonte, sorry to confuse you with my earlier reply. I need telefonica as my house line for broadband. I was more interested in your free contract with movistar which is my mobile phone network. Any detailed info on that would be appreciated
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:11 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

playamonte, sorry to confuse you with my earlier reply. I need telefonica as my house line for broadband. I was more interested in your free contract with movistar which is my mobile phone network. Any detailed info on that would be appreciated
All you need to do is to phone Movistar (609 I think) from your handset and ask for Contracto Libre. This can be done in English if you wish as they have English operators.

If you go into a shop and try and do the same, then all contracts from them have a minimum contract of 9 euros/month!!

Switching over the phone does not incur a minimum monthly fee.

Once you are in a free contract, take your first bill into a Movistar Office and they will analyze it for you and suggest the best contract given your call profile.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks snikpoh, will look into that, certainly sounds interesting. On hols at the mo in Australia staying with daughter. Had an offer we couldn't refuse i.e spend Spanish winter here and save on Iberdrola bills !! Arrive back in Spain in three weeks so hope the weather is good, hear its been a bit stormy in places. Only complaint is the price of booze - mega bucks -
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:00 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aix123
Thanks for everyone's replies. Seems Movistar is okay so long as one doesn't want to know the balance! I still haven't found it online on their website - and it is the right website and I have registered. Clicking Saldo for the balance does not give the balance.
You can consult your balance online for free.
http://www.movistar.es/particulares/...onsultatusaldo You'll need to have registered your number and have your password/clave but I think you said you'd already done this?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:16 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks snikpoh, will look into that, certainly sounds interesting. On hols at the mo in Australia staying with daughter. Had an offer we couldn't refuse i.e spend Spanish winter here and save on Iberdrola bills !! Arrive back in Spain in three weeks so hope the weather is good, hear its been a bit stormy in places. Only complaint is the price of booze - mega bucks -
Sorry about that as I may have said dial 1004 (forgetting myself)
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:19 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about that as I may have said dial 1004 (forgetting myself)
Tis a funny old world ?
Its Contracto Tiempre Libre, but !, I have just checked my account online & found that Movistar have taken the standing charge again.
So as I am typing this I am waiting on hands free while the operator on 609 is trying to extend the offer for a further year (a year passed so soon ?)

BTW 609 will automatically answer in English.

Please hold on as we are trying to connect you (wish they would changer the record) Love is a four letter word, love love love love,looooove.

Hello sir & thank you for holding.
The department has agreed to extend it for another year ! and is there anything else I can help you with ?

No thank you as you have been very helpful (better not push it about asking for this months money back)
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

I too am with movistar payg, I get a text message when my credit is down to 3 euro. The annoying thing about it is I get calls from 8.15am - 9.50pm from a number (don't think I can put it on here) but it starts 911 it goes all day every day (except Sundays), I have tried to answer and say in my best Spanish that I don't speak Spanish, they still insist on phoning, have asked in movistar shop how to get this number barred (facility not on my phone) and they couldn't help. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:35 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Tis a funny old world ?
Its Contracto Tiempre Libre, but !, I have just checked my account online & found that Movistar have taken the standing charge again.
So as I am typing this I am waiting on hands free while the operator on 609 is trying to extend the offer for a further year (a year passed so soon ?)

BTW 609 will automatically answer in English.

Please hold on as we are trying to connect you (wish they would changer the record) Love is a four letter word, love love love love,looooove.

Hello sir & thank you for holding.
The department has agreed to extend it for another year ! and is there anything else I can help you with ?

No thank you as you have been very helpful (better not push it about asking for this months money back)
Just dialed 609 and it's in Spanish
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Loco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't yet registered an online identity you may need to do this first.
Go to:
https://www.canalcliente.movistar.es...40_0_0,00.html
and register your mobile munber to get a password.

With that info,

Select "Soy usario de linea o de tarjeta"
Your mobile number is the username.

When you get to the client page, under "Particulares (individuals): Tarjeta (card), the fifth option is "Saldo"
Under that is "Consulta de saldo".
That will give your balance and the expiry date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.