Reload this Page >

Moving To Yecla

Moving To Yecla

Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

prettypolly90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Moving To Yecla

Hi There.

My husband and I are looking into moving to Yecla, just outside Alicante. Has anyone got any information on the village and what is the ex-pat community like?

My Husband is quite keen but I have my doubts. Can anyone out there re-assure me by giving me some information on what to look out for and what to avoid.

Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:50 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving To Yecla

Hi prettypolly90

Sorry no can help...but I welcome you to EX and I'm sure in the next few hours you will receive some info.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:01 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prettypolly90
Hi There.

My husband and I are looking into moving to Yecla, just outside Alicante. Has anyone got any information on the village and what is the ex-pat community like?

My Husband is quite keen but I have my doubts. Can anyone out there re-assure me by giving me some information on what to look out for and what to avoid.

We are moving to Castalla which is just outside Alicante - I feel sure I have seen a sign for Yecla but not sure I've looked on the map but can't find it

Last edited by Lionda; Apr 18th 2007 at 10:02 pm. Reason: bad grammar! but I know what I mean :))
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:23 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lionda
We are moving to Castalla which is just outside Alicante - I feel sure I have seen a sign for Yecla but not sure I've looked on the map but can't find it

Don't call your gramma bad, she did her best
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Don't call your gramma bad, she did her best
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

never heard of the place myself, but there is Some info here thanks to google
http://www.yeclaserve.com/about-yecla.php

Last edited by big wheels; Apr 19th 2007 at 12:06 am.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

I'm not really that dim but these Forums are all very new to me so I will answer more than one post at once. When I've used them in the past it's been to help me with exams etc.

Lionda - Yecla is about 30 mins from Villena its main industry is furniture, perhaps that throws some light on it. We haven't decided definately on Yecla so any info on the surrounding area will be a help. I have heard of Castalla what attracted you to there?

big wheels - I have already had a look on Yeclaserve but not 100% sure it gives me all the information I was looking for. I'm quite nervous about moving as I'm sure you all appreciate its a big move. I'm quite a social animal and my biggest fear is not having my friends around me.

I can't believe already that I have had replys to my post. Thanks everyone it makes me feel a touch more confident
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point

We're looking at moving to Sax near Alicante within a month or two. I'm sure Yecla isn't too far away. I'm not sure when you are next going to be in Spain but when we go over in a couple of weeks, we could take a nosey for you and try and find more info.

We're also not wanting to be cut off. We don't know anyone in Spain either... other than our agents who are very friendly at the moment obviously
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:05 am
Popping in for a chat

I'm not really that dim but these Forums are all very new to me so I will answer more than one post at once. When I've used them in the past it's been to help me with exams etc.

Lionda - Yecla is about 30 mins from Villena its main industry is furniture, perhaps that throws some light on it. We haven't decided definately on Yecla so any info on the surrounding area will be a help. I have heard of Castalla what attracted you to there?

big wheels - I have already had a look on Yeclaserve but not 100% sure it gives me all the information I was looking for. I'm quite nervous about moving as I'm sure you all appreciate its a big move. I'm quite a social animal and my biggest fear is not having my friends around me.

I can't believe already that I have had replys to my post. Thanks everyone it makes me feel a touch more confident
Prettypolly

I have looked again at the map and found Yecla - don't know why I missed it the last time I looked as it is in bold type It looks to be about 40 mins away from Castalla so when we get to Spain we will take a drive over and check it out for you. We move on the 10th May so as soon as I can get on the internet I will report back

Nacnud

Sax look about 15 mins away so I can check it out for you also and report back to you.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:34 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Prettypolly

I have looked again at the map and found Yecla - don't know why I missed it the last time I looked as it is in bold type It looks to be about 40 mins away from Castalla so when we get to Spain we will take a drive over and check it out for you. We move on the 10th May so as soon as I can get on the internet I will report back

Nacnud

Sax look about 15 mins away so I can check it out for you also and report back to you.
Providing you are willing to make friends I don't see why you won't in any of the areas,
we have a few good friends, and many other people who we chat to when we meet, or speak to as we or they pass our/their house.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:50 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya prettypolly90
Cant really help much,we are still in the uk,just wished to welcome you to this forum,I havent been a member for long,dont be afraid of being on here,you will soon meet new friends and find out all the info you need,have you looked at JDR,s thread at the top of the page,Free Beer,you will find loads of usefull information there.

