Moving to Tenerife Property advice

Moving to Tenerife Property advice

Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:20 am
Banned

AlvyLad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Tenerife Property advice

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Well that was totally expected.

We will all be delighted for you if you succeed.

So many people ignore the warning signs and think that they know better than others and then return penniless and bitterly blame Spain or the Spanish and forget that they were the instigators of their own misfortune. This is why on this forum you will receive information that is as truthful and relevant as possible. We try not to sugar coat and encourage people to be foolhardy by saying what they want to hear but endeavour to give them the benefit of our experiences.

Many do not like hearing the negatives but unfortunately the grass is not always greener on the other side and is often more difficult than people expect.

Rosemary
My sense of humour... Sorry love!
I really appreciate your help and opinion!

It's unfortunately as what she says: people are going mad with greed, size of the house, age of the car and being wealthy and (more) "successful"... By sitting at the same homes, watching same TV, eating horrid take-away food, instead of hers home cooking... those "wealthier".
And I agree, I more often get along with migrants at work and on a street, than any of those "wealthy" wanna be posh toss neighbours and even past friends, that we meet once o month, no more....
"We" say, that money does matter, but in context of pretend "high earners" and general atmosphere in the later years, it's more important to make effort to be happier healthier, regardless of income (of course it has to be adequate) and so far it falls in to the predicted projections of ours... Hers, but I don't disagree with her.

Honestly, how many of you with such strong scarry messages lived recently back home and not from inheritance or some funds, but from hard earned salary, been paying left right and center and could say it was good living?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvyLad
(I'll pretend to be sensitive and would like to apologise, in case I would offend you, due to diferent points of view)
My earnings on average currently (S.E.) are only that much higher, what you state those in France.
"We" do manage everything, only just and we are not entitled to no help or want to be asking or be that much explicent over all of those. As is, I dont see as how financial state would ever improve and she does all the bills etc, she also is the brains behind the move using "MY" logic, as living in better enviroment, cheaper country and not paying mortgage, and toping up income by renting part out even to seasonal workers- at a low end scale- on overall would mean my earnings to be halved and still be better off.
Health care- she is adamant that kids are covered (either by UK NHS in period before full residencija card) and after by Spanish general policy, but overall family private insurance cover (she said would cover for a first- full year by our existing policy) £60pcm and a year or so later would become more expensive, but not that much.
Lucky me, she don't like discussions online etc but scarry stories (i don't ignore), but all seem to be load a fibs compared with hers notes.
The KIDS WILL NOT BE COVERED BY THE NHS OR THE SPANISH NHS unless you are working with a full legal contract, or working as an autonomo and paying into the system, why would she be thinking differently, the EHIC card will not be of any use because that is for VISITORS only, not residents. You really do need to get things sorted out well before you go, from your posts I can only see disaster in your future because of you lack of planning and refusal to accept advoce from people who live there, have lived there. Things are NOT chaeper, yes the cost of a beer is, but the cost of electricity is certainly hoigher, and while you can live without beer you can't do so without electricity. Remember that the Canaries are, generally, more expensive than mainland Spain as almost everything has to be imported. You seem set on your course, despite being told facts that you shuld have checked well before making any decision, so I will leave you to your new life, see you back in the UK within a year.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Don't you have to show an income of @€600 a month per person?
I mentioned earlier we've allowed decent enough of funds to cover
Property Purchase and legal fees
Enough to show each €5k for the bank for and for the period of gaining employment.
£3k for shipment of essential of goods
Few k's for unforseen expenses and yes, all my life worked, earned, paid bills, our lifetime savings are leaving us with under €150 for a accommodation to buy right out... I don't see it as any bad success or failure to be providing for kids.

Anw, pleasure chatting, got to do few bits for a client, will check what's new later on.

Onwards and upwards! 😁
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

My sense of humour... Sorry love!
I really appreciate your help and opinion!

It's unfortunately as what she says: people are going mad with greed, size of the house, age of the car and being wealthy and (more) "successful"... By sitting at the same homes, watching same TV, eating horrid take-away food, instead of hers home cooking... those "wealthier".
And I agree, I more often get along with migrants at work and on a street, than any of those "wealthy" wanna be posh toss neighbours and even past friends, that we meet once o month, no more....
"We" say, that money does matter, but in context of pretend "high earners" and general atmosphere in the later years, it's more important to make effort to be happier healthier, regardless of income (of course it has to be adequate) and so far it falls in to the predicted projections of ours... Hers, but I don't disagree with her.

