Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 09

Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 09

Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:19 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 0

Originally Posted by Patrick2976
We're moving to the CDS (self drive) mid July with furniture. I'm looking at the logistics of renting a Luton van or maybe a 7.5 tonner. Anybody want to share it with a load back to the UK? Feel free to PM me
No cheaper for a one way van hire?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 0

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hey up mate. Well the initial plan was to use way2go or the other folks in Southhampton. Issues with them are 1/ They're quite expensive.2/ They no longer have a 7.5 tonner available so it's a Luton (which may or may not be big enough). 3/ We're in Leeds which would mean going and getting the van and bringing it back up, packing and driving back down again (bit of a ball ache - although they have offered to do it for £80+fuel+driver's train ticket back). 4/ When I've finished I've got to drive the van up to Alicante from the CDS for drop off (closer than Kent mind...).
If we go for the Luton then we'll probably do the one way hire otherwise I'll be driving back an empty 7 ton truck to the UK - seems a waste.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey up mate. Well the initial plan was to use way2go or the other folks in Southhampton. Issues with them are 1/ They're quite expensive.2/ They no longer have a 7.5 tonner available so it's a Luton (which may or may not be big enough). 3/ We're in Leeds which would mean going and getting the van and bringing it back up, packing and driving back down again (bit of a ball ache - although they have offered to do it for £80+fuel+driver's train ticket back). 4/ When I've finished I've got to drive the van up to Alicante from the CDS for drop off (closer than Kent mind...).
If we go for the Luton then we'll probably do the one way hire otherwise I'll be driving back an empty 7 ton truck to the UK - seems a waste.
Ahh I see, we did ours with a LWB Luton
Youd be suprised what you can get in one
Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Ahh I see, we did ours with a LWB Luton
Youd be suprised what you can get in one
I just spoke to a guy from a van hire company who stated it's no longer allowed to rent out 7.5 tonners unless you (the punter) have some sort of light haulage certificate...??
Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:42 pm
Senior Moment

I just spoke to a guy from a van hire company who stated it's no longer allowed to rent out 7.5 tonners unless you (the punter) have some sort of light haulage certificate...??

Hmmmm .... not that I'd heard of .... normally 7.5 ton and below on a normal licence for personal usage (and no tacho needed) ... above that a different licence, and commercially a tachograph. Was that way2go?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:16 am
Just Joined

yorks is an unknown quantity at this point

To clear a few things up, I have been asked whats the catch why so cheap, The reason is we take very expensive gear, Things what cant be replaced quickly if damaged or lost as what used to happen when sent by trucks, So the journey is paid for by them and we are left with a empty van one way,
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:19 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

am I the only one to have noticed that the OP hasn't come back?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
am I the only one to have noticed that the OP hasn't come back?
Silent witness. ;-))
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Silent witness. ;-))
Seems that peeps are returning to Uk, wonder is anyone sending a van back empty that would consider a back load and shared costs. Intending to go to Granada area.

You can still hire 7.5 tonners but it depends on the company. we hired one when we moved from Cleveland to Herts.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

chickabelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Spain?We can share the van hire; we are moving back to UK July/August 0

Hi there my boyfriend and i are looking to hire a van from Malaga to london around mid july, if we could arrange slightly different pick up/drop off, i would be really interested to see if we could share the costs. Where in spain are you moving to?? My email is [email protected] or telephone is <<snip>>, not sure if you might have organised something already now, thanks for your time

regards
claire

Last edited by Sue; Jul 7th 2009 at 1:44 am. Reason: Tel no removed. Its not wise to post personal telephone numbers on a public forum
Old Jul 11th 2009, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

mgulatowscy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Are still looking for someone to share a van. We need to get some stuff to Murcia and it would be a good idea to share the costs.

Let me know if it is still the case. My email is [email protected] or <<snip>>

Regards

Gregory

Last edited by Sue; Jul 12th 2009 at 7:25 pm. Reason: Tel no removed. Its not wise to post your phone no on a public forum.