Well lots of luck ,take care
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nacnud
We're looking at moving to Sax near Alicante within a month or two. I'm sure Yecla isn't too far away. I'm not sure when you are next going to be in Spain but when we go over in a couple of weeks, we could take a nosey for you and try and find more info.

We're also not wanting to be cut off. We don't know anyone in Spain either... other than our agents who are very friendly at the moment obviously
Hello All,
First I have been absent from these forums for a while, part due to illness and part due to my new lease on life. OK I live in Sax and have done for five years now first with the wife and kids then the kids left to go back to the uk and now its just me and the wife, (peace at last) ok Yecla is not that far from Sax (about 30 mins) and is a real nice town. There are a Brit community there I dont know any of them. So you are in a real nice area, there are good routes to get out and about to visit more inland or even to the coast of Alicante.

We're looking at moving to Sax near Alicante within a month or two.
If you want some first hand information about Sax then take a look at my little website about Sax and some information that you might need about living in Spain. www.vinalopotrader.co.nr Let me know what you think about it and please leave a comment in the Guestbook or on the Forum.

Thanks

Countryboy.
aka David.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Hi I live about 15 Mins away from Yecla,
Its about 25 minutes away from the Main Madrid Alicante Motorway, which you can access at Caudete, Villena,
It is not a small village but a fairly busy semi industrial market town, centred on the furniture industry, so there are lots of Lumber yards and there is a Road(Villena Road), dedicated to furniture factories, there must be about 40 of them!!.
The town itself is quite lively, with a small expat population, which is growing as you can get some good properties in the surrounding area at a very good price. It is still a very spanish area, and the locals are generally very friendly and helpful, you will probably need to brush up your spanish quickly!!
Yecla sits on the side of a small mountain, which overlooks the Valley, which is mainly to vines and some Almonds, The wines are quite good with some good Bodega's and a large cooperativa in the town, going up to forestry in the North to the Ayora Valley and down south to Pinoso and the Sierra del Pilar on toward Fortuna, The surrounding Rural area is very pretty and not anywhere near as developed as say the Hondon Valley or Pinoso areas. As yet there are few chalets sprinkled about.
There is a Major golf course and development planned and started on the Yecla/Pinoso road (about 10K out), with a large hotel and golf course on the north side of town.(about 3k out)
As I said there are some really good country properties at reasonable prices in the area
In winter, it does get quite cold with nights bringing up a bit of frost now and again and on occasion snow!!
It is in Murcia Region and Murcia city which is a great place is about 40Mins away on a very good road,

As someone stated above there is a very active forum on www.yeclaserve.com which is run by a local brit with a spanish wife,

There is loads of info and leads on that site re the area.

Last edited by Solarwhizz; Apr 20th 2007 at 4:42 am.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I feel so much more comfortable knowing there are people out there. I have a 2 year old and my husband plans on coming back to the UK to work so I am quite concerned about being in spain on my own for periods at a time with a young child. So knowing there is support out there is such a comfort

Hi Solarwhizz, where about do you live? We looked at a property in Yecla which we fell in love with and i remember seeing all the furniture outlets.

Lionda, Countryboy and Nacnud. It would be great if you can check out the area for me, although Solarwhizz has been very helpful.

The more information you can give me the happier i feel. I have heard that yecla is quite bleak at times. The frost and the snow don't bother me but I don't want to spend my days locked inside cos its raining.

Obviously I will need to look at nursery/schooling and for my own pleasure a gym or swimming pool (how daft is that when i will have one in my own back garden, doa!!! ) so any comments please. Although I do understand there is a community pool in yecla. But I don't mind travelling.

Hey, I can't believe how friendly you all are thanks everyone
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Solarwhizz;4670867]Hi I live about 15 Mins away from Yecla,
Its about 25 minutes away from the Main Madrid Alicante Motorway, which you can access at Caudete, Villena,

Hi Solarwhizz

You mentioned snow, how much does it snow? Is it quite heavy or just a splattering like we get in England.

I have been reading some of the forums and asking some questions and I must say I feel much more confident about the whole thing. You never know this time next year I could be a neighbour.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.