Honestly, how many of you with such strong scarry messages lived recently back home and not from inheritance or some funds, but from hard earned salary, been paying left right and center and could say it was good living?
And why would your new location be any different if it's not about the house size, car etc. . At the moment you are blinded by the sun and haven't really got a plan. If you are happy to live a simple life, why don't you buy a 2nd hand caravan and try Spain first before spending all your money on a property. Otherwise Bulgaria might suit you better where you can buy a house for €5000 and live off the land, rather than going to a high cost area

Last edited by Moses2013; Aug 11th 2016 at 11:13 am.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
And why would your new location be any different if it's not about the house size, car etc. .
Exactly, the OP has some strange ideas

You think Spaniards dont care about house size or car? Of course they do. People in Spain are as materialistic as anywhere else, and they need to be - there are few benefits here to bail you out, if it goes wrong!
Old Aug 11th 2016, 11:54 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

(I'll pretend to be sensitive and would like to apologise, in case I would offend you, due to diferent points of view)
My earnings on average currently (S.E.) are only that much higher, what you state those in France.
"We" do manage everything, only just and we are not entitled to no help or want to be asking or be that much explicent over all of those. As is, I dont see as how financial state would ever improve and she does all the bills etc, she also is the brains behind the move using "MY" logic, as living in better enviroment, cheaper country and not paying mortgage, and toping up income by renting part out even to seasonal workers- at a low end scale- on overall would mean my earnings to be halved and still be better off.
Health care- she is adamant that kids are covered (either by UK NHS in period before full residencija card) and after by Spanish general policy, but overall family private insurance cover (she said would cover for a first- full year by our existing policy) £60pcm and a year or so later would become more expensive, but not that much.
Lucky me, she don't like discussions online etc but scarry stories (i don't ignore), but all seem to be load a fibs compared with hers notes.
Someone on the Spain forum will correct me if I'm wrong, but, in order to be able to sign off any building work, you must be registered and insured as a professional. And to be so, you need to be qualified in Spanish building norms, as your UK qualifications won't be valid on the Continent (including Tenerife and other islands) and an exam. in Spanish will be necessary. Any renovation work that you do with a view to renting or reselling will be subject to an inspection....
The fact of actually being able to work in your profession (as opposed to finding work) in order to provide for your family should be a priority.
If you choose to believe your wife on other subjects rather than listen to members, then that's your privilege, but I don't think many members will appreciate being accused of telling porkies.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:15 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The KIDS WILL NOT BE COVERED BY THE NHS OR THE SPANISH NHS unless you are working with a full legal contract, or working as an autonomo and paying into the system.
Children are automatically covered for Spanish state health care under the "ley de los menores" (in theory).
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Children are automatically covered for Spanish state health care under the "ley de los menores" (in theory).
Yes they are, but the parents need to prove that they are in poverty and have no resources to pay for healthcare out of their own pocket

The ley de menores was designed to help the African kids who arrive shipwrecked on the pateras
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:19 pm
Banned

Thanks again!
I don't say, you are telling porkies, but in every country there as ever so different perspectives and ways as it all seems.

The way it appears from your understanding, is that plan (1-) is the one to go for... is to get best possible short renting apartment, get it working for us and move own-selves a bit away of beaten track, but rented accommodation and waste opportunity in improving property myself (almost) free

Unfortunately, It is a bit of a pain from financial point of view too, as I have different financing options, as when I'd be buying buy myself property to live or just "buying one to rent", meaning, most likely, having to sell the house even before the purchase...
Meaning, I might end up getting, just long term rent and move asap...

Hence the question, I certainly need local, but still reliable adviser, to answer more obscure questions and deal (help us) with whole load of issues in the process.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cricketman
Yes they are, but the parents need to prove that they are in poverty and have no resources to pay for healthcare out of their own pocket

The ley de menores was designed to help the African kids who arrive shipwrecked on the pateras
Mhmh... something, I'd have to pass over for her to work out about them and their appearance...

My Bupa covers me and whole family up to 3 month for each visit worldwide and in case need to be it whenever but what is annoying its only up to the first claim

Last edited by AlvyLad; Aug 11th 2016 at 4:50 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:44 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again!

Hence the question, I certainly need local, but still reliable adviser, to answer more obscure questions and deal (help us) with whole load of issues in the process.
Try the Tenerife forum
Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Boseley
Try the Tenerife forum
Thanks, seems I'll have to, if no recommendations or any other brain waves are going to hit me
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Mhmh... something, I'd have to pass over for her to work out about them and their appearance...

My Bupa covers me and whole family up to 3 month for each visit worldwide and in case need to be it whenever but what is annoying its only up to the first claim
That also could be a grey area as you wouldn't be visiting but living there.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 10:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mikelincs
That also could be a grey area as you wouldn't be visiting but living there.
If it is meant to be covering 3, I thinks even a year wouldn't be an issue
Old Aug 12th 2016, 7:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If it is meant to be covering 3, I thinks even a year wouldn't be an issue
Depends on what it covers - I've no idea about Bupa, but for instance travel insurance wouldn't cover you as you'd be moving there (rather than just visiting). Once resident in Spain/Tenerife, travel insurance would cease to cover you, worth checking that Bupa isn't the same and that they're happy to cover up to 3 months even if you've actually moved there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.