Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moving to spain with pet dogs & cats

moving to spain with pet dogs & cats

Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

sandy noble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to spain with pet dogs & cats

Hi has anyone out there have any tried & trusted way of bringing their pets over to spain, we think we are going for the short ferry run, and then overland travel in van, but its a little daunting to me, I have heard of pet carriers thet drive your pets from england, but I dont know anyone who has actually done it!!

Hope you friendly bunch can give some advice, Thanks in anticipation of some advice. Sandy.

We are moving into our spanish farmhouse in Atzeneta (Castellon)next year, after four long years fo renovation but worth it.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to spain with pet dogs & cats

Originally Posted by sandy noble
Hi has anyone out there have any tried & trusted way of bringing their pets over to spain, we think we are going for the short ferry run, and then overland travel in van, but its a little daunting to me, I have heard of pet carriers thet drive your pets from england, but I dont know anyone who has actually done it!!

Hope you friendly bunch can give some advice, Thanks in anticipation of some advice. Sandy.

We are moving into our spanish farmhouse in Atzeneta (Castellon)next year, after four long years fo renovation but worth it.
Have a look in the free beer thread just above this one, a link to a company called Easypets we have used is in there, excellent service and picked up and dropped off spot on the times they quoted.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:33 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

We were quoted the thick edge of a grand. In the end my daughter drove the two dogs down in the car, stopping at pet friendly B&Bs/hotels. They were happy to even let the dogs sleep in the rooms.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:57 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I've made the journey via Dover/Calais with two dogs, staying overnight in a dog-friendly hotel in France, near to the border, and then driving to Valencia the next day.

Castellon from the border would be an easy journey; in my experience, Spanish hotels are not generally dog friendly.

Depending on the animals sizes, don't forget the flying option, it's much quicker, and probably cheaper.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I've made the journey via Dover/Calais with two dogs, staying overnight in a dog-friendly hotel in France, near to the border, and then driving to Valencia the next day.

Castellon from the border would be an easy journey; in my experience, Spanish hotels are not generally dog friendly.

Depending on the animals sizes, don't forget the flying option, it's much quicker, and probably cheaper.
Problem is both cats and dogs,(how big?),....may not be possible if the van is not large.

Easy route,much shorter thru France, is via St Malo overnight ferry,takes pets,then overnight at Bordo or Bayonne (motels take pets),then via Zaragoza mostly toll free,new road.